spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

how does comcast compete with other offers?

Locally I keep getting flyers for dish network with frontier phone and internet and a $450 apple gift card if I sign up for 2 years.
How does comcast compete with offers like that?

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

1 recommendation

said by mikedz4:

Locally I keep getting flyers for dish network with frontier phone and internet and a $450 apple gift card if I sign up for 2 years.

Maybe some of those potential customers are in the same situation as you... why haven't you switched with all those great offers?

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mikedz4

I think they tend to ignore it and compete in a different manner as there are so many variables on what services can be obtained at a given address.

Recently upgraded the TV package on Comcast. Ended up with Triple Play.

They waived fees, added self install Phone, added 2 Movie Packages and some more stuff, without a Contract/No ETF and guaranteed price for 2 years. Cost was within a few bucks of the published rate for the next Tier of Channels we were seeking per my last Bill.

Have found over the years, it seems they wheel and deal over the phone and do not rely as much on going head to head with Frontier, CenturyLink and others in Print Advertising.

I think it is a comparison of Apple and Oranges based on my limited exposure to 2 Telecos:

Was in Frontier Territory and they could not touch what Comcast could physically offer. Too far from CO or other connection points and best they could offer was 1.5 Internet speeds, plus had to sign Contracts and such.

Where I am now, I am in CenturyLink Territory and they too cannot offer what Comcast offers. They cannot provide the same speed and we would have to upgrade the phone from a basic landline and add new features at additional cost. [already have Skype, Cell and others] Once all the taxes are added to the phone, then it changes the game. Plus I do not like Contracts and ETF's, as I do not know where we will be in 2 years.

timtom

join:2012-11-15

1 recommendation

reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

Go for it It is great deal.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to hortnut

said by hortnut:

Have found over the years, it seems they wheel and deal over the phone and do not rely as much on going head to head with Frontier, CenturyLink and others in Print Advertising.

Definitely. I'm fortunate to live in an area that's served by both Comcast and WOW!. All it took was one phone call to Comcast and I got them to match WOW!'s pricing for identical services. I have to call them again in six months to keep it, but that's life.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.