uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zionikk

join:2012-12-08
North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

[TWC] Rude Customer Service

Hello, my name is Harley. I've been trying to get Time Warner Services for 3-4 weeks now. I called them and gave them all my information, including my SS-number. I chose my package and they told me that a technician would be out the following Wednesday to hook me up. But no one ever showed so I called them to see what was going on. What they told me was that they canceled the installation because someone with my last name had a past due amount at this address. This person would be my mother, but she hasn't had services since like 2008 or so and she doesn't even live at this address anymore. The woman from TWC told me that I had to take my lease agreement over to the local office, so I did. The woman there said that everything should be fine, that now all I had to do was call a lady named Kerry so that she could unblock my account. So I did but she said before she could do anything for me I had to give her a 4-digit pin number. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about because I was a new customer and I never received a pin number. I got off the phone with her and called someone else and they helped me with my pin number. Now I've been trying to get ahold of Kerry for about 3 weeks now, calling her and leaving several messages. But she refuses to call me back. And everytime I try to get help it always ends up at Kerrys name. So I can't get any services until I speak with Kerry and have her unlock my account. Its really frustrating because I really need internet for my school and TWC is the only good option in my area. I live in North Baltimore, Ohio. Anyone ever experience an issue like this? Have any idea of what I could do? I know my mom has a past due amount and they want money from her. But why should I get punished for her mistakes? If really came down to it, they could add an extra $20 on my bill until my moms was paid off. I really don't care, I just want my services hooked up.

Gemutlich

join:2012-06-14

I see you've posted your question in the TWC Direct Forum. Hopefully, someone will give your issue some personal attention there and advise/assist with your issue. Good luck!

Expand your moderator at work

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
reply to Zionikk

Re: [TWC] Rude Customer Service

Would earthlink be an option? Does time warner handle the backend billing for earthlink?

skuv

@rr.com
reply to Zionikk

Re: [TWC] Rude Customer Service

It's obvious that TWC is just protecting themselves from people running up a cable bill, not paying, and then switching it to their wife's or husband's name to try to get a new account. They're not punishing you. It's what happened. Your mom owes them money. I assume they provided service to her. So pay it off.

paythosedebt

@reliablehosting.com
reply to Zionikk

what it is starting to sounds like is everyone in your family is taking a turn to have the service in their name.

it now sounds like twc wont be screwed over for a third time.

now if you want service in your name it sounds like those other 2 people''s accounts must be settled first.

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Zionikk

First of all, what other two accounts? There is only one account, and it hasn't been in service since 2008. No one in my family has ever had TWC except my mother. No one has even tried getting it.

My brother is 20 and I am 18. My parents moved to Texas over 3 months ago. My brother and I are the ones leasing this property now.

You guys can make all the assumptions that you want. But you have no idea what you're talking about.

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

I have had problems with TWC before and I called Exec Customer Service and they have been helpful with getting me on contact with people who can really solve problems.

Give them a call
»consumerist.com/2009/10/19/new-e···r-cable/

Burntone

@rr.com
reply to Zionikk

My suggestion would be to do as another said, go to the TWC cable Direct forum and post there.

A comment on why companies are they way they are now with past-due/disconnected service bills, it was a "trick" years ago if you had your electric/gas/phone cut off you would just get it turned on again in your spouse's name or a child's name, NOW they require PROOF you are NOT that person or connected with that person at that address.

I know a family that had the service in each or the parent's names and their children AND some of the grand-children, ALL the children were even minors at the time.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Zionikk

quote:
Why would I pay a bill for someone elses mistakes? I never put my name on a contract. I'm not the one who should be responsible, and I won't be responsible. Her and my father moved out of state and me and my older brother took the lease. End of story.

But like I said, if it really helped to add $20 or more to the monthly bill I wouldn't mind paying it until my mothers bill was paid off. Besides I don't have a spare $400-500 to pay for someone elses bill. Its Time Warners mistake for even letting the bill get that high! It should have never gotten over $200.

Funny I never considered my immediate family as 'someone else', specially when I live under the same roof. Now that you mention the amount owed to TWC ($400-$500) you have to understand their rationale.

TWC's payments are very flexible, first they don't charge you a late fee (at least where I live) if you pay late. Secondly from your post now I know that they will not disconnect you if you owe more than one month, I agree with you and TWC shouldn't have let the bill go that high as they should have disconnected the line after the first or two delinquent payments.

I would call TWC again and see if a payment plan could be negotiated but I doubt that they will trust you again and I don't blame them.

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
reply to Anon

Why would I pay a bill for someone elses mistakes? I never put my name on a contract. I'm not the one who should be responsible, and I won't be responsible. Her and my father moved out of state and me and my older brother took the lease. End of story.

