Search similar:

uniqs
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

joejoejeo

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Also to save battery power on the remote and to find out the battery level of the remote in the settings menu put the xr2 in rf mode which can be activated by pressing and holding the setup menu until the 'all power' button changes from red to green. Then press the Xfinity button up to 5 times. Then the remote control pairing screen is displayed enter the code. If the remote control pairing menu does not show up then the box you're using does not support rf
joejoejeo

joejoejeo

Don't know if I'm going to be charges extra for having this box but will not inquire about that unless the bill indicates that I am so that they don't have any outside factors aka me to charge me more
joejoejeo

joejoejeo

Would anybody to reply to or have any questions for me about getting x1 dvr without upgrading to double or triple play
novanosis
join:2011-02-21

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
X1 launches in Keystone scheduled for October 30 have been postponed until early January.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by novanosis:

X1 launches in Keystone scheduled for October 30 have been postponed until early January.

Is that due to the recently reported shortage of X1 boxes?
novanosis

novanosis

Yes sir.
said by telcodad:

said by novanosis:

Is that due to the recently reported shortage of X1 boxes?

novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
The Arris XG1 will have the blue power light and will also come with a 500gb HD.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by novanosis:

The Arris XG1 will have the blue power light and will also come with a 500gb HD.

Is ARRIS shipping these to Comcast now? If not yet, do you know when they will start?
novanosis

1 edit

novanosis

said by telcodad:

said by novanosis:

Is ARRIS shipping these to Comcast now? If not yet, do you know when they will start?

said by telcodad:

said by novanosis:

I don't see a date but I'm sure very soon as the shortage is pretty much nation wide.

The Xi3 have also surfaced and will be made by Humax, pace and technicolor .

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

ARRIS XG1
said by novanosis:

said by telcodad:

said by novanosis:

I don't see a date but I'm sure very soon as the shortage is pretty much nation wide.

OK, thanks. According this ARRIS press release from last June, they were supposed to launch it during 3Q2013, so it looks like they're running a bit behind schedule: »phx.corporate-ir.net/pho ··· =1828537

Also, the above (small, low-res) picture is the only one I can find of it, taken from the bottom of this page on the Comcast Support site: »idhelp.comcast.net/help- ··· aller-id
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Click for full size

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to novanosis

MVM

to novanosis
They should of used Active Video Networks Cloud TV application to deploy X1 on the millions of already deployed Motorola and SA/Cisco set top boxes already out in the field.

Instead they back themselves into a corner with suppliers who can't meet deadlines and millions of set tops that can't run the latest OS.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo to telcodad

to telcodad
Arris's Motorola department told me that they want to wait until the software of the x1 and there firmware are.good enough that people can't blame the x1 software issues as box problems
joejoejeo

joejoejeo

Is there any easter eggs or hidden things I should know about in the x1 software

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to cypherstream

MVM

to cypherstream
said by cypherstream:

They should of used Active Video Networks Cloud TV application to deploy X1 on the millions of already deployed Motorola and SA/Cisco set top boxes already out in the field.

I guess you are referencing this old post about running the X1 UI (aka "OSG 3.0") on older STBs: »Re: [X1] The New X2 - The "Evolution" of the X1

Yeah, that might have been OK to do if the X1 platform was a Network DVR system from the start (like the new Xi3 box for X2) that used the "cloud" to do everything, instead of needing 6 built-in tuners and an internal hard drive to function, as originally designed.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459 to joejoejeo

Premium Member

to joejoejeo
said by joejoejeo:

Arris's Motorola department told me that they want to wait until the software of the x1 and there firmware are.good enough that people can't blame the x1 software issues as box problems

How did you get them to comment on unreleased hardware for an MSO? Do you know someone that works for ARRIS-Motorola?
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

No they said they have it for release but they are holding it
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by joejoejeo:

