uniqs

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

All 3 of my X1 DVR's get so laggy and slow at random times especially in the evening. Some examples clicking on DVR recordings is so slow and takes sometimes a few minutes for the info and watch button to display. Also deleting recordings also takes a few minutes before they are deleted if at all. Also have seen the channel logos get stuck on the screen with no video and just sound when changing channels. Also fast forwarding sometimes gets stuck. Also set recording not being recorded sometimes.

This seems to have been happening ever since I had the X1 boxes installed back on January.25,2013

Anyone else here have lots of issues like this?

I had a Comcast tech here at the house yesterday and they replaced a wire in the back yard. They said it was all chewed up and had water in it thanks to the F-ing squirrels. And the tech said this was most likely the reason for all the boxes being laggy. Well the lag was back again last night so the new wire did not help the issue at all.

Is comcast aware of these laggy issues with the X1 boxes.

I am in the Philadelphia area and was thining maybe there is a problem with the network in this area?

When the X1 box is working fast without the slowness I like it a lot but I am seeing way to many times during the day when the bosx gets so laggy and slow it hard to use it without wantingto throw the remote into the tv.
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

you may find some answers at the comcast x1 forum site.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· /1557105

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
said by gate1975mlm:

All 3 of my X1 DVR's get so laggy and slow at random times especially in the evening. Some examples clicking on DVR recordings is so slow and takes sometimes a few minutes for the info and watch button to display. Also deleting recordings also takes a few minutes before they are deleted if at all. Also have seen the channel logos get stuck on the screen with no video and just sound when changing channels. Also fast forwarding sometimes gets stuck. Also set recording not being recorded sometimes.

This seems to have been happening ever since I had the X1 boxes installed back on January.25,2013

I had a Comcast tech here at the house yesterday and they replaced a wire in the back yard. They said it was all chewed up and had water in it thanks to the F-ing squirrels. And the tech said this was most likely the reason for all the boxes being laggy. Well the lag was back again last night so the new wire did not help the issue at all.

I am in the Philadelphia area and was thining maybe there is a problem with the network in this area?

When the X1 box is working fast without the slowness I like it a lot but I am seeing way to many times during the day when the bosx gets so laggy and slow it hard to use it without wantingto throw the remote into the tv.

I have the same exact issues, literally. Yesterday night it was 5 minutes before 8 and I wanted to record American Idol since I had some other stuff to do, the recording confirmation didn't pop up until like 3 minutes into the show, seriously?
egeek84

egeek84 to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
woke up and both of my boxes were acting strange. Live TV wouldn't show up unless I hit pause then play again. It's as if someone messed with the guide or something overnight. In any event, I restarted the boxes and all is good again.
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
said by gate1975mlm:

Have had a few issues with the DVR thus far. I mentioned last week after an update I had to reboot the box because when I powered on the DVR and TV the screen was frozen on The Weather Channel logo. One other time the audio was 2 to 3 seconds ahead of the video on several stations but a reboot fixed that as well.

The one pet peeve I do have is that when modifying a recording's start and end time, seems like I have to do it twice to get the DVR to take it (never accepts it the first time).

Not a fan of having to go into the Deleted screen to permanently erase a recording off the DVR. I guess there are people who erase recordings by accident but to me it's redundant.

Haven't seen the issues with a set recording not recording at all or the fast forwarding/rewinding getting stuck yet. I do sometimes experience a lag when I scroll through the guide using the arrow keys rather than using the PG UP/PG DN keys.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Gate-
I finally saw the "lag" issue you were talking about last night - and it was right around 8:30pm!

Tried to watch a recorded show - menus took minutes to change.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

So if you all experienced the lag around the same time, is this a result of the "cloud" sourced UI?

Some backend server cluster take a performance penalty for some issue?

That's a little scary.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Gate-
I finally saw the "lag" issue you were talking about last night - and it was right around 8:30pm!

Tried to watch a recorded show - menus took minutes to change.

These X1 boxes are driving the whole family nuts. I am so sorry that I rushed to upgrade to these boxes

Soemtimes they work normal and fast but too many times though out the day they slow to a craw!

Comcast needs to fix these issues ASAP!

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
New build pushed out!

Release Version: xappl-XREY.OP7
XRE Server Version: Y.01.08 (Build 4211)
XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0
Receiver: Native version 1.1.2
STB Version: PX001AN_XC_1.1.2.1.1_PROD_BC_SPCsd
STB Timestamp: Sat Mar 02 06:34:34 UTC 2013

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Same here this morning egeek-

But, looks only on the server side (XRE) - not the STB side. Hopefully that'll clear up some of the lag we've been seeing lately, but not sure.

We've gone from the X version to Y. So exciting!
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Recording Light

I swear for the 1st time last night - a red recording light was on my DVR.

I know many have been clamoring for this - I wonder if this latest update activated it?

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

2 edits

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

I swear for the 1st time last night - a red recording light was on my DVR.

I know many have been clamoring for this - I wonder if this latest update activated it?

Comcast just got the Red Light working a few day ago

Comcast also have improved the speed of the X1 UI a lot last weekend. I hardly ever get those annoying delays anymore since the latest updates that Comcast sent out this past weekend.

My 3 X1 boxes are working the best they ever have since this past weekend.

