spc
uniqs
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to McBrain

to McBrain

Re: (Probably late) Amd 12.11 drivers bring performance increase

Do you have another Ethernet cable you can try using, or the driver cd that came with the mobo you could get the ethernet drivers off of?

Its possible your mobo could have a problem, hopefully not though.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I figure that I will need to reload the driver cd that came with the mobo...I just didn't feel like screwing around with it yesterday. Just one of those days where PC frustration would have probably put me over the edge, so I left it alone after the Windows install finished up.

I'll grab the mobo disc today and load the drivers from it this afternoon and see where that takes me.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Did you wear a static wristlink and turn off and unplug the PSU before working on it?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

No static wristlink, but I definitely turn off and unplug the PSU before I start touching anything.

I ended up reinstalling drivers from the mother board disc as well as from AMD's site once I got the network card up and running.

Fresh install of WoW, ventrilo, mumble, curse client, and GPU-Z. A brief test while sitting idle in Orgrimmar last night ended up with stable voltage and 43c temps.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but a complete system reset seems to have fixed it...I'm happy it did, but it was just a pain in the ass.
McBrain

McBrain to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Full night of 25 man raiding last night...

Max temp of 54c.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

That looks good, hopefully its all better now.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by me1212:

hopefully its all better now.

Everything is running smoothly. I've used MSI Afterburner to OC the card slightly...Off the top of my head I want to say I've turned the core clock up to 1170MHz (from 1100), the memory clock up to 1260MHz (from 1200), and the max power turned up 7%. I ran a couple FurMark Benchmarks (1920x1080) and ended up getting a score in the 2590s with a max temp of 68c, higher than the 7970s they had on comparison chart...I'm not sure if that score is good/bad/whatever, but it seems decent in my opinion.

Also, I've not gotten any errors or issues since the reinstall.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

Good to hear you got it working! Sometimes wiping everything and starting over is the way to go. Lol.