share rss forum feed

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6
reply to novanosis

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

said by novanosis:

They are expecting the all in the cloud feature by 4th quarter.

Yes, see the latest postings on the X2 thread: »Re: [X1] The New X2 - The "Evolution" of the X1

BigBearsFan

join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL
reply to BigBearsFan

Haven't heard back from Comcast yet so called retentions ,it was stated to me the reason only new triple play customers can get X1 is demand would out weigh supply of boxes.After nineteen years of being with this company(Insight >Comcast) retentions said they are working to get this to loyal customers maybe by late July early August, for my loyal years of being a customer they can give me the only channel I don't have for six months (TCM) which amounts to a grand total of $6.60 because to have highest triple play package would cost me $1.10 cents more a month. So no X1 for me.Seriously considering going back to just internet and saving some big dollars .

novanosis

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1

said by BigBearsFan:

Haven't heard back from Comcast yet so called retentions ,it was stated to me the reason only new triple play customers can get X1 is demand would out weigh supply of boxes.After nineteen years of being with this company(Insight >Comcast) retentions said they are working to get this to loyal customers maybe by late July early August, for my loyal years of being a customer they can give me the only channel I don't have for six months (TCM) which amounts to a grand total of $6.60 because to have highest triple play package would cost me $1.10 cents more a month. So no X1 for me.Seriously considering going back to just internet and saving some big dollars .

Do you have a wife to put on her name and open a new account?

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

I was told if you upgrade to the preferred plus triple play they have no reason to deny you. It's for new triple play customers or upgrading customers.

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

Click for full size

BigBearsFan

join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL
reply to novanosis

Yes I am married but just got a call back and have an appointment scheduled for Thursday 11Am -Noon here is hoping nothing goes wrong !!!!

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to novanosis

said by novanosis:

[X1 "Send to TV" Feature]

Effective Date June 3, 2013

Availability Details

National – X1 Platform launched markets only

Positioning

Instantly send web content you’re watching on your smartphone, tablet or PC right to your X1 Platform-enabled TV!
If you’re surfing the Internet and want to view and share a video or webpage on a bigger screen, now you can.
X1 Platform customers can join the Send to TV trial by accessing the microsite »sendtotv.x1.comcast.net/

Equipment Requirements

XG1 device
XFINITY Internet
High Definition (HD) video output resolution
The bookmarklet is officially supported only on the following operating systems and browsers:
Mac OX X 10.6/10.7/10.8 - Latest stable versions of Safari, FireFox, and Chrome
Windows Vista/7/8 - Latest stable versions of IE 8.x.x, IE 9.x.x, IE 10.x.x, Firefox 18.0.x or later, Chrome 23.0.x.x or later
iOS 5/6 - Safari
Android OS Gingerbread (2.3.x), Honeycomb (3.1.x, 3.2.x), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x) - Chrome and default browser

Eligibility

All X1 Platform customers with an XG1 device will be part of the trial.

Notification Method

There will be no advertising regarding this change.

FYI - This "Send to TV" feature is mentioned in this article about Comcast's X2 unveiling at this week's Cable Show:

Comcast’s Roberts unveils X2 operating system
By Mike Robuck, CED Magazine - June 11, 2013
»www.cedmagazine.com/news/2013/06···g-system
quote:
Ahead of the X2 release, two new enhancements are now available the X1 platform that integrate Internet content. A new feature called “Send to TV” enables customers to easily fling a web page, like one that features streaming video, directly to their X1 set top box and view it on the big screen. After downloading a bookmarklet onto their computer, tablet or smartphone, a customer chooses the Web content they would like to see on their TV, clicks “Send to TV” in their bookmarks bar, and the content from their computer or device then appears on the television.

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

Just tried the "send to tv" feature, worked as described.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

Not home yet, but confirmed that our RNG150N boxes did receive a new build (4510) dated June 5th (this was the 1st update in months from the Feb 19th build), however there is not any option in the menu to view anything from the DVR.

So, won't know until tomorrow night when I get back what's up with the system.

Kinda figured it wouldn't happen automatically and w/o issues...

