uniqs
share rss forum feed

macnbc

join:2009-01-12
Arlington, VA
reply to GoodOmens

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

said by GoodOmens:

For me I have at least 3 different HD PBS stations and setting any recording for this channel to "New Only" doesn't record correctly (presumably because all three channels have the same episode set as new).

I believe if you set up a series recording from the guide grid instead of from the show's info page, you will get an option to force it to limit records to that specific channel only. That may help with your case.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to SpHeRe31459

Re: WOW

I remember reading a study on different color LED's and behavioral disorders and blue LED's were the worst causing an event called Blue Hazard. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-light···t_hazard »texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoy···th+risks
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with tech problems.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to MTBikerChris

B/c I was in a Triple Bundle w/ Anyroom DVR - and at the time I got X1 it didn't have that capability, I'm currently paying about $20/month more for the 3 X1 boxes.

At this point, I don't care. It's worth 1 less bottle of vodka per month.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:7
reply to SpHeRe31459

said by SpHeRe31459:

:
Found the source of the quote you posted:
»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···9/page/2

I see you asked Kara about the hard drive size differences, I'll be interested to see her answer.

Here's her answer, sounds like a 500GB hard drive to me:

quote:
the X1 DVR boxes can currently store 60 hours HD or 200 hours SD. The [External Hard Drives] PDF is being updated to reflect the correct storage information.

GoodOmens

join:2005-07-06
Arlington, VA
reply to macnbc

said by macnbc:

said by GoodOmens:

For me I have at least 3 different HD PBS stations and setting any recording for this channel to "New Only" doesn't record correctly (presumably because all three channels have the same episode set as new).

I believe if you set up a series recording from the guide grid instead of from the show's info page, you will get an option to force it to limit records to that specific channel only. That may help with your case.

Yea I've tried that and it doesn't work.

GoodOmens

Arlington, VA
reply to gate1975mlm

A new XR5 remote has been released.
»store.comcast.com/xr5-remote-con···C-100005

According to ComcastKara:

quote:
The XR5 is Comcast's newest remote, it was designed to improve the XFINITY TV viewing experience and is available for use with Comcast set-top boxes running the latest versions of the on-screen guides such as X1. This premium remote control is ergonomically designed to be easier to handle and feel better in your hand, putting the buttons you use most often within easy reach.

Features:

3-second Amber Backlight
Uses 2-AA Batteries (included)
Supports both IR and RF* modes.
TV IR Control Database - TV Power, Volume, Mute
Home Theater (AVR) Overlay Feature - All Power, Volume, Mute
»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···7#M74992

Wonder if we can go to the store and have them swapped out.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by GoodOmens:

A new XR5 remote has been released.
»store.comcast.com/xr5-remote-con···C-100005

:

»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···7#M74992

Wonder if we can go to the store and have them swapped out.

FYI - There is a separate thread where we are discussing this new XR5 remote: »New XR5 RF/IR Remote now available

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

said by SpHeRe31459:

:

I see you asked Kara about the hard drive size differences, I'll be interested to see her answer.

quote:
the X1 DVR boxes can currently store 60 hours HD or 200 hours SD. The [External Hard Drives] PDF is being updated to reflect the correct storage information.

Well, if you think you might need more space, you could try replacing [though it would void the warranty ] the XG1's 500GB hard drive with this 4TB one just announced by Seagate:

Seagate Reveals Industry's First Purpose-Built 4TB Video Hard Disk Drive.
Seagate Develops Purpose-Built Hard Disk Drive for Video

By Anton Shilov, X-bit labs - May 21, 2013
»www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/disp···ive.html

novanosis

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

said by SpHeRe31459:

:

quote:

Well, if you think you might need more space, you could try replacing [though it would void the warranty ] the XG1's 500GB hard drive with this 4TB one just announced by Seagate:

Seagate Reveals Industry's First Purpose-Built 4TB Video Hard Disk Drive.
Seagate Develops Purpose-Built Hard Disk Drive for Video

By Anton Shilov, X-bit labs - May 21, 2013
»www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/disp···ive.html

That would be great, but if the XG1s software does not have the option to format that would be a problem. One way to find out....

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

1 edit
reply to gate1975mlm

Does anyone here who uses a X1 DVR Box with a 5.1 Receiver ever notice the sound cutting off for a split second at random times? I have had this issue since getting the X1 back in January. It has seemed to have gotten much better since January as it does not happen as much anymore. But it does still happen a few times a day. I have been working on the phone with a X1 Tech to try and fix this issue but so far no luck.

I just would love to know if I am the only one having this issue?

I am using an X1 DVR connected to a 5.1 Denon receiver with HDMI.

Also my Denon sometimes switching from Surround Sound to Stereo on it's own.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to gate1975mlm

Does anyone know how the Anyroom DVR for X1 is going to work?

Like I have 3 X1 boxes in my home. So when this becomes available will Comcast need to send a tech to my home and run more wires? Or will it just be a software update and then I will be able to use Anyroom DVR on all 3 of my X1 boxes?

Also do you have to pay extra for Anyroom DVR?

novanosis

said by gate1975mlm:

Like I have 3 X1 boxes in my home. So when this becomes available will Comcast need to send a tech to my home and run more wires? Or will it just be a software update and then I will be able to use Anyroom DVR on all 3 of my X1 boxes?

