spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wilmington

@rr.com

[TWC] lights on motorola sb6141

I got my modem set up through TW, but my amber light is blinking all the time. I am wondering if it is supposed to blink, or should be on all the time? The papers that came with it don't mention this.

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
Amber means your PC has wake on lan or magic packet active even when its shut off and thus modem is detecting it.

Wilmington

@rr.com
Sorry... I don't understand what that means. Is there something that I need to do, to get it to stop blinking, or is that the way it is supposed to be?

kilrathi
Premium
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to Wilmington
If u have a pc or laptops hooked up or even a router thats powered up it will either be blue or amber blinking

What do u have hooked up directly from the modem

kilrathi
Premium
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to Wilmington
Oh and u can find sb6141 manual and quick user guide on motorola site.

per manual, that light is: Transmitting or receiving data on Ethernet port.

And it does this:

"Amber: A device, PC, or hub is connected to the Ethernet (10Base-T) or Fast Ethernet (100Base-T) port
Blue*: High-speed Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) connection from the SB6141 to your PC"

Wilmington

@rr.com
reply to kilrathi
Okay, Thank you... I have a router connected to modem. I read in the paperwork, that came with the modem, that it should be amber or blue, but it didn't say anything about the blinking. So, it is just recognizing that a device is connected to it? But even when I unplug my router, it is still blinking. Okay, as long as nothing is wrong here. Thank you.

kilrathi
Premium
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to Wilmington
If the router is powered down and it has no itnernal battery backup then that light should of been dark