All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mdshs
@teksavvy.com

mdshs

Anon

[Asterisk] Good guides to installing Asterisk on a VPS?

Anyone have any they can recommend or critical things to do? I've installed Asterisk on a VPS a few times before with no real issues, but I know there's certain things you're supposed to do, like things to disable, enable etc.

I've always used this site which is pretty good and detailed, just wondering if anything is missing or something I should do if using CentOS and FreePBX?

»www.powerpbx.org/content ··· erver-v1

Thanks!

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

I have had mine running on a VPS since August with no issues. I didn't do anything special when I compiled and installed it. Depending on the memory available to your VPS you may want to disable the modules you don't use. I guess the guides for installing asterisk on embedded linux devices could help (mine runs on a VPS with 128MB RAM and I didn't need to disable anything, plus I have other things running there like mysql and apache with php)
GraysonPeddi
Grayson Peddie
join:2010-06-28
Tallahassee, FL
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC

GraysonPeddi to mdshs

to mdshs
Check out Asterisk: The Definitive Guide in PDF format or in HTML version.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to mdshs

MVM

to mdshs
PIAF has an OpenVZ template.
dangmoo
join:2012-02-09

dangmoo to mdshs

to mdshs
You just run 'make menuselect' when compiling then enable/disable what you want.

4 years ago I ran Asterisk (for personal use & tests) on a 128mb RAM (+ some swap) Debian VPS without issues, and without disabling anything which comes by default.
I then added Festival speech synthesis server, and even set a live radio station as MOH - 2 things which required extra processes running all time.