All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: League of Legends

So what is everyones opinion since patch? I have been in france/japan for a month so havent had any experience with it. All i can do is read forums, which i see is in uproar over blackcleavers..
How are the jungle changes? I read that Mundo was still clearing jungle just as fast but his build sequence changed a bit. Guess this break will let Riot iron some things out before i jump back in.
Sprakk
join:2009-10-01

Sprakk

The new patch is fun. Takes quite a bit of getting used to though.

The item shop took me a good week to navigate around properly until I found the grid button, instead of listing every item with it's description.

The jungle changes are neat. But I feel like it slows down the jungler a bit. Makes farming Wraiths a bit harder as mid too.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Ez is seeing quite a bit of play with the new Iceborne Gauntlet. The AoE slow built into that proc is ridiculous.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Sprakk

to Sprakk
said by Sprakk:

Makes farming Wraiths a bit harder as mid too.

This was the intended result of that change.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

There’s nothing more satisfying than the sounds of your enemies succumbing to an extreme beat-down. Not to Vi, anyway, the newest champion to join the League. Punching, excessive force, and armor-busting brutality are what she’s all about.

Abilities:

Blast Shield: Vi charges a shield over time. The shield can be activated by hitting an enemy with an ability.
Vault Breaker: Vi charges her gauntlets and unleashes a vault shattering punch, carrying her forward. Enemy champions that Vi collides with stop her movement and are knocked back.
Denting Blows: Vi's punches break her opponent's armor, dealing bonus damage and granting her attack speed.
Excessive Force: Vi's next attack blasts through her target, dealing damage to enemies behind it.
Assault and Battery: Vi runs down an enemy, knocking aside anyone in the way. When she reaches her target she knocks it into the air, jumps after it, and slams it back into the ground.

At home in top lane or the jungle, Vi’s playstyle revolves around pummeling opponents and tearing into and shattering their armor. Vi’s signature punch is Vault Breaker. When you first activate the ability, Vault Breaker begins charging a powerful punch. Activating Vault Breaker a second time causes you to dash forward, dealing damage to units and knocking back enemy champions. Early game, Vi excels at bullying opponents while shoving the lane with Vault Breaker and the AoE damage from Excessive Force. Skillful use of Excessive Force allows you to quickly clear your lane while harassing opponents trying to get in close to last hit minions.

When team fights erupt, Vi’s ultimate allows you to charge through your opponents’ front-line and crush their carries. Assault and Battery locks on to an enemy champion. You then chase them down, uppercutting them into the air. Enemies unfortunate enough to be in the way are knocked aside. High damage, armor debuffs, and knockbacks make you a disruptive force. Since Vi’s attacks and activated abilities apply stacks of Denting Blows, you can increase your damage significantly against armored opponents by just doing what you do best: punching. To top it all off, Vi’s Blast Shield helps her survive not only big damage bursts, but also prolonged team fights.

Are you ready to slip on your gauntlets and show off your pummeling prowess? Once your opponents get a glimpse of your heavy weaponry, it’s punch or be punched.

Lore:

To Vi, every problem is just another brick wall to punch through with her gigantic hextech gauntlets. Though she grew up on the wrong side of the law, Vi now uses her criminal know-how to serve Piltover's police force. Vi's brash attitude, abrasive humor, and blatant refusal to follow orders can often infuriate her by-the-books partner, Caitlyn. But even the Sheriff of Piltover cannot deny that Vi is an invaluable asset in the fight against crime.

As a child growing up in the lawless outskirts of Piltover, Vi learned to rob and cheat to get by. Stealing and stripping hextech hardware gave her the skills of a master mechanic, while life on the streets taught her self-reliance. When she was six, a ragtag group of criminals took a shine to the young delinquent and brought her into their fold. By the time Vi was eleven, she had become a seasoned accomplice, and she relished the thrill of every heist.

Vi's attitude changed when a raid on a mining facility went bad. She was forced to decide between fleeing with her crew and trying to save the innocent mine workers from a collapsed tunnel. Vi chose to play the hero. While searching for a way to free the mine workers from the rubble, she discovered a damaged robotic mining rig. Improvising, she wrenched off its huge fists and modified them into makeshift hextech gauntlets. Fitting the heavy weapons to her tiny hands, the young girl flexed her arm and threw a powered punch at the rubble. The force of the blow blasted away the rock. With the workers free to escape, Vi fled the scene.

After that job gone wrong, Vi severed her connection to the crew. She returned to a life of solitary crime, but stole only from other criminals. As the years went by, Vi modified and improved her hextech fists, allowing her to bust up heists and snatch loot with ease. Eventually, word of her notoriety reached Caitlyn, the famed Sheriff of Piltover. Rather than seek Vi's arrest, Caitlyn offered the criminal a way to pay her debt to society: work for the law in Piltover. Vi laughed. To her, a job that let her beat up crooks without forcing her to run from the cops sounded perfect. She immediately accepted. Caitlyn now struggles to keep Vi in line, and Vi treats Caitlyn's orders as mere suggestions, but when they work together, they are feared by all lawbreakers in Piltover.

