Search similar:

uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to SteveISU

to SteveISU

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

You have to be in the same area code unfortunately. Like If I move to pennsylvania I can't take my 304 number with me unfortunately. Cell phones don't matter as you would just change the address but landlines it's different.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by SteveISU:

Just found out Comcast said I can't port my land line number. Claimed it's because I'm moving to an area with a different call center/rate center? I'm moving 25 minutes north (18 Miles) and yes it's a different area code, but that's not considered Local?

That sounded crazy to me, as I thought these days just about any number can be ported, but there's a recent thread on the Comcast Support forum about a similar porting issue: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Vo ··· /1689887

said by mikedz4:

You have to be in the same area code unfortunately. Like If I move to pennsylvania I can't take my 304 number with me unfortunately. Cell phones don't matter as you would just change the address but landlines it's different.

OK, I was thinking of Wireless Number Portability (WNP), which is less restrictive than landline Local Number Portabililty (LNP).

See: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo ··· tability
SteveISU
join:2013-06-25
Bartlett, IL

SteveISU to mikedz4

to mikedz4
Yeah but I'm staying in the same state 20 min away, I wouldn't even think that was possible from state to state.

Demente
@comcast.net

Demente to telcodad

Anon

to telcodad
Just downloaded the new software, the only chance I see so far is when you select an on demand show you have it saved it will give you the resume option first instead of restart, witch it was an issue for me cos many times I select restart by mistake.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Anyroom

Ok, so I called in again - talked to a pretty nice guy. He said my 2 HD boxes were still coded incorrectly. Called me back 10 minutes later - said we were good to go, and he was going to refresh the DVR.

I saw it reboot, now 4 hours later still nothing.

Seriously, if anyone on here reading this thread either knows how, or has friends w/ Comcast that know how the fuck to make this work, please let me know. This is beyond ridiculous.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

In the hartland region (indiana region with in the hartland region. most spesifically the Bloomington area which normally gets most of its guide software and hardware firmware and hardware and channels (not the channel number) at the same time as Indianapolis) we do not have an estimate ether. but in the Chicago and Chicagoland area in Indiana got x1 a week or so ago so they could be in a different region than were i am
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: Anyroom

Jeep matt,
Any X1 customer changing to X1 anyroom needs a truck roll to have the filter put on.
A friend of mine had the same issue, after the tech visit it is all set.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by aguiar0016:

Jeep matt,
Any X1 customer changing to X1 anyroom needs a truck roll to have the filter put on.
A friend of mine had the same issue, after the tech visit it is all set.

That's stange, as the MoCA PoE filter is part of the X1 installation procedure: »Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

I guess some areas/techs don't do that?
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

In my area they were not installing filters. Every area must be different.
novanosis
join:2011-02-21

novanosis to telcodad

to telcodad
If its a stand alone x1 DVR then no need. More than one X1 box they add a mocha.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I have a MOCA filter on my line already...
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

Jeep matt,

What does the diagnostic screen show under Moca on the dvr?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Some good info and Q&As on the X1 and X2 platforms in this article today:

EXCLUSIVE: Cape Cod TODAY's readers talk to Comcast's Marc Goodman about the new X1 Platform
New Customizable Dashboard, Uber-personalization, Integrated Multiplatform Content and Social Integration, more...

By Walter Brooks, Cape Cod Today - June 28, 2013
»www.capecodtoday.com/art ··· platform

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to SteveISU

to SteveISU
said by SteveISU:

Just found out Comcast said I can't port my land line number. Claimed it's because I'm moving to an area with a different call center/rate center? I'm moving 25 minutes north (18 Miles) and yes it's a different area code, but that's not considered Local?

Sounds about right due to the e911 situation. The number you have may have a different area code then the area your moving to (maybe?) I know my mom is looking to move out of state and wants to port her number, but found out she can't.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to aguiar0016

Premium Member

to aguiar0016

said by aguiar0016:

Jeep matt,

What does the diagnostic screen show under Moca on the dvr?

Ag-
For both items it shows "Disabled". Then, when you click over to Page 2, the screen is all blank.

It's as if whatever is supposed to Enable it on the DVR isn't happening.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I definitely think that's the cause of why nothing is working. Can you post a pic of the coaxial splitters being used? Perhaps they aren't able to pass the MoCA signals to each other. Could be they forgot to activate the MoCA on the boxes as well, or maybe the splitters are the reason why the MoCA deactivated itself.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Mike-
I'll take some later today.

