antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

Adobe's Flash Updater: Bloated, Confusing & Shady

»www.techspot.com/article ··· sh-fail/ from »www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bi ··· d=137313

"Editorial -- Being one of the most prolific sources of security vulnerabilities in Windows and other platforms, Adobe Flash Player needs no introduction. In spite of that reputation, and the fact that the rest of the industry is moving away from Flash, Microsoft surprised many of us by bundling the software with its operating system for the first time with Windows 8. This is after previously announcing that they wouldn't allow Flash in the Metro version of Internet Explorer 10 -- a decision the company later reversed. I have to wonder if qualms such as these played a role in Steven Sinofsky's departure, but that's another discussion.

I was glad when the Adobe Flash Player Updater was released in March. Finally the day had come when our machines would be silently updated with the latest Flash version. In the past, when visiting a friend or relative, I’d always check Adobe or Mozilla's websites and update the software if necessary..."

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

"Finally the day had come when our machines would be silently updated with the latest Flash version."

While I rather manually update it myself knowing what the changes are. People constantly pushing for silent updating and then they discover their machine got borked from a bad update.