join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to not quite right

MVM

to not quite right

Re: Magic Mouse Problem

said by not quite right:

In bluetooth settings, mark your magic mouse as favourite
This seems to help for quite some people. To do this, click on the small wheel besides the + and - buttons.

Tried this and skeechan See Profile's suggestion. Nothing. I wonder if this is VNC related. I have a video cable coming in the mail today and then I can ditch VNC. I'll see what happens.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

It could, to stop people from interfering with the vnc session by having battling mice. What you can try is exiting the session and move the mouse, then restart the session and see if the pointer moved; being careful to minimize mouse movement after the session restarts.

What VNC server are you using? The built in one? If it is 3rd party poke around and see if there is any settings that lock the input devices.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by skeechan:

It could, to stop people from interfering with the vnc session by having battling mice. What you can try is exiting the session and move the mouse, then restart the session and see if the pointer moved; being careful to minimize mouse movement after the session restarts.

What VNC server are you using? The built in one? If it is 3rd party poke around and see if there is any settings that lock the input devices.

On the mini I'm using the built-in server. On my PC I'm using RealVNC Viewer. The latter can disable the viewer/client mouse input but that does not seem to free-up the mouse (pointer) on the mini. If USPS would hurry up and get here I could try for certain.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Too big of a pain to hook the Mini to an HDTV (via HDMI)?

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by skeechan:

Too big of a pain to hook the Mini to an HDTV (via HDMI)?

Unfortunately yes. I set the mini up that way when I first got it but it's now buried under a desk. I can, however, unhook my PC DVI connection and try that.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

If it were VNC, a wired mouse should not work either.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

It is indeed the VNC doing it. I hooked-up my Dell monitor over DVI and ran the mini direct for a bit. The Magic Mouse was fine. What's really odd is after then going back to using VNC the mouse pointer continued to work with the MM but it's very jumpy. It'll be fine when I switch permanently to running without using VNC.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Maybe it is 'conflicting inputs' confusing the OS or something. But at least it isn't broken. That would suck. I know having just bricked a Wii U doing an update.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

1 edit

Nezmo

MVM

said by skeechan:

Maybe it is 'conflicting inputs' confusing the OS or something. But at least it isn't broken. That would suck. I know having just bricked a Wii U doing an update.

Possibly.

Thank for all the input though folks. I'm learning this Mac stuff slowly but surely.

Edit - And just when I had given up on USPS today for the VGA adapter I ordered they knock on the door.