share rss forum feed

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Anyone heard when the new Voice remote for X1 is going to be available for purchase?

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to gate1975mlm
My 3 DVR's also got the Jan.29,2014 update and it does now say "New" instead of "preview". Also with this new update I do not have the reported "overlay" bug and everything seems to be working as it should. But there seems to be no new features with this new update either

I really hope Comcast will be adding some of the features that we all have been asking for a while now.

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN
reply to rej4sl
OK I will restart my box when I get back to see if it will pull that new version

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to gate1975mlm
restarted the box- and thought boy this is taking a long long time. Normally so quick. It came on with the new version. WE had the X2 preview on before and now on the about page it says .... version new ......
XRE Server Version .... 1.37.07.01 01/29/2014
STB Time Stampe : Thu Dec 12 2013

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to Davy49
restart you box to see if it gets the new version

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Waxahachie, TX
reply to gate1975mlm
So far today..no new update.

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to telcodad

Re: "New" X2 is Live

said by telcodad:

said by bgoodbody:

Also publically the "X2" will be called the X1.

Yes, from Ted Hodgins on the Comcast Support forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR-···65#M8969 ):
quote:
X2 is our internal naming convention.

X2 is not a customer-facing name that we will use in any direct-to-consumer marketing. So apologies for that confusion.

This is still the X1 Platform that cloud DVR will be running on. No shift in gears. The guide interface will change (improvements all around) and our internal name is still X2.

Outwardly this is still the X1 Entertainment Operating System ...

LOL. I dunno how many times I've explained that in this thread. It's in the X1 FAQ here on the site as well. But now that Ted has said it, I guess people can stop spazzing about X2 somehow being a separate product from the X1 stuff.

X1 is the branding Comcast is using, it's what they spent millions of dollars advertising. "X2" has always been a codename, and has always been reported that way in industry articles.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to bgoodbody
said by bgoodbody:

Also publically the "X2" will be called the X1.

Yes, from Ted Hodgins on the Comcast Support forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR-···65#M8969 ):
quote:
X2 is our internal naming convention.

X2 is not a customer-facing name that we will use in any direct-to-consumer marketing. So apologies for that confusion.

This is still the X1 Platform that cloud DVR will be running on. No shift in gears. The guide interface will change (improvements all around) and our internal name is still X2.

Outwardly this is still the X1 Entertainment Operating System ...

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to JeepMatt

Re: "New" X2 is Live

Not in SE New England yet. Also publically the "X2" will be called the X1.

Here still have a 1/22 Server Build and a 12/2013 STB However receiver version is 1.3.1
--
- Bill

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to JeepMatt
Click for full size
downloadX2 New.pdf 309,484 bytes
Well, all 3 of my boxes (2 HD, 1 DVR) updated to the "New" XRE Build - dated 1/29/14 this morning. When you go to the About tab, it actually shows "New" and no longer says "Preview".

Notes:
1) On the HD boxes - they are now on the 1/29/14 XRE build, and 1/17/14 STB build. The new XRE build DID NOT fix the Guide overlay issue. If you hit Guide, then Guide again - the "Trending, Kids, Movies, Sports" menu is laid over top of the guide - and you can barely read it. I never use this feature - but, it's definitely a noticeable bug.

2) DVR remains on the 12/10/13 STB build. After playing around a little bit, I really don't notice many changes. There are no new apps - so I'm still waiting a few days more I guess before we get to see the Live Extra app and see how this IP streaming is going to work.

I'm sure others will pick up on some differences...
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to JeepMatt

Re: Baby Steps

No new changes as of this morning, 2/1.

Really wish they'd push out a new XRE build if they have one ready - because this latest STB build on the HD boxes has made things sluggish combined w/ the 1/22 server build.

DVR has not updated at all.
--

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to JeepMatt
Well - woke up, and my 2 HD STB's pulled a new STB Firmware.

They went from 12/10/13 to 1/17/14 - Version PR150BN_1.3.2s4_PRODsd

It actually screwed a major thing up. If you pull up the guide - and hit guide again - it now overlays the Favorites, Trending, etc. options over top of the guide - and you can barely read it.

However, this is still an X2 preview mode. XRE Version remains at 37P5, dated 1/22/14.

The DVR will not pull any update as of this time.