That sound issue is more than likely the HDMI cable or the receiver .

For the any room DVR it's a seperate fee. Not sure how much. All you would need is a mocha filter.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by novanosis:

said by gate1975mlm:

For the any room DVR it's a seperate fee. Not sure how much. All you would need is a mocha filter.

From what GoodOmens See Profile and Mike Wolf See Profile had said in another thread »Re: [X1] The New X2 - The "Evolution" of the X1 it seems the PoE MoCA filter is part of the standard X1 installation.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to novanosis

said by novanosis:

said by gate1975mlm:

That sound issue is more than likely the HDMI cable or the receiver .

But it did it with a optical cable also. So it's not just an HDMI Issue.

novanosis

But have you swapped the box already? If you did then its the receiver.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA

said by novanosis:

No I have not just yet.

I guess I should.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

1 edit
reply to egeek84

A new X1 commercial has appeared on the official Xfinity YouTube page/channel:

X1 Platform featuring Mindy Kaling
»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···n75iYkQg

Looks like it's demonstrating the new "X2" features.

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

said by gate1975mlm:

said by novanosis:

No I have not just yet.

I guess I should.

I'm not saying your receiver is faulty but it could be just a compatibility issue and hopefully they fix these bugs.

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

Noticed new build:4420

macnbc

join:2009-01-12
Arlington, VA
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

From what GoodOmens See Profile and Mike Wolf See Profile had said in another thread »Re: [X1] The New X2 - The "Evolution" of the X1 it seems the PoE MoCA filter is part of the standard X1 installation.

Yes, they installed one for me as well.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to novanosis

said by novanosis:

said by gate1975mlm:

said by novanosis:

No I have not just yet.

I guess I should.

I'm not saying your receiver is faulty but it could be just a compatibility issue and hopefully they fix these bugs.

Just tried another X1 box and after about 5 minutes I got the sound cutoff glitch again.

So I can rule out the X1 box being Faulty.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to novanosis

I think I found a New Bug!

"Auto Tune to HD" Is not working on some channels!

Like for example Channel Fox 15 and CBS 03 just to name a few.

I don't remember this happening before so it must have just started with one of the recent software updates.

novanosis

said by gate1975mlm:

I think I found a New Bug!

"Auto Tune to HD" Is not working on some channels!

Like for example Channel Fox 15 and CBS 03 just to name a few.

I don't remember this happening before so it must have just started with one of the recent software updates.

I'll check it out when I get home.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
reply to gate1975mlm

It probably has something to do with the HD flag broadcast on the HD channels that can go missing sometimes. I see the same issue on the Comcast set top boxes and TiVo's sometimes with the little HD indicator. If the flag goes missing the channel doesn't show up in the HD only list, or when the flag is misplaced and put on a channel that isn't actually HD, it'd cause the channel to show up on that HD only list when it shouldn't. I've noticed this on the Philly news stations in the 250's.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with tech problems.

GoodOmens

Arlington, VA
reply to gate1975mlm

Recieved via PM from ComcastKara regarding a bug I was having recording shows on PBS (We have multiple PBS stations and setting a series recording would cause it to record any random airing and not the "New" airing). This might also be related to people having issues recording series on "New and Repeats" as opposed to just new episodes only.

quote:
wanted to check in before the holiday weekend. Our engineering team has identified the bug that is causing this issue, and is working to get this resolved and tested ASAP. Unfortunately, I do not have any information when the bug fix will be released into production.

Thank you for all your information and patience - with your help we were able to dig into the root cause.

- Kara

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
reply to Mike Wolf

said by Mike Wolf:

It probably has something to do with the HD flag broadcast on the HD channels that can go missing sometimes. I see the same issue on the Comcast set top boxes and TiVo's sometimes with the little HD indicator. If the flag goes missing the channel doesn't show up in the HD only list, or when the flag is misplaced and put on a channel that isn't actually HD, it'd cause the channel to show up on that HD only list when it shouldn't. I've noticed this on the Philly news stations in the 250's.

Instead of flagging the program in the guide data, they should flag the channel itself in the channel map.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

said by SpHeRe31459:

:

quote:

FYI - The latest, May 24th update of that External Hard Drives PDF file (»media2.comcast.net/anon.comcasto···4-13.pdf), instead of previously stating: "... and is not currently compatible with DVRs on the XFINITY TV X1 platform; that DVR includes a 1TB internal hard drive." has now dropped the underlined part.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

so that takes away one positive for the x1. How can Comcast offer a box with ONLY 500gb drive in this day and age? Dish and directv have at least 1gb hard drives in their genie and hopper.

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium
join:2007-09-14
USA
reply to gate1975mlm

Stupid system must have updated, again! Now video keeps going out, guide doesn't work and shows not recording. X-1 is not great at all.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit
reply to novanosis

said by novanosis:

Noticed new build:4420

Build:4420 must have had a few issues including Auto Tune HD not working because all 3 of my X1 boxes reverted back to build :4317 this morning and Auto Tune HD is working again.

So Build 4420 was bad!