Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

taytong888

join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

[Equipment] SPA-2102 Need help accessing web admin page

Hello,

I just bought an open box Linksys SPA-2102 from a local computer shop, for use as a back-up ATA. After resetting it to factory default (****, 73738#,1) the Power LED was still blinking RED. Any problem with this unit? The Internet/WAN port LED is solid green.

I need help getting into the web admin page to set up the device.

Thanks a lot for your help.

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA
After a reset, you may have to enable WAN access per the quick start guide, using a phone.
»www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_i···uick.pdf

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to taytong888
If the WAN was blinking green, it would mean the ATA is still booting up, but if it's blinking red, that usually means a problem with the firmware (corruption).
Is there a pattern ? Usually when the firmware is bad, it blinks 3 times short, 2 times long, 3 times short and then a short pause and again from the beginning.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

taytong888

Nepean, ON
reply to zapattack
Hello zapattack,

Followed the method in your link. Still doesn't work.

taytong888

Nepean, ON
reply to toro
Hello toro,

Thank you for your reply. My ATA is Linksys SPA-2102-R1. I didn't notice any pattern at all. because the power LED seems to blink RED constantly.

I also tried upgrading to the latest firmware version 5.2.13 but after what appears to be a progress bar being filled, the error message on screen says: "Firmware upgrade failed. Cannot access device".

My backup ATA is behind a router (192.168.1.1). Because the default IP of SPA-2102-R1 is 192.168.0.1, I changed the IP of my connection to 192.168.0.x before flashing the new firmware. Still doesn't work.

I then tried connecting the ATA directly to the cable modem and used the IP given by Interactive Voice Response (****, 110#, 1).
Firmware upgrading again doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
reply to taytong888
said by taytong888:

I just bought an open box Linksys SPA-2102 from a local computer shop, for use as a back-up ATA. After resetting it to factory default (****, 73738#,1) the Power LED was still blinking RED. Any problem with this unit? The Internet/WAN port LED is solid green.

I've got one that does that also. I was wondering if there is any way to reflash the firmware on one of these?

taytong888

Nepean, ON
reply to taytong888
Hi,

I found that web admin page is disabled by default (duh!), so in order to be able to login I had to use **** >7932# > 1# >1. Then to put the ATA in bridge mode: **** >201# > 1#

Once inside the admin page, I saw no SIP or PROVISIONING tabs at all. Bad omens! These tabs are for registration and firmware upgrade, respectively. Product Info page > Customization = "pending" (unlike "Open" as in my working SPA-3102).

Tried running the .exe firmware upgrade files from Linksys, still no go.

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:26

1 edit
Deleted.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
reply to taytong888

If it was ME, I would return it to the store before the short warranty of an open-box item expires.

Just saying....

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to taytong888
Ah, may be actually a new device that was never connected to the internet but was meant to be customized to a VoIP provider. They are put in this "pending customization" state from the factory and are supposed to download the customization data the first time they are connected to the Internet. See this post »SPA-2102 and the dreaded "Customization: Pending" state.. for more info.
The bad news is that you can't do anything with it before it gets customized and it will most likely be locked to the VoIP provider it was meant for after it gets customized.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
said by toro:

....The bad news is that you can't do anything with it before it gets customized and it will most likely be locked to the VoIP provider it was meant for after it gets customized.

And this CRAP leaks into the retail store channels for unsuspecting buyers like us ?

SHAME !

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
Well for example the SPA2102s made for Clearwire are customized the same way. They were often available in retail stores, I remember BestBuy used to have them for like $15 which is way below the normal retail price, but the box had a sleeve which indicated the ATA is for Clearwire VoIP service. To me, that's a totally acceptable.
I think in this case the OP stumbled upon a dishonest seller which has removed any traces of the company for which the ATA was made, and sell it as "open box".
--
»www.voipfan.net