One of the main bugs I still see is some "Ghosting" on the X1 UI. It seems to happen at random times after I delete a recording and you can see the guide ghosting though on the right side of the screen at all times. And the only way to remove it you have to start another DVR recording again. Hopefully this also will also be fix soon.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Gate-
I agree with you. This has been a solid build.

And while I know you're on the Comcast forum too - one thing I like there is that Kara, the rep - actually admits when they find a problem & it's their fault. (slow down and lag).
shades
join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ

shades to Shoe

to Shoe

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

said by Shoe :

30 sec skip - »forums.logitech.com/t5/H ··· 2/page/3

thanks

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

DVR Not Available

So last night around 8pm I went to watch some recorded shows - and the system brought up a message:

"DVR Not available due to system maintenance".

I have to admit, this is the first real annoying bug. How in the hell would system maintenance cause me to not be able to read my DVR?

OR - are my programs actually now being stored in the cloud?? Hmmmm...

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

What's odd about that is policy dictates system maintenance to be performed between 12am and 5am. Unless it was some kind of "emergency" thing.

This maintenance window is when you would normally see code upgrades, channel changes (adds, moving frequencies, etc), new ch maps pushed out, server swaps or other gear changes.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Looks like there was yet another Server side update overnight....

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Was talking to a chat rep about problems with my phone and I asked about the x1. When they connected me to the cable department after solving my problem I asked them and they told me the x1 is coming to the Pittsburgh area next month but to call in the morning for a date.
Don't know how true or whether to believe the chat rep though.
mikedz4

mikedz4

now I hear I may NOT get it until 2014 in my area. Cumon I wish someone would give me an good answer.
mikedz4

mikedz4

update. I just found out that central and western pa, eastern ohio, west Virginia and western Maryland will get the x1 around thanksgiving or Christmas (the end of q4 2013).
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

now I hear I may NOT get it until 2014 in my area. Cumon I wish someone would give me an good answer.

Don't understand why you need a date - it will get to your area when it gets there. Then you can get it. How does knowing a date make a difference? Clearly, getting 3 different answers is frustrating you. You'll sleep better if you let it go and wait to be surprised.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I'd rather have it now. Tired of this same interface for 7 years now. Iguide stinks. It's like having an dummy phone when the newest phone comes out but your carrier telling you that you can't get a smart phone until they say so even though your neighbors have one already.
S10driver35
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Missing recordings reappeared

So here's something a bit odd. Last Wednesday I had a couple of programs set to record and the next day was frustrated that they didn't seem to record (my first experience with this issue). So over the course of the weekend I was catching up on what I had on the DVR and after deleting everything I recorded as well as emptying the deleted recordings I was still showing that my DVR was 2% full. I'm aware this is a known issue but I went ahead and rebooted my DVR anyway and still had the DVR showing 2% full

Lo and behold, yesterday morning I discovered my missing recordings from a week ago were back in my listing of available recordings. Has this happened to anyone else missing recordings or having an issue with the capacity of their DVR as well?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

S10-
I've seen instances of that on the Xfinity forums on the Comcast website.

Apparently even though the programs are stored on the DVR - the information about them is in the cloud - so if their cloud infrastructure hiccups - it'll look like the programs aren't there, even if they are.
S10driver35
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

said by SeattleMatt:

S10-
I've seen instances of that on the Xfinity forums on the Comcast website.

Apparently even though the programs are stored on the DVR - the information about them is in the cloud - so if their cloud infrastructure hiccups - it'll look like the programs aren't there, even if they are.

Thanks for the info Matt! Yeah I've seen instances about the hard drive capacity issue reported on the Comcast site but hadn't seen anyone report about missing recordings reappearing. The cloud theory does make sense.

CableFreak
join:2004-10-13
Morehead, KY

CableFreak to mikedz4

to mikedz4

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

said by mikedz4:

update. I just found out that central and western pa, eastern ohio, west Virginia and western Maryland will get the x1 around thanksgiving or Christmas (the end of q4 2013).

Is that a good-enough answer? Your area is not a priority compared to major metro areas.
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

I'd rather have it now. Tired of this same interface for 7 years now. Iguide stinks. It's like having an dummy phone when the newest phone comes out but your carrier telling you that you can't get a smart phone until they say so even though your neighbors have one already.

You're missing the point. Oh well...
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by RalphKramden:

Yep. The X1 is available in my area, but I'm no hurry to get it. There's tons of bugs and performance issues that still need to be sorted out, especially on the boxes with less CPU resources like the Pace RNG150N's they're giving out as non-DVR boxes. And for me, most importantly, they still don't have the X1 platform multi-room DVR enabled.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

said by SpHeRe31459:

said by RalphKramden:

Yep. The X1 is available in my area, but I'm no hurry to get it. There's tons of bugs and performance issues that still need to be sorted out, especially on the boxes with less CPU resources like the Pace RNG150N's they're giving out as non-DVR boxes. And for me, most importantly, they still don't have the X1 platform multi-room DVR enabled.

Maybe by the end of the year they will enable anyroom dvr on the x1 box.
I know it is in Beta testing right now with a lot of bugs. Just shocked that Harrisburg and Pittsburgh won't get it until the end of the year since we are all in the keystone region.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Another new DVR STB update pushed out I guess last night - timestamp is now March 11th.