All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« [Content] Picture Quality(topic move) RCA TV's »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 50 · 51 · 52 · 53 · 54 · 55 · 56 ... 60 · 61 · 62 · next

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN
reply to Gerard1234

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Also why you don't see it as preview anymore is that they discontinued the ability to go back to x1 because they disabled the way to get the x2 preview guide because they have disconnected the x2 preview guide. If anybody has x2 preview guide on the latest build it means they will get the release version x2 guide without having to enable it in the settings.

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to gate1975mlm

We have lost the word preview on the Preferences screen. But it is on the About screen in small letters at the top. We can use the remote to go back to X1 and then it says current. We have the January 2014 for the server, and December 2013 for the set top box.

BellevueBob

join:2013-10-12
Bellevue, WA
reply to gate1975mlm

Received the new interface this morning. Any idea if any of my three personal X1 interface deficiencies will make it into the final release:

1. Program reminders (like from the old pre-X1 system)
2. "Sticky" Guide filters (saving extra clicks)
3. Multiple "favorite" lists

Some of you seem pretty plugged in to Comcast. I wonder why they don't make official feature announcements.

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Waxahachie, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gate1975mlm

Hi joejoejeo,
The guides on our three X1 boxes (1-X1 DVR & 2- X1 Companion Boxe's) all say 'preview', I'm thinking that I should have just waited for the 'real' X2 final release, instead of loading the X2 preview software. Of course my wife likes the X2 guide better than X1..she can see it better from across the room (she and myself are both getting older of course).
David

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

Davy-
You'll be fine! It's now time to just sit back and wait n' see what happens.

Anyone that has X2 right now shows "Preview" when viewing the About tab. Now if that changes tomorrow - that's the big mystery!

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Waxahachie, TX
reply to gate1975mlm

Hi JeepMatt,
Thanks for the info.,the way I see it..the Xfinity X platform will 'hopefully' just keep getting better & better.
David

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6
reply to SpHeRe31459

On today’s 4Q2013 earnings call, Comcast's Neil Smit said that X2 will become available to all X1 subscribers at the month’s end, so that also appears to support the January 29th date.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

said by telcodad:

FYI - The latest X1 and X2 status/news from Comcast's quarterly earnings call this morning:
:
Smit: Comcast could grow Xfinity footprint by licensing X1 to fellow cable MSOs
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - October 30, 2013
»www.fiercecable.com/story/smit-c···13-10-30

More progress being made on licensing the X1 platform to other cable MSOs, from today's quarterly earnings call:

Comcast, Cox In X1 Licensing Talks
Cox Says It’s Evaluating X1 As MSO Investigates Direction Of Next-Generation Video Services

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - January 28, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/distributio···s/147949

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

On today's 4Q2013 earnings call, Comcast's Neil Smit said that X2 will become available to all X1 subscribers by the month's end, so that also appears to support the January 29th date.

Also from an article on the Light Reading site today (»www.lightreading.com/earnings-re···d/707459 ):
quote:
As part of the video turnaround strategy, Comcast is counting heavily on its next-gen IP video platform, X1. With the cloud-based programming guide and user interface now rolled out throughout its footprint, the MSO is accelerating plans to offer X1 and later versions to more than half its video customers over the next few years. Currently, X1's availability is limited to triple-play subscribers and a few double-play subscribers.

"We're very pleased with the early customer feedback" on X1, Comcast vice chairman and CFO Michael Angelakis said during the call. Citing various company metrics, he and Smit said X1 subscribers are purchasing notably more video-on-demand titles and watching more on-demand programming than other video customers. They are signing up for DVR service and triple-play bundles more frequently than other video subs, and they are cutting the video cord less often.

Comcast officials are also speeding up plans to upgrade the growing X1 customer base to the more advanced X2 guide through a software download. Smit said all X1 customers will soon receive the software upgrade to X2, which enables more personalized search and navigation capabilities.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

FYI - See my post over on this thread for the latest X2 deployment news: »Re: [X1-X2] X2 deployment news

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

But the official launch of the x2 guide is tomorrow, but it could not be deployed to every x1 sub at that time

grod46

join:2012-11-25
Firebaugh, CA

1 edit
reply to gate1975mlm

Hey guys just wanted to note that there is a new app on my X1 DVR called Movie Night Beta but it doesn't want to load for me.

grod46

join:2012-11-25
Firebaugh, CA

Click for full size
said by grod46:

Hey guys just wanted to note that there is a new app on my X1 DVR called Movie Night Beta but it doesn't want to load for me.

