how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

karlbr

join:2012-12-09
Springdale, AR

[Services] porting "local preferred number" to ooma

My question is regarding porting a " local pref" number we have been using with AT&T. It is not the "official" number the account is registered with, it is a number we chose and paid to keep using from our previous nearby location.
I would like to know if we can port this particular number to ooma and keep our dsl running (hopefully without the trouble of having the dsl cut upon port completion)

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

Re: [Services] porting "local preferred number" to oom

said by karlbr:

My question is regarding porting a " local pref" number we have been using with AT&T. It is not the "official" number the account is registered with, it is a number we chose and paid to keep using from our previous nearby location.
I would like to know if we can port this particular number to ooma and keep our dsl running (hopefully without the trouble of having the dsl cut upon port completion)

Only porting the account's primary phone number should cause the DSL account to be closed. However, in the past I have tried to port secondary (Ring Master) numbers, and was told that was not permitted. I was however allowed to convert RingMaster numbers into standalone POTS accounts, and then later port them.

I am not sure what an AT&T "local pref" number is, but I suspect that AT&T will not permit it to be directly ported.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.