telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3
reply to GmDude66

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

said by GmDude66:

Any news for York, PA getting X1?

Actually, this article on the MCN site this afternoon says that the X1 platform has just been released in the Keystone Region today:

Comcast Fills More X1 Deployment Gaps
Launches Cloud-Based Platform In MSO’s ‘Keystone’ Region

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - January 20, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/distributio···s/147767
quote:
Comcast wrapped 2013 by making its X1 platform available to the bulk of its customer base, but it appears to be starting off the new year by filling in some deployment gaps.

Comcast announced Monday that it had unleashed X1 in the Keystone Region, an area that covers systems in western, central and northeast Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and portions of West Virginia and Maryland.

Also see the Comcast press release:

Comcast Launches X1 In Keystone Region - Next-Generation Cloud-Based Video Platform Now Available
X1 transforms traditional TV into an Entertainment Operating System - complete with apps, personalization, social media tools, second-screen integration and more
Comcast Press Release, PR Newswire - January 20, 2014
»www.prnewswire.com/news-releases···831.html

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Jacksonville, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

Dear JeepMatt,
If I do this will it change my setting's that I use with X1 ?
David

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Davy49

Davy-
Hit on the remote: exit-exit-exit-X-T-W-O

You may have to reboot after swapping over - in the past the updates caused a grey box along the right of the screen that you had to reboot to get rid of. Or, simply hit the power button on the front of the box off, then on - should also clear it up.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Davy49

Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gate1975mlm

JeepMatt,
Much to my dismay..I haven't been updated to X2 software as of yet, I read some where in here where there's 'supposedly' there's a way to trick the XG1 box to let you update to the XG2 preview version.
Thanks,
David

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to gate1975mlm

Gate-
Thanks for the heads up. Just got back from 2 days at the beach.

My 2 HD boxes updated to the new XRE Server build - as you mentioned, dated 1/15/14.

However, my DVR will not update - even with a reboot. I'm sure it'll pull it eventually this week. As you also mentioned - yes - when in the Guide - and you hit "C" - it does now take you to correct poster art.

**Edit** - noticed the Comcast SVP tweet that all "should be working on Wednesday" - so, they may be slowly rolling out the update.

I also liked the "trending" options.

I also saw that on the Notices tab of the Diagnostics - it now shows Instagram and Flickr. Since my DVR hasn't updated - i can't tell on the Apps tab yet if they've been added.

Davy - if you hit Menu on the remote - scroll over to the "cog" icon - or whatever you want to call it. If you click down to About - you'll see the STB information.

There are two areas that get updated - the XRE Server (which is what is in the cloud) and the STB Timestamp and Version - this is what actually gets downloaded to your box.

On my 2 HD boxes - I'm showing XRE of 1/15/14, and a STB Version of 12/10/13.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Davy49

Jacksonville, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

Hi,
I know one thing for sure..X1 is a LOT better than the previous platform I was using !!
David

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to Davy49

said by Davy49:

How can I tell if I have received the X2 software 'update' or not...I rely on information here in the forum's.

X1 users, such as gate1975mlm See Profile or JeepMatt See Profile will have to verify this, but I believe the software/firmware info is displayed under the "About" tab.

Davy49

Jacksonville, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

Hi gate1975mim,
How can I tell if I have received the X2 software 'update' or not...I rely on information here in the forum's.
Thanks,
David

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

2 edits
reply to gate1975mlm

Guys another update for X2 this morning.

Date Jan.15,2014

Only thing new I can see is when pressing the red button when viewing the big guide now brings up an option to view things like movies,sports,favorites,trending and it actually is working now. In the last update all you got was the same poster over and over when clicking on one of the options.

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
reply to gate1975mlm

Any news for York, PA getting X1?

ComcastTech

join:2008-05-31
reply to gate1975mlm

Negative sir. The X1 box has 5 tuners. The X2 box will have 6 virtual tuners. Their will be a dedicated X2 app for Sling type goodies. But i didn't say that.

BigBearsFan

join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

4 edits
reply to ComcastTech

the app updated in Dec was Xfinity Tv X1 it was Dec 20th .So am I jumping to conclusions,the sixth tuner in XG1 box could theoretically be used to send out all programming on our box to anywhere we are on any device like a roku or slingbox ?

ComcastTech

reply to gate1975mlm

i know one of the android apps got updated...i deleted the email as to which and all that. my bad.

Expand your moderator at work

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN
reply to ComcastTech

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Comcast Tech the app has not been updated resently, it was last updated on March 12, 2013 here is a link to the app »play.google.com/store/apps/detai···inity.tv
if it was released recently they did not upload the apk of the new version to the play store

ComcastTech

reply to joejoejeo

try redownloading it then. supposedly the app was just updated for android. and no there is no way you can test cloud services. and its for x2 not 1. from what i heard its only in the new england states that its even being tested.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to BigBearsFan

thats not the same as the app i am taking about link i am talking about »xfinity.comcast.net/learn/intern···-tv-app/

BigBearsFan

Galesburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

Have you tried the X1 remote app that just came out in December ?

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to ComcastTech

Comcast Tech is there a way for you to pass along that the android version of the xfinity tv app does not have some of the same features as the iOS version which is called xfinity tv remote. the iOS version has my dvr feature which the android version does not. And the android version is slow. i don't know know what else is wrong but the android app has not been updated for more than 6 months when all other comcast apps for android have been updated within the last 6 months, most of them have been updated within the past 2 months. so can you help the android users get a new version of the app posted to the play store that has those fixes and enhancements and additions thanks

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to ComcastTech

Comcast Tech is there a way for people to test out the x1 dvr with could services or could you help get that on accounts

ComcastTech

reply to ComcastTech

lol I like my job. X2 is about to launch, but the hardware side (cloud DVR) was pushed back a little. they are still working on inventory issues with the X1 boxes, i'm scared to see what happens when the cloud dvr is ready to launch.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to ComcastTech

said by ComcastTech:

said by joejoejeo:

how do you know that

look at my name. we had a meeting on X1 and X2.

OK, then what else can you leak to us about it, Mr. Masked Comcast Technician?

ComcastTech

reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

how do you know that

look at my name. we had a meeting on X1 and X2.

BellevueBob

join:2013-10-12
Bellevue, WA
reply to mount laurel

Typically terse language that communicates poorly. Perhaps this is the "installation fee" because a site visit is needed? And don't you love it when they say things like "may apply"?

mount laurel

@comcast.net
reply to joejoejeo

FYI-on Garden State, NJ February Bill:

Commencing March 15, 2014, a one-time X1 Platform Upgrade
fee of $49.99 may apply to existing Xfinity customers upgrading
to the X1 services platform

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to ComcastTech

how do you know that

ComcastTech

reply to gate1975mlm

Don't get excited with the cloud yet... you won't see that for a bit. X2 deployment is coming very soon though for those who haven't tested it.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to BigBearsFan

but this is not the listed phone number for x1 support that Comcast gives out though.

BigBearsFan

Galesburg, IL
reply to gate1975mlm

That just takes you to X1 technical support .I tried the number and the csr didn't have a clue about the cloud , beta testing X2,or avaialability of X2.I don't think the person I spoke to would have been any help with a technical problem with X1.The csr transferred me supposedly to someone that could help,the regular customer service automated phoneline. I just hung up laughing.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8
reply to joejoejeo

Wait a minute are you are saying if we call this number they will set up cloud DVR for us?