Search similar:

uniqs

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22

[Extreme] rogers coming to Burlington?

Hi all
Burlington has typically been cogeco country for in cable internet but for the last couple weeks there has been a crew pulling cables along mainway near walkers line, which is a commercial street thats never had cable available at all.
There is a sign near where they are pulling the cable saying the name of the contractor "on behalf of rogers" with the rogers logo.

Anyone know if I should be excited?
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by GreenEnvy22:

Anyone know if I should be excited?

Don't expect Rogers to provide service to any address that has Cogeco available.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22

Oh I wouldn't expect that. Cogeco is not available along this street. The residential street our business backs onto has it, but not the 100-150 or so businesses along this stretch of Mainway.
Cogeco wanted $10,000 to run cable 200meters from the corner where it ends, we said no.

I'd prefer to be on cable over VDSL (as our backup to our Fiber main connection), but it's never been an option.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to GreenEnvy22

to GreenEnvy22
Could be that the contractor didn't have any "Cogeco" magnetic signs handy.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to GreenEnvy22

Premium Member

to GreenEnvy22
I'd love to get Cogeco over Rogers.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to GreenEnvy22

Premium Member

to GreenEnvy22
There are different arms of Rogers...

Could be for Roger's business services, could be for wireless, or could be (but not likely) for CableTV/Residential services...

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

I'd love to get Cogeco over Rogers.

Talk to my ex, she'd dispute what you just said. From what I can see (hear) though, their phone service is terrible. Think about how bad some VoIP services can be, and multiply the badness by 50, that's what Cogeco Home Phone is like.