uniqs

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut to computerman2

to computerman2

Re: Condo Assocation and Signed Agreements with Cable Provider

How many units are in your Condo association? Have you contacted the President? What did they say? Will WOW be rolled into your dues or does it replace some other provider?

See no reason to change from ATT, as that comes into the unit from the Phone Lines.

Been helping my elderly folks with their paperwork and finances. They are in a Condo consisting of 26 units and are Ranch Style Duplexes.

Have found that every Condo HOA is different.

Any questions I have had I have gone to the President. They have been more than happy to answer or direct me to who could provide the answer. They do have a management company that deals with collecting dues, maintenance schedules, paying bills, keeping up with maintenance and so on. They also have very healthy reserves on hand if something were to come up.
computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

76 Units in this Assocation, with about 26-30 vacant in the rear

Right Now The President stated will be more info after it's all wired in, and More at the January 7th meeting

Reserves here very low, can't even afford roof maintenance as stated back in October, Roof Maintenance now turned over to individual Residents, Do have Copy of previous meetings minutes somewhere around here.

Water bill is over 26,000 in the RED, raising dues no matter what in the future was told as well...

All info I got right now concerning the cable/internet/phone matter at this point

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by computerman2:

76 Units in this Assocation, with about 26-30 vacant in the rear

Right Now The President stated will be more info after it's all wired in, and More at the January 7th meeting

Reserves here very low, can't even afford roof maintenance as stated back in October, Roof Maintenance now turned over to individual Residents, Do have Copy of previous meetings minutes somewhere around here.

Water bill is over 26,000 in the RED, raising dues no matter what in the future was told as well...

All info I got right now concerning the cable/internet/phone matter at this point

To start with it sounds like the president is trying to hide something if he doesn't talk openly about it. Obviously once it's all wired it's going to be much harder to make changes to the agreement.

But outside of that it sounds like the organization is very poorly run. To be that far in the hole is ridiculous and I'm not even sure it's legal to transfer the responsibility of roof maintenance to the property owners without changing the deeds of individual owners! Probably need to consult a lawyer about this. Also are the vacant units still owned by the developer? Somebody should be paying into the general fund for those units. Sounds like a visit with a lawyer is certainly due.
computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Been Talking to Lawyers on other issues...so far not much progress, Management company was like they got no choice but turn over roof maintenance to the Owners...Reserve Fund very low at the moment

Vacant units still owned by the Developer

Road was finally finished in August, after 10 years of driving on the sub layer, that was cracking and had ton of Pot holes in it

Water issue still working on, and other issues
computerman2

computerman2 to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell
8,000 Dollars to run the Sprinkler system for 2 days a week (for 3 months) in the Summer

How they got so deep in the hole who knows at this point, but I agree it's ridiciolous

GroovyPhoenx
Premium Member
join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON

1 edit

GroovyPhoenx to computerman2

Premium Member

to computerman2
Time to contact a laywer my thinks and have the condo/management open the books!

In so far as I know, it is not ALLOWED by law to run in the red, as you are paying for your water included in the bill an amount MUST be allocated to this, same as everythign else, a budget needs to be made and submitted for approval.

As for transferring the issue of the roof over to owners? No way is that permitted! you purchased the condo with the "Outside shell" being condo responsibility, the cost of replacing a roof on a single home runs from 2000-5000, regardless of how much fees you are paying, some of that money needs to be allocated to a roof /maintenance fund and they cannot just transfer something willy nilly.

Looks like el presidente is getting a kick back to accept this deal in some fashion.

In my own condo corp we have a president who while fully legal is doing many things we disapprove of, mind you I was unsuccessful in running against him as he "stacks" the votes by getting a lot of the owners who are absent to provide him with proxy votes. Thing is, we have no way to contact them since we're not privy to the information he is giving him an unfair advantage as he has been running the place like his playground for over 25 years.

I'm in a Condo not by choice but by fact it's all I could afford at the time. if I could I would dump it and live in a single house where while I pay all the bills I'd also own the whole shabang!