uniqs
share rss forum feed

Slipen

join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

Program that measures usage.

Anyone know of a program that can tell me how much data I use in a month? I am trying to gauge what package I need for home fusion. I need something that will count all traffic from my router (I have a laptop and xbox hooked up also). I doubt windstream has anything like this, if they do great.

Thanks

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
When I had satellite I used a program called DU meter that worked well. It is not free, but gives a 30 day free trial. Rokario Bandwidth Monitor has a free version that works good too. »www.rokario.com/products/bandmon/2-0/
I am sure there are many others that are as good or possibly better, but these are the two I have used in the past.

DawsonvilleG

join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Slipen
Get a router that is compatible with Tomato firmware and load that onto it. Tomato tracks and graphs it out at the router which is where you need to measure it. And best of all, Tomato is free. Worst of all, you have to spend sometime learning online first which only helps your knowledge. And... if you don't do your research well before you try loading Tomato, you could fry your router.

So be carefeul. Read up. And get a router you can load Tomato Firmware on.

Good luck!
--
-- DawsonvilleG

Original Post: »[Troubles] Georgia - Paying for 12mb. Getting 1.5mb..