Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

I like the changes. Just wondering when the live last 9 feature they talked about will be added.

mike31US

join:2013-08-15
Auburn, WA
reply to gate1975mlm

Sweet, just noticed this! Much faster with the tiles coming up now, and the battery level

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8
reply to Zoder

said by Zoder:

It looks like the update also fixed another slow loading issue. Normally when the box rebooted and it took you to live tv, it would take several minutes before I could change the channel or bring up any menus. I would get a One Moment Please message in the upper right corner. Now it appears to work as soon as it takes you to live tv.

Great to hear

The only thing it seems at least in my case that is still not fixed is the issue where the Video and Audio settings show "NA" for both and does not allow you to chance there settings until you restart the box. Other that that everything seem great again. Luckily I never need to change the audio and video settings very often

This "NA" issue may have to do with the box being hooked up to my Denon a 5.1 receiver but not really sure. I nver saw the "NA" issue when my Pace DVR was hooked up to my Denon. Anyone one here with the Arris DVR ever see "NA" under the Audio and Video settings?

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

It looks like the update also fixed another slow loading issue. Normally when the box rebooted and it took you to live tv, it would take several minutes before I could change the channel or bring up any menus. I would get a One Moment Please message in the upper right corner. Now it appears to work as soon as it takes you to live tv.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to macnbc

said by macnbc:

Had a good experience with Comcast yesterday! (Who knew THAT could happen?)

When I came home from work I tried to use the Send To TV feature of the X1 to watch a Youtube video. It wasn't working correctly at all. Where before you got a splitscreen with live TV and a choice of taking it fullscreen or not, this time it just went straight to fullscreen. It also seemed to be playing the video twice with stuttering audio, and the X1 box itself was struggling to handle everything going on without crashing.

So I found the Contact Us link for the Send To TV team and put in a complaint about it and how they took a perfectly usable feature and broke it. I got a reply back within an hour from a human being thanking me for a bug report and saying they were reverting to the previous version. Sure enough, I checked and it was already back to the old version on my box.

Talk about a quick response!

Cool glad this was fixed as I also noticed the issue as well for a while now.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to Zoder

said by Zoder:

Firmware 1.3.3 is now available on the Arris DVR. It fixes the slow loading tiles in On Demand. They now download instantaneously. Also shows the battery level of the remote now. Could be other changes but those are the ones I notice off the bat

If your box isn't pulling the new firmware automatically on a reboot, you can call Comcast and have them push it out to your box which is what I just did as I was having the slow loading tiles problem.

Thanks for the info I just took a look and sure enough it got the new firmware update and it is finally feels super fast like my older Pace boxes now It's about time Comcast fixed these issues with the Arris box. It has been driving me nuts for months.

This is the best news of the day!!

THANK YOU COMCAST

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to Tobin

said by Tobin:

Seems like they changed the visuals for the boot process as well. A bit more informative than the 4 red circles.

Yes they did and it looks a lot nicer now when rebooting

macnbc

join:2009-01-12
Arlington, VA

1 edit
reply to gate1975mlm

Had a good experience with Comcast yesterday! (Who knew THAT could happen?)

When I came home from work I tried to use the Send To TV feature of the X1 to watch a Youtube video. It wasn't working correctly at all. Where before you got a splitscreen with live TV and a choice of taking it fullscreen or not, this time it just went straight to fullscreen. It also seemed to be playing the video twice with stuttering audio, and the X1 box itself was struggling to handle everything going on without crashing.

So I found the Contact Us link for the Send To TV team and put in a complaint about it and how they took a perfectly usable feature and broke it. I got a reply back within an hour from a human being thanking me for a bug report and saying they were reverting to the previous version. Sure enough, I checked and it was already back to the old version on my box.

Talk about a quick response!

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to Tobin

When will the live last 9 feature be added ? Also dont see the kids guide.

Tobin

join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA
reply to Zoder

Seems like they changed the visuals for the boot process as well. A bit more informative than the 4 red circles.

Zoder

Miami, FL

1 recommendation

reply to gate1975mlm

Firmware 1.3.3 is now available on the Arris DVR. It fixes the slow loading tiles in On Demand. They now download instantaneously. Also shows the battery level of the remote now. Could be other changes but those are the ones I notice off the bat

If your box isn't pulling the new firmware automatically on a reboot, you can call Comcast and have them push it out to your box which is what I just did as I was having the slow loading tiles problem.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

OK, here's something new I just came across - the support page for the X1 remote controls has been recently updated to add a new "XR5v3" version of the XR5 remote:

XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform Remote Controls: XR2, XR5 and XR5v3
Updated on May 07, 2014 at 2:49 AM
»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···v-remote

FYI - Not sure why, but the picture and all mention of the new "XR5v3" remote has now been removed from that support page, which is now just titled:

X1: XR2 and XR5 Remote Controls
Updated on May 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Cabby

join:2013-03-25
reply to egeek84

That looks just like the remotes I have, but mine dont backlight... or do they??? I would love this since I'm often struggling to interface with the guide in a dark bedroom.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to jaxdan3

Yea. When is the next update coming out ? The one with all of the picture in picture stuff ?

jaxdan3

join:2012-01-08
reply to gate1975mlm

Has anyone else noticed the boxes (mine are Pace) seem noticeably faster with the new XRE server build dated 05/09/2014? The button to manually check for a new update has also been removed.

macnbc

join:2009-01-12
Arlington, VA
reply to telcodad

Hopefully the XR5v3 makes it up for sale soon. I hate having to dig out a separate remote just for TV Input switching at this point.