Well after restarting my STB i tried to launch it again and this is what i got, seems interesting

BigBearsFan

join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

After restarting my box I tried it on my phone.It caught my interest,I think it will be a catchy little way to break the ice when looking for a family movie. Different from on demand family movie.Pretty quick in recommending movies.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to joejoejeo

Have the Movie Night app on the DVR here as well - but didn't try the whole "log in" thing.

In X2 news -
I'm suing JoeJoeJoe!!! It's 1/29 and I don't have the update!

Honestly - didn't expect to wake up to anything.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

If you don't have it it does not mean anything because it is the day when they officially release the x2 guide, not exactly the day you would get the x2 guide though.

psdstu

join:2013-04-05
Marianna, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

I am trying to figure out if I have the X-1, or X-2 version of the Guide?

At the top of the About Screen I see "Current".

1/22/14 Server version, Dec 2013 STB.

Thanks

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

My guide when it is says current in about tab is the X1 version and if it says preview is the X2 version - X2 is black and white colorings, while X1 is more gray.

psdstu

Marianna, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

How can I switch back and forth between the 2 guide versions?

psdstu

Marianna, FL

I figured out how to switch between the 2 guide versions.

I have not been able to figure out how to get to the Mini guide using X2 Preview Guide....any ideas?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

1 edit

Lesson Learned

Hope everyone here learned a lesson with all of this.

Unless your "source" is the actual Release Manager (which I am by profession) - no one knows the real launch date of something in Technology.

I was burned 57 times as a FIOS TV customer when someone would "leak" dates only to then have everyone running with pitchforks when it didn't happen.

JoeJoeJoe- no, I'm not ripping you or anything - or trying to be an a-hole - as we all love to hear date rumors - but this shows how many different whispers you can hear.

I can't tell you how many times I'd get asked why a banking enhancement wasn't live yet. And I'm always like - "well who told you it would be? Well, I heard it from someone via an email."

A piece of me thinks nothing will happen until next week after the Super Bowl. I don't think they'd want a software update screwin' the pooch on all the parties Sunday night if something went awry.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

What I am wondering is when X2 is finally launched will it have any new features other then what the preview version of X2 already has?

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by gate1975mlm:

What I am wondering is when X2 is finally launched will it have any new features other then what the preview version of X2 already has?

I believe the new features provided by the full X2 release will be what joejoejeo See Profile provided in this previous post of his: »Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

psdstu

Marianna, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

I was wondering if anyone has the "Screen Saver" working while in the X2 Preview Mode of the Guide?

My Screen Saver is set for 5 minutes but does not work in the X2 Preview Mode, but it does work in the X1 Current Mode.

Just wondering if I am the only one with this issue?

Thanks

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
Reviews:
·Comcast
·WOW Internet and..

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt

Re: Lesson Learned

Click for full size
X2 works here since just before yesterday. Maybe it is because we have the wireless gateway2 which is a MOCA it think they call it the headless gateway or something. It is also a dual channel 2.4ghz and 5 ghz device with excellent range I can see it with the lap top all the way down the block. It is like they super powered the range. Oh the box on the left is a Samknows device and the one on the right is a RIPE ATLAS.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to gate1975mlm

there is a new version of the user guide for x1 which is accessible here »cim-cim-images.cdn2.comcast.net/···0114.pdf and was updated this year

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

1 edit

also they told me today that, "It will be nationally launched January 31st." and that "X2 guide will be released January 31 through February 3." and that, "The X2 guide was finalized on the 29th."

CaptainVidJW

join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX
reply to Gerard1234

Re: Lesson Learned

said by Gerard1234:

X2 works here since just before yesterday. Maybe it is because we have the wireless gateway2 which is a MOCA it think they call it the headless gateway or something.

Your cable modem/gateway does not interact with the set-top boxes.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03

When I rebooted it the T.V.'s went out they came on after the thing rebooted.

CaptainVidJW

join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX

The STB's all have integrated cable modems in them.

I think some of the Comcast insiders can verify this.