uniqs
wadewood
Premium Member
join:2003-05-04
Houston, TX

wadewood

Premium Member

Comcast Houston remap OTA channels 12-09-12

Comcast Houston (at least 77396) just remapped OTA channels for HD FOX, CBS. NBC, ABC, PBS, and CW.

So if you have use Windows Media Center and a OTA tuner, you will need to rerun setup.

Of course I missed recording TV football games because Comcast provided no notice of this change.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

said by wadewood:

Of course I missed recording TV football games because Comcast provided no notice of this change.

Considering they're going to be encrypting ALL channels in the near future, it'll all be a moot point eventually...
If you decide to upgrade to a cablecard tuner for your WMC, then it'll (also) be a moot point, as obviously the cablecard will take care of this in the backround.
wadewood
Premium Member
join:2003-05-04
Houston, TX

wadewood

Premium Member

I have a cablecard tuner - Silicon Dust HD Prime as well as 2 OTA HD Homeruns for recording up to 7 channels at a time.

I use the OTA tuners for these basic channels and the cablecard for everything else.

This is the 2nd time in less than a year that Comcrap has changed the mappings of these channels. Redoing the setup on 7 PCs in house is a royal pain. I'm going to install external antenna and just pick these channels up over the air.