Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel

1 edit
reply to Kruisey

Re: Netflix and Internet use

said by Kruisey:

Therefore as I mentioned above,lower allowed usage levels should not affect me.

And that kind of attitude is a big part of the problem.

People say "doesn't not affect me, don't care".

After that, what happens? Everyone pays more for diminishing service. Then a few years later a portion of the same people who were saying "doesn't affect me" start begging for more monthly usage allowance.

You should be against the decrease in caps even if it doesn't affect you right now, as a matter of principle if nothing else.

said by Kruisey:

I feel very sorry for many folks that due to financial circumstances have to use Netflix.

Not everyone that uses Netflix (or other online streaming) use it due to financial concerns. For one, some people don't like having to put up with commercials that now infest the great majority of TV channels. It also offers the possibility to watch content on devices OTHER than a TV, even when you're away from home. Some people simply don't feel that Optik TV (or other standard TV services) is worth the money, and would rather spend it elsewhere.

Branflakes

@74.198.150.x
It's going to get expensive and limited use with Telus UBB launch come February...

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC
reply to TheMG
Well tonight there is a nice treat Michael Buble/ 'Home for the Holidays' Christmas Classics. Guess will watch on my large screen with Optic HD TV

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to TheMG
said by TheMG:

said by Kruisey:

I feel very sorry for many folks that due to financial circumstances have to use Netflix.

Not everyone that uses Netflix (or other online streaming) use it due to financial concerns. For one, some people don't like having to put up with commercials that now infest the great majority of TV channels. It also offers the possibility to watch content on devices OTHER than a TV, even when you're away from home. Some people simply don't feel that Optik TV (or other standard TV services) is worth the money, and would rather spend it elsewhere.

I have Optik TV, because I have disposable income and thought "why not?" -- I've had the service at my own place for approximately 6 months, and have used it for maybe an hour in total. There is NOTHING on Optik TV that I want to watch. Literally nothing, and when I want to watch something (eg. the Greycup) it turns out it's not on my service level.

So, Netflix and other means of watching TV is incredibly useful for me.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to Branflakes
said by Branflakes :

It's going to get expensive and limited use with Telus UBB launch come February...

UBB isn't coming in February. The announcement didn't detail this.
--
The more I C, the less I see.