spc
uniqs
DeltaDart1
join:2007-12-13
Cedar Rapids, IA

DeltaDart1 to BozotheHEtec

to BozotheHEtec

Re: [Cable TV]37 Days 'till Sinclair vs Mediacom Retrans Expires

What do you think would happen if Mediacom just said "NO"? And just tell Sinclair we have decided not to carry your channels. I would back Mediacom 100% if they did this. This crap is getting very old.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO

alphapointe

MVM

said by DeltaDart1:

What do you think would happen if Mediacom just said "NO"? And just tell Sinclair we have decided not to carry your channels. I would back Mediacom 100% if they did this. This crap is getting very old.

Agreed. MC should tell them "you take what we give you, or go pound sand and explain to your advertisers why your viewership just dropped like a rock"

Unfortunately, it won't happen, Mediacom will cave and our rates will go up even more...
garn91
join:2005-01-15
Ankeny, IA

garn91 to DeltaDart1

to DeltaDart1
said by DeltaDart1:

Would never happen because FCC rules prohibit beaming in an out of market Fox affiliate and like it or not, would cause Mediacom to lose subscribers at a far greater rate than they would if they agreeded to pay more and caused an increase in rates.
DeltaDart1
Cedar Rapids, IA

DeltaDart1

How much longer can a business model keep working like this? At some point something has to give. If you like sports cable has you covered but for us that don't watch sports I would have no problem putting up an antenna.

Trouble is I don't watch anything(maybe catch a local newscast)on the local channels so I would have to think hard about even putting up an antenna. Have had Netflix streaming for over a year now and really thats all I watch.

It's not perfect but I wanted to watch the show "The Killing" so I went and bought the whole season thru Amazon.com for less than $20. Bypassed local tv and cable. Isn't this the future anyway?
garn91
join:2005-01-15
Ankeny, IA

garn91

said by DeltaDart1:

How much longer can a business model keep working like this? At some point something has to give. If you like sports cable has you covered but for us that don't watch sports I would have no problem putting up an antenna.

Trouble is I don't watch anything(maybe catch a local newscast)on the local channels so I would have to think hard about even putting up an antenna. Have had Netflix streaming for over a year now and really thats all I watch.

It's not perfect but I wanted to watch the show "The Killing" so I went and bought the whole season thru Amazon.com for less than $20. Bypassed local tv and cable. Isn't this the future anyway?

Nothing is going to change until people stop watching sports, it's the only DVR-proof programming on TV and the ratings speak for themselves. The networks know that and the advertisers know that.
DeltaDart1
Cedar Rapids, IA

DeltaDart1

This is amazing!! Just got back from the doctor and they had KCRG-TV on and KCRG had a message that said there agreement with DISH NETWORK is ending and chances are pretty good that nothing will be worked out so people better be prepared to get the KCRG signal from another source. Does anyone even watch KCRG anymore? Have not watched it in years.