All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sam64
join:2006-07-31
Newtown, PA

sam64

Does a coverage map or comprehensive list exist somewhere?

Is there a coverage map of these markets -- like the one where you can plug in your zip code to see if 1900 MHz is active?
Alternatively, does anyone have a comprehensive list of everything lit up so far.

I know a few folks who have taken their unlocked iPhones over to T-Mo and it would be nice to tell them if they are covered or not.

King P
Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul
Premium Member
join:2004-11-17
Murfreesboro, TN

King P

Premium Member

airportal.de is as close to one as you will get. It's constantly updated by folks that have had found 1900Mhz support, on non-tmobile devices.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Those maps do take a while to generate an accurate picture, and T-Mo's map here has not yet changed from a month or 3 old one I printed out

SHoTTa35
@munival.com

SHoTTa35 to King P

Anon

to King P
Good post, shows tons of it in NYC and even a few spots in CT. So my Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) should be able to work on it tooo then!
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

2 edits

ArizonaSteve to King P

to King P
That map is bogus, it may not be showing 1900Mhz at all. Just because they are getting 3G doesn't mean it's on 1900Mhz. I don't think there are any phones that tell what freq. they are using. The only way I know of to tell is to use a spectrum analyzer to see what frequency you are using and it's still 1760Mhz here in Phoenix, not what they claim on the map. All those 3G spots are so far apart it's not too likely that anyone would be able to use one of them unless they drive right up to it though and most of them aren't really where they are shown to be on the map. I thought 3G and 4G towers were hard to find before but this is ridiculous. I'm going to drive to one of those locations tomorrow just to check it out. Out of hundreds of towers there is only one in the E. Mesa area but it's only about 5 miles from my house.