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

A new X1 Platform video popped-up today on Comcast's Xfinity channel/page on YouTube:

Introducing the X1 Platform
»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···XwLLOZik

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to novanosis

So some say yes, some say no, to getting X1, through retentions. Any words of wisdom, and the last few lines, mention existing, what does it say precisely?

novanosis

said by aabaaf:

So some say yes, some say no, to getting X1, through retentions. Any words of wisdom, and the last few lines, mention existing, what does it say precisely?

It's saying an install charge will apply if you are a current customer upgrading.

novanosis

reply to aabaaf

said by aabaaf:

Sorry they are being very strict.

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

Click for full size

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast

every market is different and follow their own set of rules. Give them a call and try Retention if they can't give it to you wait a few weeks, month then call again.

Here is Mass. it was the same way when they first rolled it out, now almost anyone can get it and they want all employees to have them in their house.

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

Does Fall River, MA have the X1's for current TP customers? the last time in april when i spoke to a CSR at the Fall River center they said only New Triple Play Customers could get them.

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to gate1975mlm

I just found out I qualify to get the X1 service. I have questions about the X1 Anyroom DVR service. Can a satellite terminal:

1) Setup recordings?

2) Delete recordings?

Also can you have a mix of X1 and non X1 DVR's? If they all have to be X1, can you have 1 X1 talk to the satellite and not to the other X1 DVR. Thus has it be by itself.

novanosis

said by aabaaf:

I just found out I qualify to get the X1 service. I have questions about the X1 Anyroom DVR service. Can a satellite terminal:

1) Setup recordings?

2) Delete recordings?

Also can you have a mix of X1 and non X1 DVR's? If they all have to be X1, can you have 1 X1 talk to the satellite and not to the other X1 DVR. Thus has it be by itself.

Share Recordings- Watch in Multiple Rooms - HD Quality

With X1 DVR, customers can now enjoy a whole home DVR experience on the X1 Platform from XFINITY:

Manage, schedule, and play back recordings across all X1 Platform from XFINITY set-top boxes.
You can begin watching a recorded program on one TV in your home, pause or stop it, and then continue viewing it where you left off in another room.
You can watch up to three recordings in other rooms all at the same time; any program, at any point in the playback.
Someone's halfway through watching a movie you wanted to watch? No problem - go to another room and restart it from the beginning. It doesn't impact the other person at all.
You can both watch the same movie at the same time, and pause, rewind and fast-forward independently.
You can also watch three different recordings in two different rooms at the same time, pause, rewind and fast forward independently.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to gt1racer

If you upgrade to a higher TP yes, if not it depends on your current package. Try calling again. It's more complicated than a simple yes or no.

novanosis

reply to aabaaf

said by aabaaf:

1) Setup recordings?

2) Delete recordings?

From what I'm hearing they prefer all boxes be X2, but I know it will work having different boxes. When it comes to the any room feature you DO need all boxes to be X1. If you prefer to have more than 1 X1 DVR plus terminals you can.
For example,

X1 DVR in the den

X1 DVR in the living room

X1 terminal in the bedroom

X1 terminal in the kids room

X1 terminal in the kitchen

With that setup you need to know which X1 DVR you want to use as your main HUB, you cannot have two X1 dvrs connected. After you choose the designated HUB say in the living room. Well the technician will install a 2nd mocha filter right behind the DVR in the den.

I hope that makes sense.

Also with the any room X1 DVRs you can now have up to 4 terminals plus the DVR. They say 5 will work but they don't offer that unless you are a "political leader" lol, or cry enough to someone in management .

gt1racer

Fall River, MA
reply to aguiar0016

said by aguiar0016:

If you upgrade to a higher TP yes, if not it depends on your current package. Try calling again. It's more complicated than a simple yes or no.

My parent's already have the highest TF Possible (XF Triple Play with HD Premier) so i hope sometime this week or next week we can stop by the Fall River Center and get an update.

gt1racer

Fall River, MA
reply to aguiar0016

My Family currently has the Highest TP in our area (XF Triple Play with HD Premier) hopefully we can find out sometime this week that the X1's are available to current TP Customers in Fall River.

