Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Updates coming over the next week.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-upda···/2107648

SpHeRe31459

join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
reply to gate1975mlm

Has the shortage of X1 DVRs finally been alleviated? I'm curious to know what people are getting now (i.e. Arris boxes, newer revisions of the Pace).

Also does anyone know how close we are to the proper launch of the Xi3 client boxes? There's been some leaked info about it since late last year, I'd really prefer to get an Xi3 for my secondary TV, since it's much faster than the RNG150N.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8
reply to JeepMatt

That is correct I have 3 X1 DVR's ever since first getting it installed back in January 2013.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to SpHeRe31459

Stevemehs wad replying to my reply to the post on buffalo prices on the time warner cable forum.
' Can you have multiple X1s? I would like full functionality on both DVRs, with the ability to share recorded content between them. Right now I'm running a Cisco 8642 and 8742 with Whole House DVR enabled. Each box has it's own independent tuners, each has a 60 minute buffer for live TV, they just share the same recorded events list.

I haven't looked much at the Comcast X1 platform so I can't say how similar it is to the Dish Hopper or DirecTV Genie, but I definitely do not want what they try to promote. One real DVR and then stripped down client box that steals a tuner from the main DVR and lets you access recordings.

With my DirecTV set up I have one HR-34 5 tuner DVR and one HR-24 2 tuner DVR, in lieu of the C-31/C-41 client, so that way both TVs have DVRs that have essentially the same capabilities. I know this is way way down the road, if the merger even gets approved, but I would like something similar form Comcast to replace my current Time Warner set up, with whatever flagship products would be around at that time. "

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
reply to SpHeRe31459

Gate has 3 of them!!

SpHeRe31459

Sacramento, CA
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

someone over in the time warner forums asked me if you can have two x1 dvrs because they want dedicated tuners instead of sharing tuners.

People have gotten two DVRs. But what tuner sharing are they worried about? Right now the client boxes are RNG150Ns which have their own tuner for watching live TV.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to gate1975mlm

someone over in the time warner forums asked me if you can have two x1 dvrs because they want dedicated tuners instead of sharing tuners.

MrJitters

join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT
reply to JeepMatt

said by JeepMatt:

The audio dropout is still happening. I tested it over the weekend.

FAIL. Back to "Stereo"

Same here. It appears a blue light box is the only fix.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
reply to SpHeRe31459

The audio dropout is still happening. I tested it over the weekend.

FAIL. Back to "Stereo"
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to gate1975mlm

I noticed a bug with the update, when I hit fast fwd 4x and I got play, it stops what I'm watching and goes to live TV... Anyone else have this issue?
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to gate1975mlm

still haven't gotten the update here in the Pittsburgh region?

SpHeRe31459

Sacramento, CA
reply to MrJitters

said by MrJitters:

It's early, but a few people so far over on the support forum are reporting that the latest X1 STB Timestamp dated 3/7/14 "seems" to have cured the audio dropout issue seen on the Pace green light boxes.

So far I have not noticed any dropouts either since the update. This would be a good thing and cures one of the most nagging issues with this box. Again, it is early, so we shall see.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Audi···3/page/3

*Fingers crossed* that's been a real concern of mine about moving to X1

MrJitters

East Montpelier, VT
reply to gate1975mlm

It's early, but a few people so far over on the support forum are reporting that the latest X1 STB Timestamp dated 3/7/14 "seems" to have cured the audio dropout issue seen on the Pace green light boxes.

So far I have not noticed any dropouts either since the update. This would be a good thing and cures one of the most nagging issues with this box. Again, it is early, so we shall see.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Audi···3/page/3

Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil

join:2006-05-14
Castle Rock, CO
kudos:4
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to JeepMatt

Re: One Complaint

said by JeepMatt:

One thing Comcast REALLY has to stop doing...

All of my boxes rolled back to the older XRE build yesterday. Comcast really has to stop allowing this rollout / rollback nonsense from continuing.

You have a new feature for 10 hours and then it's gone. To a normal customer - they're all going to be like WTF?

I guess having your favorite feature for a day is better than having your box break. While I find Comcast’s technology quite poor, it’s possible this is how they pilot their firmware (try rolling back an app update on your mobile device!)

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to telcodad

One thing Comcast REALLY has to stop doing...

All of my boxes rolled back to the older XRE build yesterday. Comcast really has to stop allowing this rollout / rollback nonsense from continuing.

You have a new feature for 10 hours and then it's gone. To a normal customer - they're all going to be like WTF?
--

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3
reply to JeepMatt

Re: New XRE and STB Builds on HD Boxes!

said by JeepMatt:

I really wish we knew of a date when we can expect to see the "real" Dashboard that they keep showing in trade shows.

Other than that - not sure how much more they can change the current version.

There is some news/info provided on upcoming X1 Platform features/services in this article on the MCN site today:

Next TV: Comcast Testing TV Everywhere Authentication On Apple TV, Roku Devices
MSO Exploring It With ‘Certain Programmers,’ Comcast’s Matt Strauss Says

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - March 19, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/distributio···s/148956

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt

Well this morning the HD boxes took the update:

New XRE Server Build: 1.39.03 Dated: 3/14/14
New STB Build: PR150BN_1.3.2p2s1 Dated: 3/6/14

Seemed very snappy and responsive last night (at least on the DVR).

I really wish we knew of a date when we can expect to see the "real" Dashboard that they keep showing in trade shows.

Other than that - not sure how much more they can change the current version.

Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil

join:2006-05-14
Castle Rock, CO
kudos:4
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to JeepMatt

Re: New XRE and STB Builds on DVR!

said by JeepMatt:

And, as was noted - the HD channel only filter is back! Hit GUIDE twice.

Wow! Miracles do happen!

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to novanosis

Just noticed that my DVR updated this afternoon:

New XRE Server Build: 1.39.03 Dated: 3/14/14
New STB Build: PX001AN_1.3.2p2s2 Dated: 3/7/14

This was the 1st DVR STB build update in 3 months.

And, as was noted - the HD channel only filter is back! Hit GUIDE twice.

NOTE: This is only on the DVR so far - HD boxes still on 2/27/14 XRE build.

novanosis

join:2011-02-21
reply to kb1

Re: What Comcast's proposed acquisition of TWC would mean for X1

I do not have the Arris box myself , I am still using the Pace model and will continue to use it as I have no problems.
I have not heard any problems with the new Arris model just yet.

said by kb1:

novanosis,

I will be having the Arris/Moto XG1 installed this Saturday. How has X1 and the Arris box been working for you? I am part of the Greater
Chicago region

kb1

join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN
reply to novanosis

said by novanosis:

I can confirm the Arris/Moto XG1 is now being used in the Chicago area.

said by telcodad:

said by gate1975mlm:

I would like to think going forward
that Comcast will be using these new Arris XG1 boxes with the Blue power light when installing X1 over the older Pace boxes with the green power light?

From this article on the the MCN site today, it sounds like ARRIS has been shipping quite a few of their XG1 boxes to Comcast lately:

Set-Top Sales Surge At Arris In Q4
Shipments Of RDK-Powered ‘XG1' Boxes To Comcast Contributed To The Rise

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - February 20, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/distributio···4/148405
quote:
“[T]he Comcast XG1 came on very strong at the end of the year following the successful completion of product qualification,” Arris chairman and CEO Bob Stanzione said on Wednesday afternoon’s earnings call.

The XG1 “played a nice factor in the quarter,” added Larry Robinson, president, customer premises equipment, for Arris. ...

novanosis,

I will be having the Arris/Moto XG1 installed this Saturday. How has X1 and the Arris box been working for you? I am part of the Greater
Chicago region

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
reply to Botfly

Re: DVR Issues Tonight??

Bot-
I finally was able to watch a recorded show. By the time it was done 30 minutes later - it was working fine again.
--

Botfly
Premium
join:2013-10-23
U.S.A
reply to JeepMatt

I unplugged the box 3 times. I then called in. It knew I was calling in and started working again. I think their must of been some kind of glitch in the whole system because I called in when it was happening around the same time you posted this and the automated system could not recognize the number of my phone or account when I called in. After I called in a couple times after that, and a couple power cycles, all is good
again.

Botfly
Premium
join:2013-10-23
U.S.A
reply to gate1975mlm

Alternative methods. Find a tech and ask him/her if the tech has a "get it right card" can not delve into specifics but if you get that card, you will most likely get the x1 upgrade you are looking for. Also, another out of the box idea is that you find a phone number of a door to door sales rep in apartment settings, grocery store board, ect, and ask him/her to put in the upgrade for you. They will not get a sale but if you ask for some of their extra cards and tell them that you will pass them out to your friends or family the rep might do it for a future rapport with you as a lead for them.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to wolf

DVR Issues Tonight??

Trying to watch TV tonight on the DVR - it's like molasses.

Tried rebooting - takes literally 10-20 seconds for the DVR to acknowledge the button push - then every extra step.

Hit Guide button - guide takes 10-15 seconds to come up... etc..

HD boxes seem to be working fine.
Anyone else seeing this?
--

wolf

@74.121.100.x
reply to JeepMatt

Re: New XRE Build 1.38.04

I've never had the overlay issue on my main DVR box, but have had it for a while on the satellite box. I don't have the latest & greatest Feb 27 build yet. Did this also fix the audio dropouts (on non-Arris boxes)?

This issue reminds me of the early CC responses to HDMI issues (I think some users still get these today) & the response was to use Component connects instead. Even when issues can be tracked back directly to the converter box. Hardly a "fix". I remember distinctly being told that Comcast does not support HDMI. Maybe they also don't support audio without dropouts via HDMI (unless you're lucky enough to have a setup where it happens to work fine). I wish that in my job I could pick and choose what I'm responsible for based on whether something is working well, or tell someone who has issues that they "must have other problems" that have nothing to do with me. It's a sad situation when the color of my power button determines whether my system works or not...

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ComcastTech

I should go away more often!

Just got back from 4 days in Seattle (AWESOME city) and noticed I have a new XRE Build 1.38.04 from 2/27/14 on my DVR and 2 HD boxes.

One note - it has fixed the overlay issue on the HD boxes when you hit GUIDE twice. This is now displaying properly.

Other than that - not sure what else changed. I swear the colors got even darker - but may just be jet lag. LOL.

About the only thing I'm still curious on is when we'll see that "Dashboard" tile that can show you your Home Security, Weather, etc all on 1 screen. They keep showing it in demos.
--

ComcastTech

join:2008-05-31
reply to gate1975mlm

I have the Arris XG1A going to an Onkyo receiver via HDMI. Everything I have is wired HDMI to the receiver.

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
reply to JoeSammamish

Same (minus the Denon)

MrJitters

East Montpelier, VT
reply to JoeSammamish

said by JoeSammamish:

No dropouts using the Arris XG1A with a Denon X4000

That's the general consensus, Arris boxes work well. Even heard that the Pace boxes with the blue power ring light do to. The rest of us can go suck an egg, I guess.