spc
uniqs

que_ball
join:2004-05-11
Edmonton, AB

que_ball to MrTelusMan

to MrTelusMan

Re: High Speed 50/Optik 50 FAQs

I'm booked for the upgrade on Friday. I am on HS25 now.

Checked on my v1000h and it says:
Max: Upstream rate = 13099Kbps, Downstream rate = 80188 Kbps

My connection with all that headroom has always been rock solid.

They told me someone needs to come out so we booked an appointment time. Seems to me like they don't really need to come out at all but whatever, will be an easy call for the tech.

Not sure why they think the truck roll is required, maybe they want to upsell me to TV.

MrTelusMan
@telus.net

MrTelusMan

Anon

Thanks for the update! I have since contacted them and it is available for me as well. Install for me is this Wednesday so I'll follow up to let everyone know how it goes.

FYI I was able to request the service and book an appointment through the Live chat, which was speedy and easy.

parrelium
join:2005-07-31

parrelium to que_ball

to que_ball
I thought the same thing, but i did need the tech onsite for something. He called ahead to let me know i'd been provisioned while he was driving to my place, so I checked and was only getting 44 mbs down, and 6 up. After he re-attached the ground wire, and called back in i was up @ 53mbps down and 11 up.He was here 10 minutes in total, but i'm glad he was to make sure it was 100% on the first day.

que_ball
join:2004-05-11
Edmonton, AB

que_ball

My Maximum upstream and downstream rates have increased on the VDSL 17a profile now that I'm on HS50. So even more room to go faster in the future. Would really love that 50Mbps upload speed.

Max: Upstream rate = 52956 Kbps, Downstream rate = 142712 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 12287 Kbps, Downstream rate = 76382 Kbps

parrelium
join:2005-07-31

parrelium

Max: Upstream rate = 52956 Kbps, Downstream rate = 142712 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 12287 Kbps, Downstream rate = 76382 Kbps
parrelium

parrelium to que_ball

to que_ball
Am i doing something wrong, SSH doesnt work for me anymore. Has something changed with the actiontec firmware?

Just like to know what my line stats look like now on 17a...
WhosTheBosch
join:2009-12-02

WhosTheBosch

said by parrelium:

Am i doing something wrong, SSH doesnt work for me anymore. Has something changed with the actiontec firmware?

Just like to know what my line stats look like now on 17a...

Telus KEEPS removing any options from the Actiontech with additional firmware, so if you're on the .55 or .57 version chances are you're SOL. Telus really needs to offer a modem only option.