Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The WeaseL
Premium
join:2001-12-03
Minnesota

[Cam] PowerShot A4000IS

This summer I picked up a Canon PS A4000IS to replace our Kodak Z740. Nothing is wrong with the Z740, but its a tad bulky and we wanted something smaller.

After taking some pictures with the A4000, I am beginning to have some doubts about my choice. Comparing the Canon to a similar picture I took with the Kodak, the Canon seems fuzzy. Not so much out of focus, but almost pixelated like I have zoomed too far in while looking at it on the screen. I can't say I see the same thing with pictures from the Kodak.

I normally just use the auto setting because I honestly don't know much about digital cameras. Am I expecting too much from this Canon?
--
How lucky am I to have known someone who is so hard to say good-bye to.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

Don't know anything about the specific model, but make sure there isn't a digital zoom setting turned on.

The WeaseL
Premium
Minnesota
reply to The WeaseL

Not zoomed in. Also do have the Image Stabilizer on I check that too.

Action_Man
Currently Appearing As
Premium
join:2003-07-22
England
reply to The WeaseL

It sometimes helps to post an image, so members can inspect the exif information ...

Speedy Petey

join:2008-01-19
reply to The WeaseL

No reason you should get pics like that from a Powershot. Something is off. What settings have you tried?

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB
reply to The WeaseL

Your Canon should be taking some good pics. But without image samples, we can't help much.

Ralph.

The WeaseL
Premium
Minnesota
reply to The WeaseL

downloadPictures.zip 5,158,839 bytes
Uploaded two pictures here, one from the Canon and one from the Kodak (taken last year Christmas). I tried to find ones that were similar lighting conditions.

If you want more pictures let me know, suppose it makes sense you need them to make judgement.
--
How lucky am I to have known someone who is so hard to say good-bye to.