But like I said, if it really helped to add $20 or more to the monthly bill I wouldn't mind paying it until my mothers bill was paid off. Besides I don't have a spare $400-500 to pay for someone elses bill. Its Time Warners mistake for even letting the bill get that high! It should have never gotten over $200.

I tried Earthlink, but yes Time Warner does infact handle the backend billing. All of this would be solved if the woman who is in control of my account would stop avoiding me.

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to etaadmin

Okay there is something you guys aren't understanding here. I don't live under the same roof as my family member who owes money from the past.

Trust me again? I never had any services with them, so how could they not trust me "again" My mom had service before, that's it. Not my father, not my brother and not myself. My brother and I are both old enough now and we are living on our own. We have no reason to be involved with the issues they have with my mother.

But I could really care less anymore, you people don't seem to know what you're talking about and TWC does not either. Ill just go with Frontier I suppose.

join:2012-12-11
North Coast

I think most understand that, but TWC wants PROOF that isn't the case, see my comment above.

Chances are the name and address on "the list" and getting service from any provider will be just as much of a hassle.

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

Well you see, they told me to take my lease agreement over to the office and I did. The lady there said everything looked fine and that I should have no trouble getting services now.

She just told me to call a lady to get the block off. So I did, but she won't answer the phone or reply to any of my messages. Everytime I try to get further assistance, it comes down to her. But I can't get ahold of her.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

"She just told me to call a lady to get the block off. So I did, but she won't answer the phone or reply to any of my messages. Everytime I try to get further assistance, it comes down to her. But I can't get ahold of her."

I guess its possible with the holiday season she is out of the office.

Good luck

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
reply to Zionikk

Good luck.. This is a normal practice with cable providers.. If someone at that "service location" has been previously past due or been disconnected due to non payment the system puts a flag on that "service location"

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by Matt7:

Good luck.. This is a normal practice with cable providers.. If someone at that "service location" has been previously past due or been disconnected due to non payment the system puts a flag on that "service location"

My understanding of the policy is that is you lived with an account holder that has an unpaid bill, without the full payment of that account, services will not be reconnected. This from a business aspect makes perfect sense.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

Haha well I had no choice but to live with a previous account holder, I was only 13-14 at the time. Back in those days I wasn't worried about internet, I wasn't even aware of the issues my mother was having.

I guess it's understandable though. I just hate that this a freakin monopoly business and TWC is the only company around that provides services that fit my needs.

I could easily get Frontier but I've heard bad things about them. Hopefully ill figure something out though. Maybe I can come to some sort of agreement with TWC.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

As I have said good luck.

Hob

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
reply to Zionikk

Zionnik the more comments I read by Hob I am sure that he works for TWC so he won't really help you or try to , your only hope is now Direct Forums.

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH

If Hob works for TWC, I don't care. I've already taken care of the situation. Well somewhat...as soon as the lady calls back I will have everything taken care of.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to patt2k

said by patt2k:

Zionnik the more comments I read by Hob I am sure that he works for TWC so he won't really help you or try to , your only hope is now Direct Forums.

Thanks Patt2k. I think most of the regular readers KNOW I work for Time Warner Cable. I don't work in Collections or in Ohio so I really cant help the OP. I did however post what is TW policy in cases like this.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by hobgoblin:

said by patt2k:

Thanks Patt2k. I think most of the regular readers KNOW I work for Time Warner Cable. I don't work in Collections or in Ohio so I really cant help the OP. I did however post what is TW policy in cases like this.

Hob

Yes but you could always suggest something for OP trying to be helpful at least that is all im trying to say but let's not go off topic.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

I posted the policy!

That I believe was helpful.

Hob

Zionikk

North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

Blah, well I just thought I would update. After wasting much time trying to get Time Warner Cable I decided to give up and get Frontier.

I find this sad though because I even contacted my mother and she said that she would pay her bill so that I could get services. She tried to call to pay it off but they told her the same thing that they have been telling me.

Which is that she needs to call the lady from the financial group to make the payment and get this address unblocked. But to no surprise, every time she or I would try to call the lady she would not pick up her damn phone. Not only that but after leaving several messages she would not call back.

I am very disappointed with this lady, if they wanted the money that my mom owes them so bad you'd figure they would pick up the phone or call back.

I'll admit that I still want TWC, and I will continue to try. But does anyone have an idea of what I could do to get this lady to contact me or my mother?

I even called a lady that works in the same office as her and she said "Oh shes here right now, give me one moment and I will transfer you to her" She transfers me and I still don't speak with her. She never even called back after I left a message.