spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jclausen1

join:2012-09-02

Suddenlink DG950 Router will not keep changes.

Hello everyone!

We have two Suddenlink Arris DG950 routers in separate locations. Both are having the same problem.

Logging in as admin will not allow you to change most of the settings so I have to log in as MSO for the user.

Some changes will not stay in the router after it is rebooted. For example the wireless. When I disable the wireless, save the settings, and then power cycle the router, the wireless is back on.

We purchased these modems and did not rent them.

Thanks for the help,
John

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said

join:1999-09-05
North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
I experienced the same issue. When disabling the wireless it would be re-enabled after a reboot even using the MSO login. In addition I had a double-NAT problem that I eventually partially solved by putting my network into its DMZ.

I chose to buy my own modem after testing out the cable service for a couple of weeks. I considered the Arris a security threat to my own network (not completely configurable, some settings officially walled off from users, etc.)
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.gaffonline.com

jclausen1

join:2012-09-02
I just realized that I can't change the admin or mso passwords. That's pretty bad.

John

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Consider that it's just a rental. Save the 6 bux or so per month and just buy one. NOT a fan of arris at all