All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
David3941
join:2000-12-27
Kalamazoo, MI

David3941 to Warboy

to Warboy

Re: [HSI] Why the downtime in West Michigan?

No problems here. If I lose it, my son's !@#$mac will not reconnect. Funny thing is NO PROBLEM with a pc or smart phone running Android. Stupid Macs. Try a diff. DNS server for getting your address.
I have found Charters DNS servers can be flaky!

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

Just a FWIW as far as the 2 disconnects I had previously and I know you're not replying to me, David. I have NEVER used Charter's DNS, so that is/was not my problem.
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to David3941

to David3941
I also don't use Charter's DNS. I have no idea why people would, since it don't follow the rules, as in, if you go to a url that is dead, it shouldn't pop up that custom search stuff that Charter does. I want the error message.

Anyway, it wasn't a DNS issue, actually had no signal to the modem.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

What was kind of odd about my 2 disconnects is that it LOOKED like my modem was connected as all lights were on and the one was flashing, like usual.

Even upon rebooting the modem, all lights came on like normal, but no connection. The first disconnect took quite a bit longer to reconnect. Actually had to leave everything off for most of those 40 minutes I mentioned above. Second time only took a couple retries.
Warboy
join:2008-12-20
Kansas City, MO

Warboy

DNSes don't cause these issues.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

Charter says my signal is fine, but something is causing this issue. And its typically only at night.