Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CaptainVidJW

join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX
reply to JeepMatt

Re: [X1] AnyRoom, IT'S WORKING!

So my call yesterday to sales or billing must have gotten the right codes on my account.

I woke up early and thought what the heck, I'll take another shot at this. Called the X1 Support line, (877) 896-8678, got Pauline. She seemed to know what I was talking about.

Took a little while but she sent out a refresh signal to my boxes. I went from box to box unplugging and rebooting. It was about 45 minutes on the phone doing that for my 4 boxes. 2 DVRs, and 2 Non-DVRs.

Don't let them tell you that you can only have one DVR. Not true. On each DVR the recordings from each show up summed together.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JeepMatt

Re: [X1] AnyRoom

I wonder two things. If a customer owned MoCA filter is put in place prior to AnyRoom or X1 being installed, would the tech remove it and put in a "Comcast issued" one in the exact same place? I also wonder if having a MoCA enabled set top box or set top boxes from Comcast would mess around with a MoCA network already in place by the customer, and if merging them together is possible.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with tech problems.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

2 RNG 150 boxes received a new June 22nd build overnight.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Had X1 installed about 10 days ago. Takes some getting used to, but on the whole it's great. Much easier to schedule DVR, searching is easy, and the benefits of 4 simultaneous recordings are self-explanatory. Only annoyance is the spontaneous shift in resolution from e.g 1080p back to default 720p. Not a deal killer. Works just fine with Harmony remote, too.

No change in price for my triple play package, but did need a tech (at $25.25) to install it. According to him, this is because the box is very sensitive to low signal levels and he did make some adjustments to beef up the signal.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5

said by telcodad:

I’ve been thinking more and more about upgrading to an X1 system, but while many of the original bugs have been fixed with the numerous updates over the past several months, there appears to be a number of significant/irritating issues still outstanding with the X1 platform, so I continue to hold out for now.

Some of these appear to be due to the nature of client/server communication/cloud issues, so I’m not sure they will ever be fully resolved.

Anyway, here is my list of the current significant/irritating issues that I’m still seeing being reported in the X1 user forums:

1. Frequent slow/delayed responses to commands / ”lagging”

2. Programmed shows/series not always being recorded

3. Resolution settings changing back to defaults

4. Audio setting changing from surround back to stereo

said by telcodad:

said by JeepMatt:

Telco-
#3 happens to me every single day. Always reverts back to 720p. The latest firmware update now causes this to occur non-stop.

Prior about every 3 days it would do it.

I've rarely seen any lag lately (used to see it alot) in regards to #1 - and have not experienced #2 or #4

OK, thanks.

I listed them in order of decreasing importance (to me), so if you say #1 and #2 are not happening for you, that gives me some hope.

(I think some problems are being caused by [signal] quality issues with users' HSI service, but my cable modem stats / speed tests / ping times are good, so maybe I wouldn't experience many issues also.)

said by RalphKramden:

Had X1 installed about 10 days ago. ... Only annoyance is the spontaneous shift in resolution from e.g 1080p back to default 720p.
:
No change in price for my triple play package, but did need a tech (at $25.25) to install it. According to him, this is because the box is very sensitive to low signal levels and he did make some adjustments to beef up the signal.

Again, line/signal quality issues are probably the reason why many X1 users are having issues (lagging, freezes, etc.), while others say they have few or none.

Since it appears that the signal levels into and out of my home appear to be good, I guess I should expect to not encounter these problems.

However, I may wait until the X2 enhancements become available at the end of this year.

Cabby

join:2013-03-25
reply to RalphKramden

Is there a definitive list of release dates for cities where X1 will be available to existing customers? I can't seem to find anything concrete.

rscalzo

join:2006-07-07
Epping, NH

X1 boxes just installed. Called Customer Service and they did the install two days later.

Anyroom DVR is great. Channel switching is much faster.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to Cabby

said by Cabby:

Is there a definitive list of release dates for cities where X1 will be available to existing customers? I can't seem to find anything concrete.

I don't think Comcast provides a list of future X1 deployment dates/locations. novanosis See Profile has been the best source for this info on this forum and here is his latest posting on that: »Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

Where are you located?

Cabby

I'm in Jacksonville FL and have been waiting for an "update" to the Comcast offering for a very long time. They are airing the X1 commercial constantly in markets that don't even offer it with very vague coming soon messages. I'm an existing customer obviously with the AnyRoom DVR package. It seems to have issues or not work at all with the X1 right now, but staring at these varying shades of blue menus for decades is getting old. All my neighbors have DirectTV which is vastly superior, I'm hanging by a thread right now...

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

According to Comcast's Ted Hodgins in the Comcast Support forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···5#M78221), "the X1 Experience is scheduled for all of Florida on a rolling schedule starting this month [July] in the West Palm Beach area and continuing deployments in Florida through the fall."

Cabby

Ah, that's good info! We are nowhere near West Palm Beach, but I'll take "the fall" for sure, it's right around the corner. Thanks!!

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by Cabby:

Ah, that's good info! We are nowhere near West Palm Beach, but I'll take "the fall" for sure, it's right around the corner. Thanks!!

Well hopefully the X1 deployment will find its way to your area sooner than that.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Cabby

said by Cabby:

I'm in Jacksonville FL and have been waiting for an "update" to the Comcast offering for a very long time. They are airing the X1 commercial constantly in markets that don't even offer it with very vague coming soon messages. I'm an existing customer obviously with the AnyRoom DVR package. It seems to have issues or not work at all with the X1 right now, but staring at these varying shades of blue menus for decades is getting old. All my neighbors have DirectTV which is vastly superior, I'm hanging by a thread right now...