''It's a shame. I've got two fists, but you've only got one face.''
-- Vi

Vorpil
join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO

Vorpil

Got a few games in early Sat morning. Had one game as Garen where I went 8/0 top and roaming after I took down the turret while the rest of the team was a combined 3/27. At that point team fights started and the other team would just focus me. I think I picked up 1 more kill and 3 deaths while my team racked up another 20 deaths and the game mercifully ended.
Some times this game is horribly frustrating, heh.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Gettin back to it tonight.

Hoping to get 2 - 3 games in from 5 - 7 pm est.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne to Vorpil

to Vorpil
I know the feeling man....Was grouped with a 4 man pre-made as top Cho vs an AK. Was 5/0/0 before i took down my turret...roamed from then...was 8/0/2 before laning phase was pretty much over...From there the pre-made decided to troll me and threw the game. I ended 12/3/2. On top of it i got 4 reports and 5 honorable opponent tags.

Sad part is couple games prior to that i was in another 4 man premade as mid. We were cruising through the other team fairly easy...Ace'd the team, was pushing nexus turrets then the other 4 vote surrendered on me......Screw being stuck in premades....

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Only got one game in before my client went haywire and I switched to black ops.

Picked up the ziggs skin and its GREAT. He builds a snowman when he B's . The minefield is icecles. The W is a snowman. And Q is a snowball.

Won my only ziggs game. Had to play a fizz. Started bottle and 7 pots and just out sustained his ass. Didn't want to snowball him. Our Xin did a great job of ganking and we shot him down hard.

Over all looking forward to more games tonight!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

What are the season skins?

I love my christmas tree Mao.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Fiddle, Kat, Bad Santa Veigar, Snowball Ziggs.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Damn need to patch and check them out.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

More specifically, Dark Candy Fiddlesticks (he looks like a candy cane). Katarina was kind of a Christmassy outfit but not as cool as the others.

I'm disappointed that Santa Gragas isn't available. That's the one skin I want more than any other.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by footballdude:

said by f0rtys3ven:

More specifically, Dark Candy Fiddlesticks (he looks like a candy cane). Katarina was kind of a Christmassy outfit but not as cool as the others.

I'm disappointed that Santa Gragas isn't available. That's the one skin I want more than any other.

It is a pretty cool skin, but out of all the ones offered up, I would definitely jump on the Christmas Tree Maokai skin. Throwing around boxes of DOOOOOOOM reminds me of Jokey Smurf.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Put 2 games in last night. Both as lux. The first one we lost due to me getting windows updates and me being the only ranged on the team. It was a solo un ranked and we didn't get an ADC. The other team's ADC was Kayle so I think we could have won but Windows had other ideas.

I only died twice that game and was able to beast mode them away from turrets. They all disappeared and someone said go snipe baron. I walked 2 ft out of base into a 4 man grp of bruisers and died. GG. Don't listen to team mates always stay safe.

I then felt confident about my build so I went for a ranked game. We crushed it in 20 min. Jungle Twitch! We lost the lvl 1 fight 2 kills to 1 but our ADC got the kill. It was a Trist and she had 6 kills by 12 min. Every lane won due to nasty Twitch ganks.

4 - 0 on the season. Can't wait to get through 10 to see where I am at.

The game feels so much better in moderation.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Currently starting bottle, mana piece for chalice and pots.

Then moving into chalice, boots, Haunting guise.

Build death cap.

Finish the grail and mask.

Void staff.

Then w/e d u need. Or DFG if you don't need D.

Of course you can build D earlier but as lux if you are getting caught w/o flash you are dying anyway so not really much point to D. I've found that you need mad dmg/pen to deal enough dmg to justify your CD's/ mid position. You are maxed with blue/Grail for CDR.

It works best to remind the team that your CDs are long if you are the primary dmg dealer. Its best to poke poke poke until they are low.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

ok. i won't even be at a computer till sunday afternoon, and then I will dedicate my last few hours of sleep to dailies on wow.

however, if I explode and need something else... who can tell me in a VERY SIMPLE way what I need to know for the items now. I haven't played in months so I know it's all different. Instead of going boots, ward, pots for teemo top... what would I get instead? Just need basic info, please don't make a 5 hour post about every detail that changed :P (hence why I'm asking for a short version instead of reading thru 500 posts)

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

If your lane is going to suck.

Crystal Flask + pots and wards.
Then boots + starting item from before.

If you feel safe.

Boots pots wards.

Teemos tough because alot of the new stuff can be utilized by him. Decide on AP vs AD then figure it out.

If you play support first buy is a sight stone. FREE WARDS!
You can combine it with a ruby for some health. Grab a philo/pick if you need more G or head for Agis or another support item.

Philo builds into just Shyalias still.
Pick builds into some useful stuff. One has an active slow. The other has a scout ability.

There is also a chalice item with a cleanse to teammate.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

sight stone = free wards? Is that available just with starting gold only?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

1 edit

f0rtys3ven

no 700 for the stone.

Then 125 + ruby to upgrade it.