share rss forum feed

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Waxahachie, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

[DVR] Motorola DCX3400 Question

Hello ,
I thought I would ask my question first here in the forum, because I'm sure someone has had a similar issue before. Lately..while watching 'recorded' HD programs, I've noticed what I call video noise sometimes similar to what I used to see in the old days of playing a VHS tape (remember those ?) in a vhs recorder when the video heads were dirty and needed cleaning. As I'm NOT really sure about how the hard drive mechanism operates in the Comcast HD DVR, could part of the recording mechanism be 'dirty', and need to be cleaned ?
Thanks,
David

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

This type of noise should not be possible. Sounds like a bad DVR.

Davy49

Waxahachie, TX
reply to Davy49

Hi,
Thanks SO much for a reply..that's what I'm thinking myself..have a GREAT Day !!
David

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Davy49

What type of noise? I sometimes see little 'dropouts' like strings of missed pixels. My signals in the diagnostics are good and show no errors. There is no audio mute like there is normally when noise causes dropouts. It's real bad on Velocity here.

At the moment, I'm not certain if it's local noise, or something with the 3:1 compression Comcast is doing.

Davy49

Waxahachie, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Davy49

Dear andyross,
Thanks for your reply..like I mentioned before, I don't know if you ever had/used a v.c.r. or not..but if so, the best way for me to describe what I see sometimes on programs that we have recorded is when the video heads were 'dirty', you saw video 'noise' on the screen. I of course wish I had a image of it.
Thanks,
David