spc
uniqs
jumpingryan
join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan to m109rider

to m109rider

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Max Charge on Rocket Hub

So is the cap on overage charges back on now at $100 like I have heard, or are people still having problems?

I am looking at dumping my 4G Xplorernet Sat, and my Bell turbo Hub, and go to a Rogers only setup.....

Even if the overage charges are now $100, as long as I get low latency, and good speed, I am ok with that.

Is there anywhere in the contract that the overage cap price limit is mentioned?

Thanks

R
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by jumpingryan:

So is the cap on overage charges back on now at $100 like I have heard, or are people still having problems?

I am looking at dumping my 4G Xplorernet Sat, and my Bell turbo Hub, and go to a Rogers only setup.....

Even if the overage charges are now $100, as long as I get low latency, and good speed, I am ok with that.

Is there anywhere in the contract that the overage cap price limit is mentioned?

Thanks

R

I don't know where you heard that from, but the cap on overage charges remains unchanged. The overage cap for wireless data usage has NEVER been printed on the contract or terms of service.
effram
join:2012-11-01
Orangeville, ON

effram to jumpingryan

to jumpingryan
said by jumpingryan:

Thanks

R

The $100 cap you're probably talking about refers to cable service only. If you are planning to use more than 10GB of data in a month, don't bother with a Rocket Hub. The $10/GB overages make it cost-prohibitive.
mpetkau32379
join:2012-12-15

mpetkau32379

I have been having the same issues myself with Rogers. My last 3 bills have gone from $117 to $589. I have gone over my invoices from the last year like 3 times just to make sure and i did not receive any notification myself. I also remember calling Rogers earlier in my contract to confirm how the data scaling worked and remember him telling me that my bill will cap at $117 a month and its considered "unlimited data" (his words). I really hope that I can get in touch with the right people at Rogers to correct this situation.. preferably this Chris guy since the last 4 people i have talked to are just pretty much explaining to me how it works NOW and not listening to a word I say at all.
satfiend9
join:2011-03-29
canada

1 edit

satfiend9

mpetkau32379

CCTS .... as has been mentioned in this thread.
effram
join:2012-11-01
Orangeville, ON

effram to mpetkau32379

to mpetkau32379
said by mpetkau32379:

I have been having the same issues myself with Rogers. My last 3 bills have gone from $117 to $589. I have gone over my invoices from the last year like 3 times just to make sure and i did not receive any notification myself. I also remember calling Rogers earlier in my contract to confirm how the data scaling worked and remember him telling me that my bill will cap at $117 a month and its considered "unlimited data" (his words). I really hope that I can get in touch with the right people at Rogers to correct this situation.. preferably this Chris guy since the last 4 people i have talked to are just pretty much explaining to me how it works NOW and not listening to a word I say at all.

I had the same issue. The only thing that "saved" me was that they couldn't confirm that I had been notified of the change in billing policy.

I suggest talking to a manager via the webchat on Rogers' site. You need to click on "Contact Us" then select "Compliments & Complaints" from the "Account" drop-down menu. If you don't get anywhere with a manager then you can follow the remaining steps.

Even though I was finally able to get it resolved it really seemed like Rogers was dragging their feet on the issue. They probably wanted to get me to pay the latest 500-something bill before they credited my account. I guess I don't have to worry about paying my bill for the next 5 months now.