TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to DDR4040

Premium Member

to DDR4040

Re: NZBMatrix is dead

I still wonder if they was paid off. why did they list the company's who were having stuff removed. almost seemed like an ad for the take down company. Even removed the XXX site so I think it was more then just what they said.

It's that or they simply were not making as much money as they wanted or scared they may be sued soon.

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515

Premium Member

said by TOPDAWG:

I still wonder if they were paid off. Why did they list the companies who were having stuff removed. almost seemed like an ad for the take down company. Even removed the XXX site so I think it was more then just what they said.

It's that or they simply were not making as much money as they wanted or scared they may be sued soon.

Well, they were probably approached by MAFIAA offering them some $$$ to go away quietly or be defiant and get sued into oblivion. Can't blame them for taking the cash.

About not making enough money, you could be right here. But then again, NZBMatrix only required a one-time donation whereas NewzBin you had to replenish funds after certain time/usage.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.
AndrewW
join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON

AndrewW

I don't believe there is any infringement in downloading a NZB. I have plenty of NZBs from which I never downloaded the actual files. How would they prove you actually copyright infringed?

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

1 edit

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

never stopped them before form taking people to court or demanding a settlement.

I got a big feelings they were paid off or were not making enough money now to be risked getting sued in the future. So take the pay off or enjoy the money you've already made. Someone said they had 300,000 members that is a lot money and running that site did not cost that much now so they made some big bucks.

The BS they put on the site about things being removed that is BS I had no issue getting the stuff and it's been going on for months and as long as they make money they don't care. It's all about the money.

The only thing I will miss is the auto search and cmts so if you know a file works right or has subs during parts where it's needed or you can learn if it works at all cause it may be broken. I will also miss the clear cut info about the file you was downloading exp I download Asian movies and sometimes I want the dub so searching the the manual sites will not give you all that info.
AndrewW
join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON

AndrewW

said by TOPDAWG:

never stopped them before form taking people to court or demanding a settlement.

I got a big feelings they were paid off or were not making enough money now to be risked getting sued in the future. So take the pay off or enjoy the money you've already made. Someone said they had 300,000 members that is a lot money and running that site did not cost that much now so they made some big bucks.

The BS they put on the site about things being removed that is BS I had no issue getting the stuff and it's been going on for months and as long as they make money they don't care. It's all about the money.

The only thing I will miss is the auto search and cmts so if you know a file works right or has subs during parts where it's needed or you can learn if it works at all cause it may be broken. I will also miss the clear cut info about the file you was downloading exp I download Asian movies and sometimes I want the dub so searching the the manual sites will not give you all that info.

They can try to sue all they want but they would have to have proof you downloaded it. All the successful cases I believe were torrents, which can reveal who the seeders are meaning copyright infringers by definition.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to TOPDAWG

MVM

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.

So you only worry about that now that they are shut down? I would have thought the time to worry about such a thing was when you signed up, or when you paid, or when you downloaded the NZB.
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

sandman_1

said by cdru:

said by TOPDAWG:

So you only worry about that now that they are shut down? I would have thought the time to worry about such a thing was when you signed up, or when you paid, or when you downloaded the NZB.

No one should worry about it. Downloading a xml (NZB) file, the last time I checked, wasn't illegal.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to cdru

Premium Member

to cdru
i mean someone may worry I don't give a crap myself.