share rss forum feed

Muffsalso
Premium
join:2010-06-30
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

[CFL] SBG6580 FIRMWARE

I still have the original firmware SBG6580-3.3.1.0-GA-09-058-NOSH. Have contacted Tech support about when they are going yo upgrade it. They keep saying that they will upgrade automatically when it becomes available. Keep loosing internet. Have no trouble with other modems, also they have replaced this one twice now and still the same. The new firmware is way overdue!!!!. Why is everybody getting the updates and we are not. Daytona Beach.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

1) Who is everybody and they are right...we update automatically

2) There are no connectivity issues with your version of software, in fact it's been very stable as these things go.

3) We roll out firmware in groups not all at once

4) Instead of demanding something and stating something "way overdue" when it isn't open a direct forums thread with just your IP so I can se whats really going on...

5) What do you mean "I have no problems with other modems"...how many modems have you had and what makes and models and when.

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Muffsalso
Premium
Daytona Beach, FL

Linksys E4200 R1and if you read all the quotes you will find many people having the same problem and it was corrected by the new firmware !!!

Muffsalso
Premium
Daytona Beach, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

COMCAST and Cox subs to name a few !!!

Muffsalso
Premium
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Muffsalso

disreguard this reply I am just waking up. I just wanted an answer about the firmware. The tech that comes to my building recommended I go to a different modem, not a gateway.And in a quote from comcast,
Re: Comcast Replacement Modem

Postposted on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:23 pm
I think the Motorola SB6120 or SB6121 are the best DOCSIS 3.0 modems around. Never had much luck with the modem/router gateway devices. Need i say more. The tech says they are having a lot of problems with the SBG6580.

JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Muffsalso

What does Comcast have to do with us? To be honest that modem has performed very well for us. So lets move on to the bigger picture...what exactly is going on right now with your modem?

Dfleiva

@mycingular.net

Hey BHNtech, got a question regarding the SBG6580 and firmware. I have the same firmware listed above. My question is regarding the port forwarding tab. On my gateway I can only map a port number that is both the same number for internal and external port. I have seen screenshots where you can map an external port to a different internal port for an ip. Is this capability present on any firmware for this modem?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Dfleiva :

Hey BHNtech, got a question regarding the SBG6580 and firmware. I have the same firmware listed above. My question is regarding the port forwarding tab. On my gateway I can only map a port number that is both the same number for internal and external port. I have seen screenshots where you can map an external port to a different internal port for an ip. Is this capability present on any firmware for this modem?

Give me a couple of hours to wrap things up on the personal side and I'll log into my SB test box and check it out as memory escapes me at the moment. Normally you can map to another port. So I know the purpose exactly what are trying to map.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Muffsalso

Okay still waiting on exactly you are trying to do...

dfleiva

@bhn.net

Oh sorry, your last post wasn't clear that you were waiting for a response from me.

I would like to map, for example, external port external ip:1234 to internal port 3389, 192.168.0.2:3389

Check the following image:

»i.imgur.com/BvE32.png

It seems that this is found on fimrware 3.5.8.x

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Muffsalso

Yes the current firmware restricts to same ports on the local side. As for the new firmware I have no timeline as to when we will push this to the devices...lots to do before that happens.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL

1 edit
reply to dfleiva

Got around that by placing the MODEM into bridge mode and configuring a separate ASUS N56U router for port forwarding. So if the update takes too long and you must have port forwarding, then perhaps this is an option to consider.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Flashfox:

Got around that by placing the MODEM into bridge mode and configuring a separate ASUS N565U router for port forwarding. So if the update takes too long and you must have port forwarding, then perhaps this is an option to consider.

Ahh a customer after my heart .....
--