Assuming this may be a prep step before the real rollout.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
reply to joejoejeo

Re: Lesson Learned

I'm with Joe-
Until I see something different - you know what they say...
--

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to Gerard1234
ok can you also take some pictures of the guide that is listed on the DVR and cable boxes. and also can you take a picture of the about page in the settings menu and/or tell us what is listed on that page

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
Reviews:
·Comcast
·WOW Internet and..
reply to joejoejeo
Everyone is watching tv now. Do not want to interrupt the t.v.'s but in the configuration page I see 9 devices with IP addresses on the gateway. It seems everything came alive after they turned on local on the 8's in HD for the weather channel and the new movie app started. I woke up in the morning and the guide was different too. Some others in the area have the new x2 now too. Seems to be deploying everywhere. Everyone just be patient and you will get it too. Remember it is just T.V.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to SpHeRe31459
yes that is what i am wondering as well also does the gateway you have be used as a cable box

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA

1 edit
reply to Gerard1234
said by Gerard1234:

I think that is what it says on the outside very small writing looks like it says xg5 right below the battery light at the bottom. Does not show up on the picture I took very well though

Interesting... So what do your cable boxes look like? See the pics in the FAQ I posted before. Even better, please look for the FCC label and tell us the model designation(s) you see, including the wireless gateway.

Gerard1234

Reviews:
·Comcast
·WOW Internet and..
reply to SpHeRe31459
I think that is what it says on the outside very small writing looks like it says xg5 right below the battery light at the bottom. Does not show up on the picture I took very well though
And it is also taller box than the old gateway1. Has 2 usb's on the back And another that looks like e-sata. Has a MOCA light that flashes. Was not enable 3 days ago now it is enabled and working.

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to Gerard1234
said by Gerard1234:

When I rebooted it the T.V.'s went out they came on after the thing rebooted.

Do you have an XG1 (X1 DVR box)? or just client boxes?
See more about the equipment here: »Comcast Cable TV FAQ »What is X1 and X2?

That wireless gateway 2 is a relative of the XG5 compliant version that is a digital cable gateway/DVR/eMTA/cable modem in one, but it shouldn't be out in the wild yet, since it is supposed to use Xi3's as clients, which also aren't out just yet AFAIK.

CaptainVidJW

join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX
reply to Gerard1234
The STB's all have integrated cable modems in them.

I think some of the Comcast insiders can verify this.

Gerard1234

reply to CaptainVidJW
When I rebooted it the T.V.'s went out they came on after the thing rebooted.

CaptainVidJW

join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX
reply to Gerard1234
said by Gerard1234:

X2 works here since just before yesterday. Maybe it is because we have the wireless gateway2 which is a MOCA it think they call it the headless gateway or something.

Your cable modem/gateway does not interact with the set-top boxes.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

1 edit
reply to joejoejeo

also they told me today that, "It will be nationally launched January 31st." and that "X2 guide will be released January 31 through February 3." and that, "The X2 guide was finalized on the 29th."

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to gate1975mlm
there is a new version of the user guide for x1 which is accessible here »cim-cim-images.cdn2.comcast.net/···0114.pdf and was updated this year

Gerard1234

Reviews:
·Comcast
·WOW Internet and..

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt

Click for full size
X2 works here since just before yesterday. Maybe it is because we have the wireless gateway2 which is a MOCA it think they call it the headless gateway or something. It is also a dual channel 2.4ghz and 5 ghz device with excellent range I can see it with the lap top all the way down the block. It is like they super powered the range. Oh the box on the left is a Samknows device and the one on the right is a RIPE ATLAS.

psdstu

join:2013-04-05
Marianna, FL
reply to gate1975mlm

I was wondering if anyone has the "Screen Saver" working while in the X2 Preview Mode of the Guide?

My Screen Saver is set for 5 minutes but does not work in the X2 Preview Mode, but it does work in the X1 Current Mode.

Just wondering if I am the only one with this issue?

Thanks

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to gate1975mlm

said by gate1975mlm:

What I am wondering is when X2 is finally launched will it have any new features other then what the preview version of X2 already has?

I believe the new features provided by the full X2 release will be what joejoejeo See Profile provided in this previous post of his: »Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to JeepMatt
What I am wondering is when X2 is finally launched will it have any new features other then what the preview version of X2 already has?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to psdstu
Hope everyone here learned a lesson with all of this.

Unless your "source" is the actual Release Manager (which I am by profession) - no one knows the real launch date of something in Technology.

I was burned 57 times as a FIOS TV customer when someone would "leak" dates only to then have everyone running with pitchforks when it didn't happen.

JoeJoeJoe- no, I'm not ripping you or anything - or trying to be an a-hole - as we all love to hear date rumors - but this shows how many different whispers you can hear.

I can't tell you how many times I'd get asked why a banking enhancement wasn't live yet. And I'm always like - "well who told you it would be? Well, I heard it from someone via an email."

A piece of me thinks nothing will happen until next week after the Super Bowl. I don't think they'd want a software update screwin' the pooch on all the parties Sunday night if something went awry.

psdstu

join:2013-04-05
Marianna, FL
reply to psdstu

I figured out how to switch between the 2 guide versions.

I have not been able to figure out how to get to the Mini guide using X2 Preview Guide....any ideas?