North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to gotsanity

MVM

to gotsanity

Re: [FiOS] Frontier keeps changing my port forwarding.

Do you have UPnP enabled within the router you're using? What router do you have? Are you using any special auto-port forwarding software at all? Have you checked your systems for malware?

Those IPs you're saying the traffic is being redirected to belong to Search Guide, Inc, not Frontier. As far as I know Frontier has no use for them. Instead, they use Yahoo! for anything that involves searching.

gotsanity
@frontiernet.net

gotsanity

Anon

said by Smith6612:

Do you have UPnP enabled within the router you're using? What router do you have? Are you using any special auto-port forwarding software at all? Have you checked your systems for malware?

Those IPs you're saying the traffic is being redirected to belong to Search Guide, Inc, not Frontier. As far as I know Frontier has no use for them. Instead, they use Yahoo! for anything that involves searching.

My first thought was malware as you suggested but the odd thing is that all of the machines on my network are running linux and I have yet to find any running proccesses that could be doing that. I know that linux isnt exactly malware free but the chances of it being linux malware is pretty slim considering there are only a handful of malware in the wild that target linux installs.

I added the port rules to block remote management from frontier and I also have upnp disabled. I will continue to dig around my network to see where its coming from.