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA
reply to telcodad

Thanks, just ordered one. The sexy look, backlighting, and audio/input sold me.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

I noticed that. Wonder how i can get one of those? Also noticed theres a x1 remote that does an 2nd audio device.

The XR5 you can buy today:
»store.comcast.com/xr5-remote-con···essories

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to telcodad

I noticed that. Wonder how i can get one of those? Also noticed theres a x1 remote that does an 2nd audio device.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to scanpa

New XR5v3 Remote
said by scanpa:

My my, it got quiet in this thread.....

wake up everyone.

OK, here's something new I just came across - the support page for the X1 remote controls has been recently updated to add a new "XR5v3" version of the XR5 remote:

XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform Remote Controls: XR2, XR5 and XR5v3
»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···v-remote

It looks very similar to the rectangular "XR11" voice-control-enabled remote that was shown to be supplied with the Xi3 box (»Comcast Cable TV FAQ »What is X1 and X2?), but missing the blue microphone icon at the top and the mike opening at the bottom.

It also appears to add a (much-desired) "TV Input" button now.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to scanpa

Do you have X1 scanpa? Remember years ago we thought Central PA was going to get Tivo, or even Panasonic set tops. My how things have went a completely different direction.

scanpa
Premium
join:2006-09-06
Lebanon, PA
reply to gate1975mlm

My my, it got quiet in this thread.....

wake up everyone.

cheeseman

@68.87.42.x
reply to telcodad

So if you think about it:

Moving DVR to the cloud with virtual tuners means that 4 out of those 5 tuners are doing nothing on your X1 box now.

So the Xi3 is the perfect application for those remaining 4 tuners.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to SpHeRe31459

said by SpHeRe31459:

Also does anyone know how close we are to the proper launch of the Xi3 client boxes? There's been some leaked info about it since late last year, I'd really prefer to get an Xi3 for my secondary TV, since it's much faster than the RNG150N.

In an article about the X1 platform on the Multichannel News site today (»www.multichannel.com/news/techno···e/374371), it mentions this:
quote:
Comcast is also inching toward the deployment of the Xi3, a small, all-IP HD client device that works in tandem with the primary, multi-tuner XG1 HD-DVR box. At [last week’s Cable Show in Los Angeles, Matt Strauss, Comcast Cable’s senior vice president and general manager,] said Comcast is testing the Xi3 (it showed a model made by U.K.-based set-top maker Pace at the Los Angeles event), and is targeting deployments by the second half of the year, the Comcast exec said, noting that the MSO is also developing the Xi4, a smaller version of the client device.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

RE: »Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Looks like the EA video game service for the X1 platform will be moving out of the trial phase soon:

Exclusive - Comcast nears deal to stream EA games to TVs: sources
By Liana B. Baker and Malathi Nayak, Reuters - May 2, 2014
»www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/···20140502

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to Zoder

said by Zoder:

Updates coming over the next week.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-upda···/2107648

Comcast also issued this press release today:

Comcast to Bring Advanced Communications and More Personal Media to the TV
Xfinity Customers Will Have Capability to Stream Video on the X1 Platform
Additional Features Coming to X1 Include Talking Guide, Instant On Demand, Voicemail Apps and Spanish Guide and Navigation

Comcast press release, Business Wire - April 29, 2014
»www.businesswire.com/news/home/2···Media-TV

Zoder

Miami, FL
reply to SpHeRe31459

Updates coming over the next week.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-upda···/2107648

SpHeRe31459

join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to gate1975mlm

Has the shortage of X1 DVRs finally been alleviated? I'm curious to know what people are getting now (i.e. Arris boxes, newer revisions of the Pace).

Also does anyone know how close we are to the proper launch of the Xi3 client boxes? There's been some leaked info about it since late last year, I'd really prefer to get an Xi3 for my secondary TV, since it's much faster than the RNG150N.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to JeepMatt

That is correct I have 3 X1 DVR's ever since first getting it installed back in January 2013.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to SpHeRe31459

Stevemehs wad replying to my reply to the post on buffalo prices on the time warner cable forum.
' Can you have multiple X1s? I would like full functionality on both DVRs, with the ability to share recorded content between them. Right now I'm running a Cisco 8642 and 8742 with Whole House DVR enabled. Each box has it's own independent tuners, each has a 60 minute buffer for live TV, they just share the same recorded events list.

I haven't looked much at the Comcast X1 platform so I can't say how similar it is to the Dish Hopper or DirecTV Genie, but I definitely do not want what they try to promote. One real DVR and then stripped down client box that steals a tuner from the main DVR and lets you access recordings.

With my DirecTV set up I have one HR-34 5 tuner DVR and one HR-24 2 tuner DVR, in lieu of the C-31/C-41 client, so that way both TVs have DVRs that have essentially the same capabilities. I know this is way way down the road, if the merger even gets approved, but I would like something similar form Comcast to replace my current Time Warner set up, with whatever flagship products would be around at that time. "