(Please Delete, Duplicate Post)

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to gt1racer

They would have to upgrade to hd complete TP. Depending on what they have it could be more or less money. And install fees you will have to pay.

novanosis

1 edit
reply to gate1975mlm

They are doing trials on the cloud service with the XG1 and with all 6 runners active!

1TB storage
Can pause live T.V. On the terminals now.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

said by novanosis:

They are doing trials on the cloud service with the XG1 and with all 6 runners active!

Cool!

Being able to record 4 shows at once it already great but being able to record 5 shows while watching another show at the same time is even better

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to novanosis

said by novanosis:

1TB storage

So your saying we will have 1TB Storage in the cloud? Plus the 500GB Hard Drive that's built into the XG1?

Also being able to now pause Live TV on the On the terminals is wonderful too

Man I am really impressed by all the great features and new hardware that Comcast has been releasing.

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

Customer FAQs
What is X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality)?
X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) allows customers to play back recorded content from a maximum of three additional non-DVR set-top boxes in the home simultaneously. With X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality), you can:

View existing recordings and recordings in progress.
Manage, schedule and play back recordings across all X1 Platform from XFINITY set-top boxes.
Play, fast-forward, rewind, pause and skip forward/back DVR content.
Enjoy full DVR functionality on your X1 DVR (XG1).
Resume playback of a recording on any networked X1 DVR companion boxes (RNG150N).
Access HD content on the XG1 and RNG150N.

What boxes do I need for X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality)?
X1 Platform from XFINITY requires an XG1 (primary) and RNG150N (companion). You can have an unlimited number of companion boxes, but we are limiting the number of simultaneous DVR playback streams to three.

Can I have more than three companion boxes?
You can have an unlimited number of companion boxes, but we are limiting the number of simultaneous DVR playback streams to three.

Note: West Division customers are limited to six companion boxes. Each household is limited to six RNG150Ns with one X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality). Additional outlets can be installed with DTAs or CableCARDs.

Can I have more than one XG1?
Yes, customers in the Northeast and Central Division customers can have more than one XG1 (not available in West Division).
New X1 Customer’s in Northeast and Central Divisions (not available in West Division):
New X1 DVR customers are eligible for additional XG1’s for an addition $19.95 a month, but should not be proactively offered to customers. This should only be offered reactively to customers who request an additional DVR to pause or rewind live TV.
Existing X1 customers in Northeast and Central Divisions (not available in West Division):
Existing customers with multiple XG1’s who request to upgrade to the X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) are eligible as long as they are willing to pay $19.95 for each additional DVR.

What are the differences between the two set-top boxes?
RNG150Ns do not have the ability to control live TV (pause, rewind, jump to live, instant replay), view last and access the Facebook and Pandora applications.

Can I self-install X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) or pick up the boxes at the payment center?
No. In order to ensure proper installation, this service is currently only available through professional installation.

What DVR functions are not supported on the RNG150N (companion)?
Control live TV: pause, rewind, jump to live, instant replay, etc.

Why did a selected recording not play from the beginning on the XG1 (primary) or RNG150N (companion)?
If the recording was previously viewed on the XG1 (primary) or RNG150N (companion), it will resume from the point at which the playback stopped. You can play the recording from the beginning on the XG1 or RNG150N by selecting Restart on the Program Information screen.

Can a recording be played back at the same time from the XG1 or RNG150N?
Yes, a recording can be played back on more than one device. It can be streamed at the same time on the XG1 or RNG150N.

Why was a recording unable to be deleted from the XG1 (primary)?
If a recording is being viewed on a RNG150N (companion), you will not be able to delete the recording on the XG1 (primary) until the recording is no longer in use.

Can someone delete a program that is currently being watched on another set-top box?
No. If you are watching a program and someone tries to delete it on the XG1 (primary), they will receive a message that the program is currently being viewed on another companion. They will not be able to delete the program until playback is halted.

How can you tell how much space is available on the RNG150N (companion)?
The DVR screen on the RNG150N (companion) looks exactly the same as the primary, including the display of remaining disk space.