I get the same commercial crud from Verizon about their FiOS service in New York and Long Island and RNC about their services in New York and Pennsylvania, so this is nothing new.
--

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gate1975mlm

Click for full size
Not sure how long it's been there, but I noticed the new 'Voicemail' app today and tried it out and it works great.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

said by egeek84:

Not sure how long it's been there, but I noticed the new 'Voicemail' app today and tried it out and it works great.

I have had that for about a month or so I think and it does work great
Also really looking forward to getting X2 hopefully later this fall.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to egeek84

Cool option but really don't know how much of a demand there is to listen to your voicemails on your television. It feels a little awkward. Plus who really has a home phone these days.
--

rwycoff

join:2006-07-15
Bellaire, TX
reply to telcodad

Re: AnyRoom

said by telcodad:

FYI - Saw this item about X1 boxes for AnyRoom on the Comcast Support forum:

quote:
Had same issue last week! Called Comcast, they sent out another tech with all new X1 boxes he explained that the X1 Anyroom DVR's have a white label on the bottom that says ARX and satelite box has a label with ANR. He no sooner hooked them up and I had Anyroom DVR service and so far it's working fine. He said they were just notified of this at a meeting earlier that day. Suggest you call and have your X1 boxes "swapped out".

Not true for me in Houston. Neither of my X1 boxes had either ARX or ANR on the label.

rwycoff

Bellaire, TX
reply to JeepMatt

Re: [X1] AnyRoom

said by JeepMatt:

Captain-
Sorry to hear you're going through the same hell.

Not until I had a Senior Tech in National Repair look at my account after 4 weeks did it finally get fixed. In the end, it was all about the rate codes. You don't need new X1 boxes (if you have them already)- no matter what someone tells you. It was more of a few clicks and keyboard taps then a switch flip.

However - do you know if they installed a MOCA filter in your home during your install? You will need this for Anyroom. Luckily I had one put on the line during my X1 box install back earlier this year.

If you don't have one of those, you will need to get one put on your line, as it keeps all of your "data" within your home.

When I had AnyRoom turned on here in Houston, I did not have the filter. "Matt" called me back after a few days to see if everything was working. I asked him if I needed the filter and he said if everything was working as expected, there was no need to schedule a truck roll.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

wow that was the wrong thing to say. Of course the filter is needed, if anything, to keep your MoCA from screwing up the neighbors, lol
You know, a filter purchased by the customer can be used and prevent a truck from having to be rolled out, which I would think having to schedule it would be a hassle for a busy person, so the customer owned filter would be the best option.
--

rwycoff

Bellaire, TX

said by Mike Wolf:

wow that was the wrong thing to say. Of course the filter is needed, if anything, to keep your MoCA from screwing up the neighbors, lol
You know, a filter purchased by the customer can be used and prevent a truck from having to be rolled out, which I would think having to schedule it would be a hassle for a busy person, so the customer owned filter would be the best option.

I don't consider myself competent to replace that filter. The first installer that came out to put in my X1 boxes didn't know how to get them up and running. It took his "supervisor" to do it right.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

ah I see. I'm surprised that so many techs are having problems with this setup when it really is brain dead simple. Where they third party contractors or first party ComTechs? It's a mixed bag with both. I apologize for the unnecessary trouble you've had to go through during this time. I know how aggravating it can be.
--

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

fyi,

customers with tv and Internet can now also get the X1 dvr in the new england area. Can be new or current customers.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

Comcast announced today the launch of the X1 Platform in three cities in Florida and one in Georgia:

Comcast Launches New X1 Video Platform in Florida
Jacksonville, Sarasota, Naples Area Customers are Among First in Florida to Experience Newest Cable Television Technology

Press Release, Business Wire - July 15, 2013
»www.businesswire.com/news/home/2···-Florida

quote:
Comcast Florida announced today the launch of its new X1 video platform for customers in the Jacksonville, Sarasota and Naples areas, marking the debut of this new entertainment operating system in the Sunshine State. In addition, consumers in Brunswick, GA, will be receiving the new X1 video platform as well.
:
Comcast expects to offer the new X1 platform to additional markets throughout Florida in the coming months.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to Mike Wolf

said by Mike Wolf:

.... Plus who really has a home phone these days.

Comcast alone has over 10 million landline phone customers as of 12-31-2102. Source: »finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=CMCSK

A little less than half of US Homes still have landlines.
source: »www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2012···1793823/

So a "few" folks still have home phones. But the number is decreasing.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Oh I know, I was just pointing out that ever so slowly, people are phasing out home phones in favor of cellphones, Voice over IP, Video over IP, and of course HoloPresence.
--

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to gate1975mlm

still waiting in the keystone region. hopefully soon.

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO

Any news on the rest of colorado for X1 ? The Springs has had it for quite some time now !

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by MTBikerChris:

Any news on the rest of colorado for X1 ? The Springs has had it for quite some time now !

I've seen nothing new on that since you last heard it would be coming to Denver in late June or early July: »Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

When it was launched in Colorado Springs several months ago, Comcast was saying (»Comcast X1 comes to Colorado Springs, CO ):
quote:
"The X1 Platform and remote control app will be made available to Comcast subscribers in Denver and throughout Colorado later this year, Cindy Parsons [VP of external affairs for Comcast] said.

“The network is fully capable,” she said, “and we are making sure it is ready to be launched in the rest of the state.”

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
reply to gate1975mlm

Still waiting in Michigan for X1.

ricon

@comcast.net
reply to MTBikerChris

said by MTBikerChris:

August 1st is the launch date for Denver metro