pmohr
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Maryville, TN

pmohr to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77

Re: Hyundai Equus

We've had a couple through the shop, and while I wouldn't pay $60k for a Hyundai, the Equus is actually built very well, and has quite a few toys on the inside.

Only real design issue I've seen on them is that the HVAC and radio controls in the rear can not be locked out up front.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

said by pmohr:

We've had a couple through the shop, and while I wouldn't pay $60k for a Hyundai, the Equus is actually built very well, and has quite a few toys on the inside.

Only real design issue I've seen on them is that the HVAC and radio controls in the rear can not be locked out up front.

And yet any argument for that car can be met with a "Its a $60K Hyundai!" I think VW learned its lesson with a Paethon (SP?), time for Hyundai to learn theirs I guess.

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings

Phaeton.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vo ··· _Phaeton

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

There is a guy here in town that has a 2006 model, just before it was discontinued in the States. I know it was a $70,000 car, but I can;t help but think Beetle when I see the VW logo. I'm exactly the reason companies like Toyota, Honda, and Nissan started Lexus, Acura, and Infinity.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

Hey, put some rings on the grill, a V8 under the hood and some dipshit will pay 60 grand for a Passat. It's a strange world, isn't it?

More to the topic, the Genesis and the Equus are very popular around here - almost always in black. Seem like for some cultures, a black Benz means you have arrived. A black Equus means you want to look like you've arrived.