spc
Search similar:

uniqs
novanosis
join:2011-02-21

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

X1 DVR (anyroom functionality) - Available in Both Moto and Cisco X1 PlatformTM from XFINITY Markets

Overview:

Rolling out in June of 2013, X1 DVR (with anyroom functionality) is a new service on the X1 Platform from XFINITY that allows a customer to watch recorded shows from any X1 Platform from XFINITY set-top box in the house, not just from their primary DVR (XG1 device). This is exciting because the X1 DVR allows us to be truly competitive in the DVR market. Once X1 DVR has been deployed to a market, it will be the only DVR product available for new XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform customers.

Extends DVR functionality to non-DVR set-top boxes within the home
Uses same technology as Native AnyRoom DVR
Primary Box (XG1) – DVR set-top box on the home network (server)
Companion Boxes (RNG150N) – Non-DVR set-top boxes on the home network (client)
Full DVR functionality with the exception of controlling live TV: pause, rewind, jump to live, instant replay, etc.
Benefits:

Key Benefits of X1 DVR Service:
Five tuners (four DVR + one Live) - record up to four shows at once
Enjoy full DVR functionality on your X1 DVR (XG1)
Manage, schedule, and play back recordings across all X1 Platform set-top boxes
Start watching a recording in one room and finish it in another
X1 DVR Between Native AnyRoom
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Augusta (Corp 5628) Market Trial – May 15, 2013

National Launch to Existing X1 Markets:
Northeast Division
Freedom - June 10, 2013
GBR - June 10, 2013
Beltway X1 Markets – Target date June 12, 2013
WNE
Moto (Bristol/Springfield) June 10, 2013
Cisco (Hamden/Londonderry) June 25, 2013
West Division (June 24, 2013)
California
Houston
Colorado Springs
Independence
Olathe

Central Division
Chicago Region - June 10, 2013
Chattanooga - June 10, 2013
Augusta (Corp 5628) - May 15, 2013, launch Market Trial
Atlanta - June 10, 2013
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Share Recordings- Watch in Multiple Rooms - HD Quality

With X1 DVR, customers can now enjoy a whole home DVR experience on the X1 Platform from XFINITY:

Manage, schedule, and play back recordings across all X1 Platform from XFINITY set-top boxes.
You can begin watching a recorded program on one TV in your home, pause or stop it, and then continue viewing it where you left off in another room.
You can watch up to three recordings in other rooms all at the same time; any program, at any point in the playback.
Someone's halfway through watching a movie you wanted to watch? No problem - go to another room and restart it from the beginning. It doesn't impact the other person at all.
You can both watch the same movie at the same time, and pause, rewind and fast-forward independently.
You can also watch three different recordings in two different rooms at the same time, pause, rewind and fast forward independently.
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Effective Date

June 3, 2013
Availability Details

National – X1 Platform launched markets only
Positioning

Instantly send web content you’re watching on your smartphone, tablet or PC right to your X1 Platform-enabled TV!
If you’re surfing the Internet and want to view and share a video or webpage on a bigger screen, now you can.
X1 Platform customers can join the Send to TV trial by accessing the microsite »sendtotv.x1.comcast.net/
Equipment Requirements

XG1 device
XFINITY Internet
High Definition (HD) video output resolution
The bookmarklet is officially supported only on the following operating systems and browsers:
Mac OX X 10.6/10.7/10.8 - Latest stable versions of Safari, FireFox, and Chrome
Windows Vista/7/8 - Latest stable versions of IE 8.x.x, IE 9.x.x, IE 10.x.x, Firefox 18.0.x or later, Chrome 23.0.x.x or later
iOS 5/6 - Safari
Android OS Gingerbread (2.3.x), Honeycomb (3.1.x, 3.2.x), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x) - Chrome and default browser
Eligibility

All X1 Platform customers with an XG1 device will be part of the trial.
Notification Method

There will be no advertising regarding this change.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

novanosis See Profile, what is your source for all of this info?
novanosis

novanosis

said by telcodad:

From a friend , internal source.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by novanosis:

said by telcodad:

From a friend, internal source.

OK, that's what it kinda looked like.
Thanks!

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to novanosis

Premium Member

to novanosis
said by novanosis:

Effective Date

June 3, 2013
Availability Details

Positioning

Instantly send web content you’re watching on your smartphone, tablet or PC right to your X1 Platform-enabled TV!
If you’re surfing the Internet and want to view and share a video or webpage on a bigger screen, now you can.
X1 Platform customers can join the Send to TV trial by accessing the microsite »sendtotv.x1.comcast.net/
Equipment Requirements

XG1 device
XFINITY Internet
The bookmarklet is officially supported only on the following operating systems and browsers:
Windows Vista/7/8 - Latest stable versions of IE 8.x.x, IE 9.x.x, IE 10.x.x, Firefox 18.0.x or later, Chrome 23.0.x.x or later
iOS 5/6 - Safari
Android OS Gingerbread (2.3.x), Honeycomb (3.1.x, 3.2.x), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x) - Chrome and default browser
Eligibility

Notification Method

Just tried it and it's very cool and like the idea a lot.

However it does seem pretty buggy right now but it is beta so I except that. I tested it on a 720P movie trailer on youtube and sure enough it played back on my X1 box full screen with sound. But I find that while it works on some videos others could not play for what ever reason. Like I said it is pretty buggy but once it becomes mostly stable it will be a very nice feature to have for your X1 box!

I am looking forward to seeing this new feature improved for sure!
novanosis

1 recommendation

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I like the idea as well but having a docsis 3 DVR it would be nice to be able to browse the net direct, or I hope they add a YOUTUBE app.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

said by novanosis:

I like the idea as well but having a docsis 3 DVR it would be nice to be able to browse the net direct, or I hope they add a YOUTUBE app.

