Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Sprakk

Re: [MoP] Leveling from 85-90

I was in a similar situation to yours. I leveled from 85-90 almost exclusively through dungeon finder. Keep in mind this is a very rough estimate, but I'd say it took about 4-6 hours per level. Maybe more. It depends if you have rested XP or not.

I am now slowly going back through all the pandaria zones, and I'm really enjoying it! I've played WoW since original release, and honestly this has been the best expansion, as far as story-telling goes (by that I mean the flow of the quests from one area to another, the use of phasing for a sense of real progress) etc. I highly recommend doing the zones on at least one of your toons.

I'm not sure what you mean by "alternate zones"? There is just the continent of pandaria, which is broken up into a number of zones (Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds, Krasarang Wilds, etc..)
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Nathrezim

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01

Awesome, thanks for the info Polux7777. That's exactly what I was after.

What I meant with alternate zones is... At level 80, you can either go to Vash or you can go to Hyjal to get to level 82.

Also, I'm guessing if I want to level from 85 to 90 via dungeons, I should queue as tank for faster queues, where applicable? Or do DPS get decent queue times now?

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

I believe there are a couple alternate zones (87-89 etc). I think both horde and alliance have to start out in Jade Forest though. After that you have some options.

If you are focused soley on instant ques then yes, que as a tank. However, if you dont like tanking, or are bad at tanking, for the sake of your group dont que as one

Wait times for DPS varies by your battlegroup (cluster of realms), but I'd say on average you're looking at 10-20 minute waits. If i que as dps its usually on the lower end, between 8-12 minutes. Your mileage may vary.
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Nathrezim