Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

1 recommendation

lordpuffer to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo

Re: Magic Mouse Problem

I have found once that once I started using the magic trackpad, I would never want to go back to a mouse. I ditched the mouse the day I got my first iMac.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by lordpuffer:

I have found once that once I started using the magic trackpad, I would never want to go back to a mouse. I ditched the mouse the day I got my first iMac.

I may give one a whirl. I need accuracy though. I assume a Trackpad will allow that.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

It seems to be pretty accurate for me. However, it sounds like you need accuracy more than I do. I'm sure some others can answer the question of it's accuracy.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Click for full size
Clique by Henge Dock
I prefer the trackpad for everything except AutoCAD. I got a Henge Dock Clique for my wireless keyboard and trackpad and it's pretty slick.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

Ohhh I like that, but I wanted a wrist rest so I went with this from OWC : »eshop.macsales.com/item/ ··· NUPDORG/

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I could get away with a wrist rest if it were fairly thin, maybe 5-6mm

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

1 edit

Nezmo to skeechan

MVM

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

I prefer the trackpad for everything except AutoCAD. I got a Henge Dock Clique for my wireless keyboard and trackpad and it's pretty slick.

I really like that.

I was going the remote desktop route to my mini but realized an actual Apple keyboard would be helpful and the small one is nice and fits behind my other keyboard (almost under it) when not used on my under desk keyboard/mouse draw.

I also have a cable on order to allow me to use another input on my 27" monitor. I know, slippery slope...

I'm on the fence about the mouse. I may try exchanging it and buy the Trackpad as well and see what works for me.

Edit: Not so great reviews on Amazon for that frame. Says it's a bit too tight for the Trackpad. How did you get on?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

It depends on the trackpad. One trackpad it fits tight on the sides and what happens is when you click, it holds the click down. My other trackpad fits great. So the two trackpads are not the same size; not sure if it is height, width or what. In any event, a small emory board would probably loosen up the frame with little problem if ya got a sticky one.