All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to J E F F4

to J E F F4

Re: [Hockey] Poll -- Will there be hockey?

said by J E F F4:

However...Donald Fehr is a jackass. He has no issues killing the season. Now, I am not saying the Bettman is any better, both are jackasses.

Let's remember, it's a lockout and not a strike. Not saying Fehr isn't a jackass - but the PA was willing to play during negotiations, it's the league that wasn't.
said by J E F F4:

Like in baseball, salaries skyrocketed under his leadership, killing teams hopes along the way of ever competing.

Fehr has had nothing to do salary inflation in the NHL (so far). All of that has happened under the terms of the previous CBA. That's not something Fehr was involved in. If you want to put that at the feet of the NHLPA leadership, it's Goodenow you should be blaming.
said by J E F F4:

Just taking a family of 4 to the Leafs, with food and drink, will easily set you back $800. I have better things to do with my money. (Last game was $165 per ticket, plus merchandise and drinks and food, so about $820 total - and that was being cheap while at the game)

That's neither Bettman or Fehr, that's simply the Leafs charging what the market will bear. A family of 4, with food a drink, can go to a Sens game for $99(+tx) - though that's for nosebleed seats against a team with a small draw (and staying away from the beer).

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by bt:

A family of 4, with food a drink, can go to a Sens game for $99(+tx) - though that's for nosebleed seats against a team with a small draw (and staying away from the beer).

Really? How much do the tickets sell for? That would be less money than seeing a Kitchener Rangers game. (it would be about $110 just for four tickets -- no food)
bt
canada

bt

It's a package deal. 4 upper-300L tickets, 4 medium drinks, 4 hotdogs.

I was slightly wrong on the price - it includes the tax, and all extra fees except the "convenience fee".

The big "catch" is the limited game selection - last year it was available for 7 games, vs Columbus, Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay, NYI x2 and Buffalo. All were "Bronze" pricing level games, except Buffalo.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by bt:

It's a package deal. 4 upper-300L tickets, 4 medium drinks, 4 hotdogs.

I was slightly wrong on the price - it includes the tax, and all extra fees except the "convenience fee".

The big "catch" is the limited game selection - last year it was available for 7 games, vs Columbus, Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay, NYI x2 and Buffalo. All were "Bronze" pricing level games, except Buffalo.

Not bad. It would be cheaper to drive up to Ottawa ($120 in fuel), overnight stay at a hotel ($100 w/ hotwire) plus $100 in eating out, $100 for tickets, and $50 for each kid = $520, than going to a single game in Toronto..
bt
canada

bt

Well, that is compared to Toronto. Every time someone does a "cost of a night out" comparison across the league, the Leafs come in noticeably higher than the 2nd most expensive team.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

And with Robbers and Bhell owning the team it's only going to get more expensive.

Look for a MLSE purchase recovery fee coming to a phone bill near you soon.
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to bt

to bt
That's not bad at all. When I was living in Edmonton I don't think they offered anything like that. The nosebleed gallery tickets were already getting close to $75 (after fees) for most games. Lower bowl tickets were over $200. They could sell out every game, which a non-playoff caliber team. No need to have ticket deals I guess. The other thing that bugged me was how few individual game tickets there were. The bulk go to seasons ticket holders. Then they sell "minipacks". Which is basically code for making ticket packs with a game or two from a popular team, with tickets from the less desirable teams. This way to get tickets to a Detroit game, or a Penguins game you have to buy tickets for a Minnesota Game, or a stars game or something. That's how they sellout the tickets to the less desirable games. No real discount, but they just force the selling of those games with better games.

By the time you get past the season tickets and the minipacks there aren't may individual tickets left. Two years ago (the last year I was there) I pulled up lower bowl tickets for $260/ticket. Way too much. I put them back and searched again. There was nothing left
bt
canada

2 edits

bt

It's relatively new for Ottawa as well. They only started offering that pack for select games in the 2010 half of the 09-10 season. And it's also a full "Family night". So there are a bunch of extra kids entertainers and activities (buskers, face painting, etc) at the arena on those game nights.

It really is a fantastic deal for a family, especially with younger kids.

Cheapest normal ticket for Ottawa is $20 ($18 for standing room) for "Bronze" games, before all of the taxes and fees - which can add up. Buying the tickets at the box office is an extra $5.25 per ticket. Buying the tickets online to print at home or pickup at an outlet is an extra $9.25 per ticket, and an extra $3.50 per order. All taxable, of course. So for 4 tickets bought online, you're looking at about $135 after tax.