Why did the parental controls that were set on the XG1 primary not take effect on the RNG150N companion?
Parental controls are set-top box-based, which means you will need to set parental controls on each companion (RNG150N) as well as the primary DVR (XG1).

What is the splitter type device at the connection point?
This is a filter that is in place to prevent interference from other homes also networked with X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality). It will also assist in keeping the signal level high in the home for optimal picture and sound quality.

Can this filter be removed?
No, we do not recommend removing this filter. Doing so may cause the X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) service to perform improperly due to the signal loss and interference it may encounter from outside the home.

I want to upgrade my Native DVR service to X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality). Can the recordings from my old DVR be transferred to a new DVR?
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to transfer recordings to a new DVR.
Note: If the customer already has an XG1 on their account and they use it as the primary for their X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) service, they will be able to keep their DVR recordings.

Can I see the recordings from all XG1s in the home, once they have X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality)?
Yes, you will be able to share recordings with all DVRs in the home. However, it is recommended that each home have only one XG1.

What is the splitter type device on the back of my set-top box?
This is a point of entry filter that is in place to prevent the set-top box from interfering with your X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) service.

If I had the X1 DVR (XG1) installed professionally, can I self-install additional X1 Platform from XFINITY boxes at a later date?
No. All X1 Platform from XFINITY outlets require a professional installation.

Is the X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) available with the XFINITY Home Triple Play?
Yes. All X1 Platform offers can be the XFINITY Voice or XFINITY Home Triple Play.

Does XFINITY On Demand count as a ‘stream’ in the three streams to companion boxes limit?
No. The streams only refer to DVR content from the XG1 to an RNG150. For XFINITY On Demand, the RNG150 goes out to the XFINITY On Demand system to get that.

Will stand-alone X1 Platform from XFINITY digital boxes (SD and HD) continue to be available?
Yes, if a customer does not want DVR service they can still subscribe to SD or HD service with the X1 Platform from XFINITY. However, the multi-room capabilities require the XG1.

If a deposit is required, can the customer get the X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) and the companion boxes?
Yes, there are no additional deposit rules for X1 Platform from XFINITY over and above what exists today.

Service and Installation Options
Can I pick up a new X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) at a service center, or have one shipped to me?
We value both your business and your time, and support self-installation options whenever possible. The X1 Platform from XFINITY, however, is a specialized product that requires professional installation; an authorized Comcast technician needs to ensure that your signal levels meet our standards so that you receive the best X1 Platform experience possible.

What if I already have an X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality)?
We don’t currently carry X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) at service centers, even as replacements, but our dedicated X1 Platform support team can resolve many X1 Platform issues over the phone: 1-877-896-8678. (Note: offer a warm transfer as well.) We can also schedule a technician to come to your home to resolve any problems you are experiencing with your X1 Platform equipment.

Will there be a charge if I need a technician to fix or replace my X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality)?
As with any service call, there is a possibility that you will incur a charge for having a technician come to your home to fix or replace your X1 Platform equipment. For your peace of mind, we offer the Service Protection Plan (SPP), which ensures that any service calls regarding customer education or customer equipment will be free of charge.

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

said by gate1975mlm:

said by novanosis:

1TB storage

So your saying we will have 1TB Storage in the cloud? Plus the 500GB Hard Drive that's built into the XG1?

No, they will prompt you on the guide if you would like to stay to the hard drive or switch to cloud. If you decide to switch to the cloud you would accept their TOS.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA

3 edits
reply to novanosis

What does the following mean to me as I already have 3 X1 DVR boxes?

"Existing customers with multiple XG1’s who request to upgrade to the X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality) are eligible as long as they are willing to pay $19.95 for each additional DVR."

"Can I see the recordings from all XG1s in the home, once they have X1 DVR (with multi-room functionality)?
Yes, you will be able to share recordings with all DVRs in the home. However, it is recommended that each home have only one XG1."

This sounds like I can get AnyRoom DVR with out needing the RNG150N? Is that correct? And if that is indeed the case will I also still be able to record shows to each of the 3 DVR's in my home? Or will 2 of the DVR's be disabled because of AnyRoom DVR?

novanosis

reply to gate1975mlm

Looks like it!