Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to KA0OUV

Re: Garage door opener receiver problem

said by KA0OUV:

Does the keypad still work? Is it wireless? Do the OEM remotes still work?

The remote keypad is wireless and is on the door frame of the garage door on the outside. It worked earlier yesterday afternoon, but seems to now to also not be working.

As for CFLs, I extinguished one nearby CFL and the tubular fluorescent lights in the garage as part of my diagnostics with no effect. The door itself has a rugged-duty incandescent bulb in it.

No close by military installations. Well, Dobbins AFB is a couple of miles away. But again, one door works, not the other.

I'm going to get started today. I work in a home office so can mess with it some during down time to try the antenna re-route and relearn remotes. But I'm just about convinced that its the logic board. Will report back later on results.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

netboy34
Premium
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA
kudos:1

My parents' Genie receiver board died last year... more expensive to replace the board than to buy this little guy...

»www.amazon.com/Genie-GIRUD-1T-Un···e+36359R

It is marketed to take old dip-switch openers and upgrade them to rolling code but works great as a replacement. just a thought if none of the troubleshooting works