It's definitely not the splitters - as they worked fine w/ the FIOS MOCA network.

The fact that the network isn't getting enabled on the DVR is my 1st point to correct - however I go about doing that.
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

It does sound like the account isn't set up properly. If the coding was correct it should show enabled or active (whatever wording is used).

rwycoff
join:2006-07-15
Bellaire, TX

rwycoff to aguiar0016

to aguiar0016
said by aguiar0016:

In my area they were not installing filters. Every area must be different.

In Houston, my friend got the filter because he wanted Anyroom but I didn't get it because I didn't ask for anyroom (I guess?).

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

Are any of you using Anyroom DVR with just the X1 DVR boxes And how much are you paying for it per month? Would love a screen shot of what he anyroom looks like on your X1 UI.
novanosis
join:2011-02-21

novanosis

said by gate1975mlm:

Are any of you using Anyroom DVR with just the X1 DVR boxes And how much are you paying for it per month? Would love a screen shot of what he anyroom looks like on your X1 UI.

The UI is the same, when you go to recordings it will just populate all the recordings from all the boxes. It won't put them in their own tabs either.
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
How a customer with X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) who has more than one XG1 hub in their home can set the default DVR on the RNG150N (companion) device to stream recorded content from the hub. This process tells the RNG150N which XG1 to access recordings from.

Select the Default XG1 Hub
From the Main Menu, use the remote to navigate to Settings. Press the OK button on the remote.

Highlight Preferences. Press the OK button on the remote to select it.

Scroll over to General. Press the OK button on the remote.

Highlight and select Default DVR. Press the OK button on the remote.

Choose and highlight the default DVR (XG1 Device) from the list. Press the OK button on the remote.

rwycoff
join:2006-07-15
Bellaire, TX

rwycoff to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Click for full size
said by gate1975mlm:

I don't have AnyRoom but here is what Comcast wants for AnyRoom in Houston from current customers - $244/mo.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Update

Well, apparently National support was working my ticket today...

Turns out (as suspected) my DVR still had the Anyroom codes on it for the I-Guide, not for the X1.

The tech and I were laughing - he goes "you know more than probably 99% of the customer base does". I agreed.

However, the refresh tool is currently down - so he can't push out the authorization updates immediately. So, I'll just have to keep checking over the next 24hrs. Hopefully this is the last piece of the puzzle.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SeattleMatt:

The tech and I were laughing - he goes "you know more than probably 99% of the customer base does". I agreed.

Ah yes, as I've said before - the power of the DSLR forums!
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to rwycoff

to rwycoff

said by rwycoff:

I don't have AnyRoom but here is what Comcast wants for AnyRoom in Houston from current customers - $244/mo.

That is ONLY if you want the "Complete" XF X3 play pkg; you do NOT have to go ALL the way up there, just to add AnyRoom DVR to any X3 pkg.

While YMMV may vary in Houston, in most places, AnyRoom DVR is an additional $11 for the 1st DVR on your primary outlet, (which would normally be $8 for the single-room DVR) then each secondary box that works off the DVR, is the normal $10 A/O fee. (THAT'S why the Complete pkg IS so expensive, since it already includes boxes for 4 rooms... )

If you want an additional (X1) AR-DVR, it would still be $11, PLUS your normal A/O fee (usually around $10) - which will make it around $21.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: Update

said by SeattleMatt:

And people have said that same thing about cable cards where most of techs have no clue about them.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to rwycoff

to rwycoff

A filter is really needed in areas where MoCA is in use because not only keeps other peoples signals from leaking into yours and causing interference, but it also reflects the signal back into your network the same way a terminator works to prevent signal loss.
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Mike-
I'll take some later today.

It's definitely not the splitters - as they worked fine w/ the FIOS MOCA network.

The fact that the network isn't getting enabled on the DVR is my 1st point to correct - however I go about doing that.

looking forward to those pics.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Update #2 - FINALLY!

Just woke up - gave the DVR a reboot.

Checked the MOCA Diagnostics - now Enabled / Link Up (I almost fainted).

Went to the bedroom HD box - Anyroom now working!!! Streamed some of the devastating 2-2 Philly tie in MLS yesterday (I was at the game - God we need a real goalie).

Kudos to Matt at the National Repair team for saving the day! (Must be the name)

Mike Wolf - I have a standard 4-way splitter in the basement - and then the MOCA filter is outside of the house where the initial drop comes in.