ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank to Secyurityet

Premium Member

to Secyurityet

Re: 'Black Box' Data Recorders Required In All New Cars

said by Secyurityet:

said by sivran:

And that's why I don't want a little electronic snitch raising my insurance rates just because some insurance bean counter's definition of safety doesn't match reality.

Did you ever stop to think that the speed limit was set because of some inherent safety issue with that stretch of highway?

Insurance bean-counters don't set highway speeds. Traffic engineers in consultation with local law enforcement do.

At the end of it all, if you never have an accident or are never cited for an offense, your insurance company's bean-counters will never know.

And, by definition, if either of those occur, then you weren't as skillful with your vehicle as you thought you were...

That is not necessarily true. In some instances people set the speed limit based on the amount of money in the area and their attitude about how that nasty road interrupts the pristine atmosphere of the surrounding area. There are several areas in Loudoun and Faquier Counties in Virginia that this has occurred.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Probably the best explanation for the low speed limit on Winchester Boulevard just north of the town of Los Gatos, California.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to Hank

Premium Member

to Hank
said by Hank:

said by Secyurityet:

said by sivran:

And that's why I don't want a little electronic snitch raising my insurance rates just because some insurance bean counter's definition of safety doesn't match reality.

Did you ever stop to think that the speed limit was set because of some inherent safety issue with that stretch of highway?

Insurance bean-counters don't set highway speeds. Traffic engineers in consultation with local law enforcement do.

At the end of it all, if you never have an accident or are never cited for an offense, your insurance company's bean-counters will never know.

And, by definition, if either of those occur, then you weren't as skillful with your vehicle as you thought you were...

That is not necessarily true. In some instances people set the speed limit based on the amount of money in the area and their attitude about how that nasty road interrupts the pristine atmosphere of the surrounding area. There are several areas in Loudoun and Faquier Counties in Virginia that this has occurred.

Fairfax is infamous for this imo, it's the reason a 4 lane divided road has a speed limit of 35 mph.
armed
join:2000-10-20

armed

They should declare all laws of the road unconstitutional.

It my right to drive and my right to drive how I want to drive.

Every law I don't agree with is a bad law that limits my freedom.

Sorry... I just thought I would join in with the stupid comments.
Expand your moderator at work