floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Clearwire Wireless

1 edit

Does Vonage recycle phone number's???

Does Vonage hand out recycled phone number's to new customers??? The reason I ask is because I keep getting calls from phone number (206) 624-5333 that is located in Belleview,WA from a company AIM Consulting. I live south of Belleview in Kent in the same county. I don't who this Scott Harper is at all. I don't own a personal business. I work at the Wal-Mart Supercenter part time in Auburn, WA.

Oct 25:
Hello this message is for Scott Harper. My name is Daniel Paul and. I'm calling in reference to your personal business. It's very important that you return my call as soon as possible. Today is Thursday, October 25. You can reach me at 1-800-846-6406 and my extension is 5032. Thank you

Oct 26:
This message is for Scott Harper. My name is Daniel Baldy and I'm calling in reference to your personal business it's a very important that you return my call as soon as possible. Today is Friday, October 26. You can reach me at 1-800-846-6406 and my extension is 5032. Thank you

Nov 1:
Hello, this call is for Scott. Scott this is Phil Hardcastle calling with an consultant here in Bellview. I came across your internal data base here and it's actually been quite a while since anybody has reached out to you in touch with us since 2008 and I just wanted to call and check in on you and see what you been up to here the last few years and to see if you might be able to help me out. We are currently putting together a team here and that I one of the positions that needed to be strong active directory sectors such as engineering you definitely seem to have the inside of it covered here and I would love to talk to you more about kinda what you've been up to and see if you might have a colleague or somebody you know about that I might be looking around for any project. If you could please give me a call, 266245333 and again this is Phil Hardcastle with a consultant. Be good to chat with you. Thank you sir. Have a good day

Nov 9:
Hello this message is for Scott Harper. My name is Daniel Baldy. And I'm calling in reference to your personal business. It's very important that you return my call as soon as possible. Today is Friday, November 9. You can reach me at 1-800-846-6406 ext. 5032. Thank you

Dec 3:
Hey Scott, this is Phil Hardcastle and consulting. Hey I just wanted to call check in on you and see how the job search was going and I give you an update on my end as well. Unfortunately I have not had anything come through that you're going to be that way mix for you but just wanted you to know that I was still out there looking for you and still trying to draw up something good for everybody. So if you wanna make some things. So if you get a chance gimme a call back 2066245233700. Christine is well and just make sure that we hear each other better. So hope all is well. I'll talk to you soon. Take care sir. Bye

Please won't somebody please tell me how to block (206) 624-5333

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Yes, as do all other phone companies. It is also possible the company that keeps calling you got the number wrong. Have you tried answering and telling them that?

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to floydb1982
Vonage and all other phone companies do indeed recycle telephone numbers when a customer cancels service. Seriously, we would have run out of phone numbers early in the 20th century if that were not done.

As for blocking a specific telephone number, Vonage has never offered that service. And even if they did offer it, it would probably work similarly to the way that number blocking works with my AT&T cellphone; blocked calls are not really blocked, they are just automatically sent to voice mail, so you would still get the voice mail messages.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to floydb1982
Simple Google search would have told you that 1-800-846-6406 is a collection agency and (206) 624-5333 is a job search agency.

Obviously that Harper guy used to have your phone number.

Of COURSE phone numbers are recycled. They are in short enough supply already.

If someone calls looking for Harper, tell them that you just got the phone number, and you have nothing to do with him....

Of course the collection agency will pester you for a while. Tell them to stop calling you or you will report them to the FTC.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
Never had trouble with real collection agencies. just say you recently got the number assigned to you and there is no person by that name here.
Heck even call back the common numbers and let them know.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to floydb1982
Depends on the collection agency. I had that situation a couple years ago and when I told them I have no idea who's the person they are looking for, the guy got very angry and rude and told me to stop lying.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

As for blocking a specific telephone number, Vonage has never offered that service.

... and this is exactly why I will be leaving Vonage this month. Vonage has known FOR YEARS that this is the #1 desired service of their customers and has yet to implement it, or to even announce plans to implement it.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Yes,
Blocking specific numbers would be cool as heck, but I'd hate it even more if all it did was forward that to my voice mail!

Hardly a reason to leave Vonage as very few other phone company's do it though, IMO.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by cork1958:

Hardly a reason to leave Vonage as very few other phone company's do it though, IMO.

This is available from many VoIP companies such as Voipo, CallCentric, Voip.MS, and others.

fatmanskinny
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

As for blocking a specific telephone number, Vonage has never offered that service. And even if they did offer it, it would probably work similarly to the way that number blocking works with my AT&T cellphone; blocked calls are not really blocked, they are just automatically sent to voice mail, so you would still get the voice mail messages.

Comcast's Xfinity Phone service offers call blocking. It doesn't go to your voice mail. The caller receives a message indicating the their call has been blocked.
--
A citizen of The United States of Amnesia. How quickly we forget.