SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by gate1975mlm:

Thank you

FYI that number is in the X1 FAQ here at DSLReports/BroadbandReports.
»Comcast Cable TV FAQ »All about X1

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
Just got the Update this morning to 4928 ! not sure why it took longer but i hope this fix the slowness !

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

An article on the MCN site today, about Comcast testing a new, web-browser-based, IP video service that runs off the X1 platform, targeted to college students:

Comcast Tests IP Video Service Targeted To Universities
Set-Top-Free ‘Xfinity On Campus’ Service Debuts At Boston’s Emerson College

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - November 8, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· s/146562

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Interesting.

I'll put another notch in the belt of my theory they'll eventually use IPTV to send us new channels over the X1 and that's why they abandoned using the open QAM spaces here for new HD.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I know I don't have Comcast anymore but have family that does. So when will x1 rollout resume?
Is the target for full deployment end of December or has it been pushed back?

mrsandman
@comcast.net

mrsandman

Anon

My X1 companion boxes are definitely faster since first getting them a few months ago...but they are still slow to an unacceptable level

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Latest Build - SOLID

The latest build has been really solid. No issues since.

And yes Sandman - while the HD boxes are slower than the DVR - they do seem to get a bit snappier w/ every build.

Only question to the board - do you ever find in the morning that your box was reset to Channel 2?

It happens quite randomly here - I'll turn on the TV and be like - yeesh - the PQ looks crappy. Then I realize it's the Weather Channel in SD and the box automatically tuned to it overnight.
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

said by SeattleMatt:

And yes Sandman - while the HD boxes are slower than the DVR - they do seem to get a bit snappier w/ every build.

Only question to the board - do you ever find in the morning that your box was reset to Channel 2?

It happens quite randomly here - I'll turn on the TV and be like - yeesh - the PQ looks crappy. Then I realize it's the Weather Channel in SD and the box automatically tuned to it overnight.

I have noticed the HD boxes resetting to channel 2 on occasion. Never really gave much thought to it til seeing your post. Haven't seen the issue with the DVR in my bedroom though.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Time Bar When Watching DVR'd Show

This week have a new bug - say I recorded a show, it's an hour long (60 minutes).

While watching it, the time bar along the bottom of the screen will say at the end like:

3610241234hrs 15minutes

If i'm 15 minutes into the show. Tried resetting the DVR to see if it would help, but no dice. So right now you have no "bar" showing you how far you are into the recorded program because it thinks it's like 7 weeks long.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

This should be fixed next week according to Comcast guys from the Comcast forums.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Thanks Gate.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt

Re: Latest Build - SOLID

said by SeattleMatt:

I thought it did auto HD? So if 2 is Weather, surely Comcast carries Weather in HD... wouldn't it show in HD?

Or is it doing an EAS test in the middle of the night, and they use the Weather SD feed for the EAS overlay and force tune but it never tunes back?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Cypher-
It must be something overnight. Because yes - X1 does autotune to HD if available. I had to turn if off yesterday to see the new Weather Channel local forecast graphics.

My HD box again this morning turned on to Channel 2.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

Gave up watching The weather channel due to it auto tuning to the HD channel but also turned it off to check it out ! Kind of cool but no voice over anymore !
mariod
join:2009-06-16

mariod to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Is multi-room DVR enabled on the X1 platform yet?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Yes, it has been for awhile now.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to mariod

MVM

to mariod
said by mariod:

Is multi-room DVR enabled on the X1 platform yet?

said by SeattleMatt:

Yes, it has been for awhile now.

Right, that X1 feature was released back in June.

An "X1 DVR with AnyRoom Functionality" FAQs can be seen in the Comcast Support forum here: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· 5#M77276

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

For some reason for like the last few weeks when watching a On Demand shows and even DVR recordings after stopping them and then going back to watch it even just 1 minutes later there is no option to resume playback and instead you have to restart it from the very beginning

Anyone else having this issue?
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

Yes and no when the ondemand is pausing or stopping them it has an option to watch on demand and that will resume it. Same goes for the DVR recordings but the button text says watch on DVR. There is no resume button I am.assuming because of repetitiveness
mariod
join:2009-06-16

mariod to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Thanks guys, I followed for a while, but stopped following this thread. Got the impression multi-room was up but wanted to make sure. So it seems like all the really buggy stuff is out of the way now, and maybe its time to make the switch without feeling like a lab rat?
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Any update on the shortage and when they will let customers order again?
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by Zoder:

Any update on the shortage and when they will let customers order again?

Pretty sure they need ARRIS/Motorola's XG1 to start shipping so they can have a second vendor of hardware. It supposed to be early next year for the Moto boxes when last we heard.

rej4sl
join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

rej4sl to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Last night around 3.19 I turned the t.v. on to check if a show had been recording and got a message, do you want to restart the box now, or later. Chose now and it took ages and got an error message. we had an outage in our area.

GOT up and we have a new version 1.35.04 (build 5015) which is a big leap from our old build. Wonder what happened. The ST time stamp is still October 21st.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Rej4sl-
Yeah, got the 5015 update here as well on the XRE Server in Wilmington.

This updated my DVR and 2 HD boxes.

I agree - this was the biggest "jump" I think we've seen between builds.

anonnamehere
@comcast.net

anonnamehere

Anon

I work day/evenings, so nights are when I watch TV...Ever since I got X1 everyday around 3AM ish I get the message saying do you want to restart your box now or later? Obviously I choose later since restarting the box takes a good 15 minutes at least for some reason. Then I'll get the message again 15-20 min and again I'll click no...But then sometimes the box just randomly restarts itself at night when it feels like it....Any1 else have this problem, it is seriously disrupting the only time I have to watch TV

rej4sl
join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

1 recommendation

rej4sl

Wow on a bad day our X1 box taes 2-3 minutes to restart.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

X2 Preview is Back!

»[X1-X2] It's back

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

said by rej4sl:

... we have a new version 1.35.04 (build 5015) which is a big leap from our old build. Wonder what happened. The ST time stamp is still October 21st.

said by SeattleMatt:

Yeah, got the 5015 update here as well on the XRE Server in Wilmington.

I agree - this was the biggest "jump" I think we've seen between builds.

Looks like this "jump" was probably from getting the latest X2 UI "sneak peek" built into it all polished and ready for it's semi-public unveiling yesterday »[X1-X2] It's back

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Surprised it happened the day before T'giving - but XRE Build 5025 pushed out overnight on my X2 preview...