uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to masif

Re: Bell Canada Fibe25/10 can ping but cannot browse frequently

said by masif:

NOTE: I see a post in Bell Canada Direct Support, subject is similar, can someone please tell me if this is a frequent issue with Bell?

I got Bell Fibe25 internet connection and am using Connection Hub, this is the same setup as I have in my previous home (different location), and the problem I am going to explain has happened on both locations exactly the same:

Setup:
Internet -> Bell Connection Hub -> Linksys E4200 (TomatoUSB) -> Home Network (voip phone, laptops, iphone, ipads etc etc)

DNS: I use OPENDNS servers

Problem:

I am experiencing a weird problem, very intermittently ( sometimes quiet often) my Internet connectivity drops regardless if I am connected via wired or wireless, doing heavy browsing or not, heavy downloading or not, in the night when no browsing or downloading is going on:

1. My VoIP phone loses connectivity
2. My online streaming contents losing connecivity
3. Two of my laptop's can browse any sites.
4. iPad/iPhone can't browse any sites, check any emails

All the devices loses connectivity, but yet, if I try to ping any public IP address (for eg., 4.2.2.2) I can ping, in every situation. The Bell Connection Hub shows all the right lights, the modem status on the web UI states connected and shows my dynamic IP.

The only way to get it fixed is to reboot the Bell modem, after which everything comes back.

Now in order to simplify troubleshooting I did remove all the other components:

Internet -> Bell Connection Hub -> Wired -> VoIP Adaptor
Internet -> Bell Connection Hub -> Wireless -> Laptop,iPhone, iPad.

Still same. By the way I had worked with Bell tech's and they have clearly ruled out line issues at my previous location as well as new location.

Any suggestions?

I had this problem, had to change my profile to a fibetv profile... it fixed the issue for me.

masif

join:2012-08-19
Mississauga, ON
Thanks.

So how did you request that?

kovy7

said by masif:

Thanks.

So how did you request that?

Try direct forum.

masif

Mississauga, ON
Thanks, I have the same post up there too.

kovy7

Cool, hopefully it fixes your problem... which was really annoying to me too.

masif

Mississauga, ON
@Kovy: so now you are not having any sort of disconnect issues right?

kovy7

said by masif:

@Kovy: so now you are not having any sort of disconnect issues right?

Nop, it's all gone. But you need to make sure you have the same problem... this doesn't fix a losing sync situation.