uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

[Help] Samsung Galaxy Nexus Can't Send/Receive MMS

Anybody else having this problem? I've tried sending and receiving MMS' on 3G, 4G LTE, WiFi, blue signal bars, gray signal bars on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus and.... NOTHING!

Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. Just happened to come across someone else posting about the exact same thing on another site: »answers.yahoo.com/question/index···4AAjMFxY

A Google search shows this to be a pretty pervasive issue: »www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&t···&bih=787

Help!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Have you tried the thing that worked for you last time?
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Are you running a custom ROM? Maybe it's time to try a different one. Which one are you running by the way?
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I had the same MMS problem with a GSM GNex and it was the APN settings. I transposed a lower case letter for a capital letter and MMS wouldn't work. Did you check you settings against the default settings?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to pflog
said by pflog:

Have you tried the thing that worked for you last time?

Yes I did. Handcent SMS seems to be the only way I can "force" an MMS to go through or to receive one, and that doesn't even work 100% of the time.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to PeeWee
said by PeeWee:

Are you running a custom ROM? Maybe it's time to try a different one. Which one are you running by the way?

Yes I am. It's a stock JB ROM by Bugless Beast.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Lone Wolf
said by Lone Wolf:

I had the same MMS problem with a GSM GNex and it was the APN settings. I transposed a lower case letter for a capital letter and MMS wouldn't work. Did you check you settings against the default settings?

Yeah I checked them. Haven't done anything with them.
--

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
What is your APN set to and are you in an LTE area or no?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by pflog:

What is your APN set to and are you in an LTE area or no?

Yes I am in an LTE area.

APN is set to:
Name: EHRPD - Verizon Internet
APN: VZWINTERNET
MCC: 311
MNCL 480
APN type: default,dun
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: eHRPD

Anything else I didn't list is because it's set to what seems to be the default setting of "Not set".
--

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I have a Nexus and am on Verizon and have had trouble sending photos. It just hangs on "sending".

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Same issue that I've been having. And so has so many others it seems.

Anybody discover a real fix for this?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
How are you getting that specific text? I grabbed "APN shortcut" from the play store and mine is marked as "LTE - Verizon Internet".

There's one called "EHRPD - Verizon Internet" which it sounds like you're on. Perhaps that's the problem?
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
What do you mean? Only way I seem to be able to get MMS' is when I open up Handcent and click download, and that kind of "forces" it to be received, but that doesn't work all the time; doesn't seem to automatically come through with the stock Messaging app. When I try to send MMS', it just keep getting stuck on "Sending", and doesn't go through. If I open up Handcent and try to send an MMS, it's not 100% that it will go through, but it does work sometimes.
--

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
I mean my APN is set to "LTE - Verizon Internet" which is different than yours - and my MMS works perfectly fine both incoming and outgoing. Both on wifi and off wifi.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Hmmm....

What is the APN set to for the rest of you guys?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
How are you getting that output? I can generate the same here. I didn't see anything with that level of detail. Are you using an app or is that via a menu somewhere or what?
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by pflog:

How are you getting that output? I can generate the same here. I didn't see anything with that level of detail. Are you using an app or is that via a menu somewhere or what?

APN Settings Shortcut
--

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
hmm that's what I'm using as well. I didn't realize you could tap on them.

Anyway, it looks like mine is now on "EHRPD - Verizon Internet" now, so it must flip between the two based on whether I have 4G coverage or not.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
So anybody find a clear solution for this issue?

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
My picture from 12/7 still says sending!

I have not had time to call Verizon and stay on the phone with them for any length of time to see if they could help.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
Rebooted the phone and now it is gone.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
But did it actually go through properly?

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
No, it vanished.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

So anybody find a clear solution for this issue?

It would be best to post the question here »forum.xda-developers.com/showthr···=1925708 as the rom dev's might have seen it before. sms or mms issues usually fall back to rom issues.
Of course I'm partial but I think the smoothest best supported rom is JBSourcery. »rootzwiki.com/topic/27553-romjbs···new-421/
--

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Bug with new JB... I use the stock messaging app to send MMS and handcent for text.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
It started for me with JB.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Try a different rom. I'm running a rom based on latest version of JB and myself and many others on the same rom do not have this issue.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah. I'm thinking to jump from Bugless Beast's 4.1.1 JB ROM that I'm currently running, to CyanogenMod's 10.1 ROM for 4.2.1 JB.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Well you've already got my recommendation from a prior post. Good luck.
--