share rss forum feed

fan13027

join:2008-10-26
Winnipeg, MB
Reviews:
·Shaw

[MB] New Payment Policy At SHAW ???

Click for full size
I've been a loyal SHAW user since 1998 when it was still called @Home and cable internet was first available in my area (Calgary at that time).

For the past few years I haven't had my own account because I lived in a home where the bill was in someone else's name, but recently I bought a new condo and signed up for service in my own name. Got HS20 installed 8 days ago and the installation and service has been fine -- I'm even enjoying the new speeds because the previous service was still the old High Speed (7.5 Mbps).

Today I received via e-mail my first bill .... hmmmm

Invoice Date - Today Dec 10th
Received via E-Mail - Today Dec 10th
Due Date - TODAY DEC 10TH

I'm sorry, but what the fuck ???

Branflakes

@74.198.150.x

Shaw charges one month in advance just like everyone else out there (pretty much) so your new charges are for services you are using but haven't paid for yet.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to fan13027

Hi Richard,

Looks like an issue with the printed bill, probably because it's your first one. I'm not a billing expert, but I belive your actual Due Date is January 1st.

It will correct itself once your second bill arrives. I'll escalate the printing error.

-Shaw_Alex

fan13027

join:2008-10-26
Winnipeg, MB
Reviews:
·Shaw

Thanks Alex! I phoned and they basically told me the same thing -- they wouldn't charge late fees if I paid by Jan 01.

But for all the stories I read here about various ISPs, it's exactly when the font line staff say "You have nothing to worry about." that it's time to start worrying