Yes a Youtube App would be wonderful!

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

So would a Netflix app (gasps)
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to novanosis

to novanosis
How solid are the dates for the Central Region, namely Chicago Region? I just ask because I just called and a CSR, told me probably June, unsure, it's been pushed back twice already. I was like thank you, already knew that, that's why I was calling again. She just said keep calling every so often to check. She did mention "soon" that their would be announcements, advertisements, etc..... about the service.
novanosis

novanosis

said by aabaaf:

How solid are the dates for the Central Region, namely Chicago Region? I just ask because I just called and a CSR, told me probably June, unsure, it's been pushed back twice already. I was like thank you, already knew that, that's why I was calling again. She just said keep calling every so often to check. She did mention "soon" that their would be announcements, advertisements, etc..... about the service.

99% solid.

Ill know more tomorrow.
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
said by gate1975mlm:

said by novanosis:

Effective Date

June 3, 2013
Availability Details

Positioning

Equipment Requirements

XG1 device
XFINITY Internet
iOS 5/6 - Safari
Eligibility

Notification Method

Just tried it and it's very cool and like the idea a lot.

However it does seem pretty buggy right now but it is beta so I except that. I tested it on a 720P movie trailer on youtube and sure enough it played back on my X1 box full screen with sound. But I find that while it works on some videos others could not play for what ever reason. Like I said it is pretty buggy but once it becomes mostly stable it will be a very nice feature to have for your X1 box!

I am looking forward to seeing this new feature improved for sure!

Did you notice the volume to be much louder when playing the YouTube video compared to live tv? I had to lower the volume when it played a video from YouTube.
novanosis

novanosis to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
New build :4505

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Great finds Nova! Thanks.

Guess my only question - will my DVR and 2 HD boxes "automatically" become Anyroom next monday??

Hopefully that's the case - I was Anyroom prior to getting the X1 boxes.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

Great finds Nova! Thanks.

Guess my only question - will my DVR and 2 HD boxes "automatically" become Anyroom next monday??

Hopefully that's the case - I was Anyroom prior to getting the X1 boxes.

I hope all 3 of my X1 boxes get automatically upgraded to Anyroom DVR for free!
Chuck66
join:2004-04-28
Mantua, NJ

Chuck66 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Getting my box tonight, can't wait.

Anybody have a Harmony remote? Is there programming available for the X1 remote?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to gate1975mlm

MVM

to gate1975mlm
Nice article on the Multichannel News site this morning about all the latest X1 Platform features (including AnyRoom DVR):

Comcast Tees Up Multi-Room DVR for X1
Pace XG1 HD-DVR to Share Recorded Video with RNG150N Set-Tops Starting This Month

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - June 5, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· 1/143670
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to novanosis

to novanosis
Nova, be sure to let me know, when you find out. As I would like to get the X1 boxes, and if all of what I have read is true, it will allow me to reduce my bill a bit too.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to Chuck66

Premium Member

to Chuck66
said by Chuck66:

Getting my box tonight, can't wait.

Anybody have a Harmony remote? Is there programming available for the X1 remote?

I have a Harmony - but had to manually program it to learn the X1 commands. Took some time, but works like a charm.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

I was just thinking about something.

Will the Anyroom DVR feature work on the X1 DVR boxes also? Or do you need a X1 DVR and then just some Non DVR HD boxes a long with it? I just have 3 X1 DVR boxes in my home and I would love to be able to start a movie in one room and finish it in another. And being able to access any recording from any of the 3 X1 DVR's in any room would be so cool!

Is this going to be even possible if I don't have a Non DVR HD box?
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

Anyone with X1 will automatically get the any room features at no extra charge you just need to have the rng boxes that are X1 compatible.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
Gate-
You might be out of luck. You have THREE DVRs? Wow.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

Gate-
You might be out of luck. You have THREE DVRs? Wow.

Yep one in the livingroom and 2 in the bedrooms.

I guess with the Cloud DVR coming I might just replace 2 of the X1 DVR's with just a HD box and then I would use Anyroom DVR and also have more storage with Cloud DVR. I think it would be cheaper this way too

Guess I will find out soon enough
gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm to aguiar0016

Premium Member

to aguiar0016
said by aguiar0016:

Anyone with X1 will automatically get the any room features at no extra charge you just need to have the rng boxes that are X1 compatible.

I hope you don't mean X1 HD Boxes that are so slow running the X1 software?

I had one and returned it because the X1 software runs so bad on it.
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Gate1975,
You will only be able to use the any room feature with one X1 dvr. The other 2 will be just a regular X1 dvr unless you switch them out.
aguiar0016

aguiar0016 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Yep the rng boxes.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

gate1975mlm to aguiar0016

Premium Member

to aguiar0016
Click for full size
Is this by chance the box that would work with X1 Anyroom DVR?

I think this may be different then the old X1 HD box that I returned because of it's horrible performance.

I wonder if this one would be a lot better and be on par with the X1 DVR Box?
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by gate1975mlm:

Is this by chance the box that would work with X1 Anyroom DVR?

I think this may be different then the old X1 HD box that I returned because of it's horrible performance.

I wonder if this one would be a lot better and be on par with the X1 DVR Box?

Yes it's the Pace RNG150N. That's the only X1 client box they've ever used when deploying X1 AFAIK. The difference would be the many many updates that have been done to the X1 software codebase and optimizing it for the slower CPUs in the RNG series.

Eventually there will be even newer tunerless IP-only client boxes that should be really small and based on the specs should have good performance (they're fast ARM-based boxes - kind of like a smartphone's CPU).