PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Deep] You know its a tough week when...

...you drive to CVS to pick up a sympathy card for a departed close friend of the family, and by the time you get there...you have to buy two sympathy cards.

For about 20 years my folks shared a driveway with our neighbors where I grew up, and were very close to them. Her husband Ronnie passed away from complications from an accident 4 months ago (his tractor/mower rolled over and landed on top of him while mowing a steep hill).

On the way to pick up the card, my friend/co-worker Gene calls me to tell me that our previous boss, and friend, Larry (we changed contractors 1 August) suddenly passed away (he was only 57), while taking a nap; his wife came in to check on him...and he was gone.

To top it off, Gene and his wife are driving to Saratoga, NY where his wife's aunt just passed away (cancer), then will turn around, come back to CT, and we will drive to Bangor ME to attend Larry's service.

Getting older sometimes really bites. Always let those close to you know what they mean to you!
--
Deeds, not words

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9

1 recommendation

So many at once! Please accept my condolences, Pete.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to PeteC2

May they rest in peace.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to PeteC2

Man Pete, I know what you mean. I lost my best friend and my father in a short time, and my future FIL just a few years ago, and he was way too young. Growing old has its benefits but definitly has some withdrawls as well.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
Bristol, CT

Especially when they start dropping off and are the same age as us!

Reminds us to do the things that we want and need to do...now...
--
Deeds, not words

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

1 recommendation

reply to PeteC2

I am so sorry, Pete. My deepest sympathy for all who knew and loved your departed friends.

Sending cyberhugs across the miles.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
Bristol, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

Thanks Sorto! Just got back from Maine (Bangor) where the services were held.

I did not realize how sick Larry had been...he had lost almost 1/2 his body weight (big guy) so this was not as sudden as I had believed. He and his wife Janet were so close, this has been devastating for her.
--
Deeds, not words

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

1 recommendation

It was sudden for you, however. For a wife who was close, it was too sudden no matter how long she knew he was in trouble.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
Bristol, CT

Yes indeed. Not having seen him since last spring, I had not realized that he was feeling poorly for some time now, but still, his passing was unexpected.
--
Deeds, not words