No they said they have it for release but they are holding it

I think you missed my point in my last post, I'm asking for your source... how do you know this? Do you know someone who works at Motorola?
It would be good to have some kind of semi-official word on it, so I can update the X1 FAQ accordingly.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

i said earlier that the Arris's Motorola department told me. i should have been more specific and told you that i was chatting with Arris's Motorola department for about 60 minutes when they told this info. they transferred to their manager before i got the info. the url of their chat is »moto.force.com/consumers ··· ChatPage
joejoejeo

joejoejeo

I have not had any problems with the x1 DVR exept for the recording light stays on after recordings sometimes, and some lag here and there, but the lag is tolerable and the lag is not terribly laggy ether. other than that i have no problems right now, but i will keep you updated if i have any more bugs
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Click for full size

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

Looks like this X1 box shortage is now impacting its availability in the Freedom Region, as it's back to only being offered to new Triple-Play customers here once again:

Source: Comcast X1 Upgrades Only Being Made Available To New Triple-Play Customers
By Chris Morran, The Consumerist - October 10, 2013
»consumerist.com/2013/10/ ··· stomers/

EDIT: Karl has a DSLR News item on this now: »Comcast Faces New X1 Set Top Shortages [7] comments

EDIT2: The MCN site also has an article about this today:

Comcast Says X1 Box Distribution Limitations Are Temporary, Isolated
MSO Says It’s Looking To Boost Supply As It Continues to Manage Inventory In High-Demand Markets

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - October 11, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· d/146032

FYI - Karl has posted a follow-up article on the X1 box shortage: »Source: Pace Set Top Issues to Blame for Comcast X1 Shortage [18] comments
quote:
A source familiar with Comcast's set top upgrade plans has given me a little more detail on what's causing the backlog ... "The X1 hardware was manufactured by two companies, Motorola and Pace," notes the source. "Pace's equipment has not been passing QC tests, and that has created a massive shortage (in some areas)," they say. "We actually stopped issuing X1 altogether, and we stopped all media advertising."
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

2 edits

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

Yikes, just when you think maybe Pace has improved. They used to be a second string vendor (easily worse than Moto and SA/Cisco) of cable equipment that was to be avoided, my experience with the RNG 110 seemed to show that it was turning around, but maybe not quite as much as I'd hoped.

It's funny that Comcast isn't pushing Moto to deliver their XG1 ASAP. Though it seems from the chat joejoejeo had with ARRIS, that Moto is not happy with the X1 platform currently and don't want their name associated with the X1 product just yet.

Glad I decided to wait a bit longer on getting X1, I've been stalling to see how the Moto hardware does, and to see how the new Xi3 and XG5 equipment shapes up.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

joejoejeo

Yes that's what I mean but it is not moto anymore it is arris also it seems that I was able to get x1 without double or triple play and nobody from.Comcast has said anything about me.not having x1 without double or triple play even though I asked 3 people at 3 separate times to tell me what cable device including model number I has. And they told me correctly what device manufacturer and model number it was. So I don't if if it is that they dont know the model number is x1, dont care that I have the x1 box, do care but don't want to report me, or what would me the reason. Of anybody has any better answer please reoly

Also I have not had any of the problems other people have been reporting except for the lagging and the recording light staying on after recording.
joejoejeo

1 edit

joejoejeo to SpHeRe31459

to SpHeRe31459
Alsotge XG5 is suppose to be released in the late part of the 1q of 2014 and the xi3 is suppose to be released in the 2q of 2014
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7 to SpHeRe31459

to SpHeRe31459
Arris has had bad issues with releasing whole home products too early in the past. If they release this too early, before all the bugs are worked out, it will show that they aren't capable of producing quality equipment, and as an emerging vendor for premises video equipment they cannot afford to blow their chance with Comcast.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

joejoejeo

But they are now a different company with the aquasition of Motorola's broadband department. And are using the Motorola philosophy to release the Arris XG1 because before arris bought Motorola's broadband department and Motorola already announced it was going to release a X1 dvr aka the XG1 dvr

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Yeah that post from Novasis makes it look like Motorola like a DCX of some sort. The stylized M is on there too, despite them getting the Arris name.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

That was a rendering before they added the Arri's logo and removed the Motorola logo if you read my previous post it would help answer your q
joejoejeo

1 edit

joejoejeo to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
If there was a feedback button or feedback thing and a report a user reported bug report feature, because there is already a automatic bug report feature that does not interact with the user, built into x1 guide then it would help dramatically Like when a ui feature crashes or slows down it could popup saying do you wanna report this to Comcast.