uniqs

kw0
Premium Member
join:2004-06-12
New Albany, OH

kw0

Premium Member

Re: [TWC] Zoom 5341J Soft-Rebooting randomly

I kind of figured that...but it was doing the same thing on my SB6141 before I swapped it out. I assumed the Surfboard was the culprit and I was killing two birds with one stone by bringing my own modem.

Are those correctables/uncorrectables normal?

anon_5224
join:2001-10-23
united state
Asus RT-AC66

anon_5224

The modem shouldn't be making power adjustments all that often, and if it was happening with the TWC modem then definitely expect at least some of the issue to lie on their end. As I said, do as much troubleshooting with your end as you can, as you're now contributing to up to half the problem in the eyes of Tech Support. Check connectors, and try different outlets, remove power/surge-strips, etc. Power Adjustments are the modem's way of compensating for voltage inconsistencies which could be there due to the CATV line and also the AC adapter and it's power-source. Cover your end well and call in for TWC's part: you may end up with a service call fixing it all.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

said by anon_5224:

Cover your end well and call in for TWC's part: you may end up with a service call fixing it all.

Can a subscriber avoid a chargeable service call by going in to the TW store and picking up a modem for lease? I'm thinking a few days' leasing fee would be a cheaper option.

kw0
Premium Member
join:2004-06-12
New Albany, OH

kw0 to anon_5224

Premium Member

to anon_5224
said by anon_5224:

The modem shouldn't be making power adjustments all that often

Define power adjustments? Is that the correctables/uncorrectables thing?

I was debating removing the splitter between the wall and my modem...I installed a splitter myself and ran one to my TV and the other to my modem.